Life Style Inventor (LSI) is a methodology that is used to measure about 12 specific styles of patterns of thinking that can either help or hinder a person from reaching his or her potential, It is organized into three general clusters as follows, constructive, passive/defensive, and aggressive/defensive. The objective of this paper is to compare my computer-simulated evaluation of my personal life style based on the 12 styles of pattern against my personal behavior in real life and be able to find synergy between the two, and work on the weak life style to be able to reach my potential personally and professionally. This paper will review my primary and backup thinking style, impact on management style, genesis of personal style, and conclusion and reflection of the entire exercise as it concerns me, and my environment.
Primary and Backup thinking Style: - The LSI survey indicated that my primary personal thinking style is the Conventional style with percentile rating of 93%, while the backup are; humanistic-encouraging, dependent, and competitive with percentile rating of 90%. Critical examination of my survey with respect to both my primary and backup styles actually has close manifestation in my life and work, I could attribute the conventional life style I leave today from my family up bringing which was later compounded from my first employer (Schlumberger Oilfield services). The slogan in Schlumberger has always been “exhibit low profile” in fact; low profile is part of the mandatory training you will undergo when you join the company. Secondly, my mother raised us in a midst of traits due to the family. The Humanistic-Encourage is all part of me, I personally derived jo...
... middle of paper ...
... seem to believe with this form of personal evaluation about one’s lifestyle and character, but after taking this survey and review the interpretation. It is very intrigue to me that conventional people like me strictly adhere to and seldom question establish rules and procedure, this character is something of interest and I hope improve on it. Reflecting on the LSI result, the survey has recommended that becoming less conventional can result to reasonable benefits such as freedom to express myself, creative innovative approaches to tasks, self-set standards and goals, a strong more individualized sense of self, the confidence to fulfill my potential, and the ability to make my own decision. I believe that improving on this will help me to be more effective than I am today, because “your attitude determine your altitude” See appendix A for details of my LSI survey.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Life Styles Inventory has definitely given me different perspective on various areas about myself. As well as providing me additional self-development tools, it has also added some confirmations regarding my behavior while at home and at work. I undeniably agree that this information can produce changes as it relates to my reactions, relationships, and thoughts. Personal Thinking Styles The Life Styles Inventory (LSI) indicated that my primary style that had the greatest influence on my behavior was the Humanistic-Encouraging style, and my backup was Conventional style.... [tags: self-development]
1621 words (4.6 pages)
- Introduction The Life Styles Inventory (LSI) is a self-assessment diagnostic instrument that measures 12 key thinking patterns, or "styles". The LSI promotes performance change and improvement by increasing personal understanding of one's thinking and behavior. By responding to these 240 inventory items, individuals learn exactly where they need to focus their development efforts, without ambiguity or guesswork. The results of the self-description are plotted on a circular graph for easy visualization of how the individual thinks and behaves in the 12 LSI styles.... [tags: self-assessment diagnostic instrument]
1597 words (4.6 pages)
- In thinking and decision making, it will be analyzed on three different types of thinking styles. The three thinking styles analyzed are Creative thinking, Logical thinking, and Persuasive thinking. These three thinking styles are some of the many important styles used in a workplace. Creative, logical, and persuasive is a great mix of thinking styles that helps a company becomes very successful in completing a job task. The three different types of thinking will be spoken of on how they each affect the critical thinking process.... [tags: Thinking Styles]
1278 words (3.7 pages)
- There are three primary parenting styles, the authoritarian, authoritative and the permissive. Some of them have adverse effects that fail to provide the emotional needs of the children. First of all, the authoritarian parenting style is infused with more punishment than the other two styles. It requires the child to submit to all of the rules and regulations that are provided by their parents. The parents in this type of style refuse to allow the child to make any conscionable decisions, deeming them with an inability to become more dependent.... [tags: authoritarian, authoritative, permissive]
517 words (1.5 pages)
- ... Although I see this style of thinking as a positive way to help shield oneself from disappointments that could be brought about by interactions with others, however “they interfere with personal effectiveness and negatively impact individual health and well-being.” (Passive/Defensive styles, 2014). When trust becomes an issue in the workplace then it does interfere with the interactions between people and therefore build negativity in the team. . Also, I do not necessarily seek approval from others to get something done but I do seek recognition or at least some kind of an acknowledgement.... [tags: constructive, humanistic, affiliative]
1395 words (4 pages)
- Thinking and Decision Making In decision-making, many different thinking methods must be considered. Some people like to think outside the box or use abstract, creative thoughts to make decisions. This is known as creative thinking. Others prefer to use a style of thinking built on a solid foundation, known as persuasive thinking. Some thinkers prefer to rely on reasoning to make decisions. This is known as logical thinking. When considering these three different thinking styles, many similarities and differences are apparent.... [tags: Thinking Styles Decisions]
1910 words (5.5 pages)
- Personal Thinking Styles After taking the survey, my results depicted that my primary style of thinking is Affiliative. I find this someone accurate in how I live my life, however there are characteristics I exhibit which diminish my affliliative personality. I find that I am continuously trying to find that perfect relationship or bond with someone. Frankly, I find it hard to make connections with others because my continuous need to be perfect. I find that my closest and best relationships are those who have common values, way of living, and ideals about living life.... [tags: Self Analysis Personality Leadership]
1792 words (5.1 pages)
- Thinking and Decision Making When it comes to the reasoning and problem solving of any issue there are various ways to come to a decision; thinking is the mental process that allows the people in the world to deal with it effectively, according to set goals, plans, ideas, and desires. Thinking involves the gathering of information that forms concepts and engages in problem solving, reasoning, and making precise decisions for the benefit of whom is concerned. Thinking according to Kirby and Goodpaster (2007),"is an internal mental process that uses information as input, integrates that information into previous learned material and the result may be knowledge or may be nothing".... [tags: Critical Thinking]
1478 words (4.2 pages)
- Thinking Styles and Forces of Influence One of the major obstacles encountered at Crossroads Hospitality was the inefficiency of the payroll department in regards to how they obtained their data from the various properties managed. This department handles the calculations, printing, and distribution of paychecks to over one hundred properties nation wide. Currently this department handles the payroll as manual data entry, with the general managers of the individual property submitting their payroll on ledgers or excel spreadsheets, and the payroll clerks verifying for accuracy, at which point this data is input into the ADP payroll system for check distribution.... [tags: Papers]
637 words (1.8 pages)
- Every day, living creatures are making decisions. Whether the decisions are big or small, they have to be made. As the decisions are performed, there is a process that one goes through. Different types of thinking styles and thought processes are available. The way one feels, believes, attitudes, and relating ideas can play a big part in their thinking styles. Various methods of thinking and thinking styles are used. In this paper the subject is to discuss is three different types of thinking styles.... [tags: Critical Thinking Essays]
1082 words (3.1 pages)