I believe that world war 1 led to world war 2. the main reason is the treaty of Versailles. the allies totally screwed Germany and were totally unfair.
The allies forbade Germany to have an army of more than 100,000 men, a fleet of more than 36 warships, submarines of any kind, and military air craft. They could not maintain fortifications or military installations within 50km of the Rhine land. And to all that Germany was required to pay large sums of money as reparations for damages that the allies had taken during the war.
The league of nations had the responsibility of keeping the peace, and although they did not admit Germany to the league for the first couple of years after the war, Germany was let in in 1926. The league had little power however, and much of this was that it failed to pass through the American system so America stayed out of the responsibility of keeping the peace in Europe. As further proof to the leagues weakness, an event that occurred in Manchuria that led Japan to attack, was merely overlooked as an ‘ok’ reason to attack and let Japan get away with it, and to further this, Japan didn't even care what the league had to say about their little attack.
The rise of Hitler brought its problems also. During the great depression Hitler said that the only way for his country to get out of the de...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- World War I was the cause for World War II I believe that world war 1 led to world war 2. the main reason is the treaty of Versailles. the allies totally screwed Germany and were totally unfair. The allies forbade Germany to have an army of more than 100,000 men, a fleet of more than 36 warships, submarines of any kind, and military air craft. They could not maintain fortifications or military installations within 50km of the Rhine land. And to all that Germany was required to pay large sums of money as reparations for damages that the allies had taken during the war.... [tags: World War 2 II Two]
587 words (1.7 pages)
- WORLD WAR TWO The second world was is the ugliest brutally violent emotionally damaging war ever. Through out this term paper I will use various references to inform you about how the United States wanted to stay out of the dangers of war with powerful ruthless countries. How Americans battled through many conflicts and various attacks, and finally builds up to the mighty United States of America becoming a huge world power. The war came about because of the depression. The world powers were struggling, but they still had their natural resources to maintain their way of life.... [tags: World War 2 II Two]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- World War 2 Introduction World War 2 was one of the many wars that occurred during the 20th century. During this brutal war many countries, people, and history were changed. The factors that encourged the Germans and Japanese forces allowed them to take over other countries and kill many of people. Now, years later, from a different point of view, the Germans and Japanese accomplished nothing but just killing innocent people. The greediness behind the Germans and Japanese in the 20th century would change everybodys lives forever.... [tags: World War 2 II Two]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- JOE FOSS PAGE Joe Foss was born in 1915 to a Norwegian-Scots family in South Dakota. He learned hunting and marksmanship at a young age. Joe Foss was inspired by Charles Lindbergh, especially after he saw Lindy at an airport near Sioux Falls. Five years later he watched a Marine squadron put on a dazzling exhibition, led by Capt. Clayton Jerome, future wartime Director of Marine Corps Aviation. In 1934, Joe began his college education in Sioux Falls, but he had to drop out to help his mother run the family farm.... [tags: World War 2 II Two]
1961 words (5.6 pages)
- World War II: Causes, and Affects In the history of the world there are many occurrences that have changed life and the world, as we know it. The history of conflicts in the world is just as long as the histories of man have bee recorded. From the beginning the human species survived off of conflict (between various predators and the environment) and has been nourished by the fruits of war since before the rise of the Roman Empire. World conquest has been the goal of many great generals and a great many Kings.... [tags: World War 2 II Two]
1934 words (5.5 pages)
- The Bomb Was Dropped Today is the day after the mass destruction of Hiroshima. On Monday, August 6th the first atomic bomb to be used in war fare was dropped. The atomic bomb “Little Boy” as they called it was drooped at approximately 8:15am Japanese standard time. The B-29 Bomber “Enola Gay” was the one to have dropped the atomic bomb yesterday which caused mass destruction. When the bomb reached approximately 2,000 feet above the surface it was detonated. Reports say that “Little Boy” caused a massive wind that leveled houses up to 1.5 miles from the center of the explosion.... [tags: World War 2 II Two]
398 words (1.1 pages)
- World War II As totalitarian sates emerged into power, the United States got involved with World War II to help control these groups and to promote democracy in the European theatre of the world. The party with the most power at the time was the Nazi Party, led by Adolf Hitler. This socialist party was led by a powerful dictator who broke away from the League of Nations and began to conquer vast amounts of territory at a fast rate. The United States wanted to leave foreign affairs alone in fear of another world war.... [tags: essays research papers]
609 words (1.7 pages)
- When the First World War started to come to an end, many people hoped that it would be the last war that Europe had to endure. Unfortunately to many people who lived through the first war, the Second World War surpassed the first in death, scope, brutality, and by the number of people it reached. The roots were not only buried in the First World War, but also in the precious years after it. It was also the result of Axis aggression, a failed peace treaty after the First World War, and the failure of the Allies to stop the expansion and influence of Axis powers.... [tags: Adolf Hitler, WWII]
2742 words (7.8 pages)
- World War II (often abbreviated to WWII or WW2), also known as the Second World War, was a global war that lasted from 1939 to 1945, although related conflicts began earlier. It involved the vast majority of the world 's nations—including all of the great powers—eventually forming two opposing military alliances: the Allies and the Axis. It was the most widespread war in history, and directly involved more than 100 million people from over 30 countries. In a state of "total war", the major participants threw their entire economic, industrial, and scientific capabilities behind the war effort, erasing the distinction between civilian and military resources.... [tags: World War II, United States, Empire of Japan]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- Causes of the Second World War War was declared by Britain and France on Germany, September 1939. World War II lasted for six years killing millions; injuring and traumatising many more. Two decades earlier, World War I had taken place also killing, injuring and traumatising millions. How was it that even with the creation of the Treaty of Versailles aiming to limit Germany's power and prevent another war; twenty years later Europe was once again plunged into chaos. Adolf Hitler and the Nazi party with their aggressive policies and actions, in my opinion, are to blame for the war.... [tags: European History WWII WW Two 2 essays]
2214 words (6.3 pages)