My paper will talk about the communication in our department and company wide. The next topic my paper will talk about is culture that exists in our organization for safety in the workplace and home. Then we will move into a process that our company have which address conflict in the workplace. Finally, the technology enhancements that we have changed to improve our process, address customers concerns, and automation of some of our service we offer to our customers, which include our meter reading department.
PECO Energy offers various types of communication in our organization. The types of communication can range from emails to voice mails depending on the type of information communicated to the timeliness of the information. We have company wide monthly meeting in which senior management communicate to the employees, what went well, what are the opportunities that exist and finally and pertinent information that would relate to company goals and objectives in each area. In our department we have setup a communication specialist. The role of the specialist is to be the liaison between the Call Center and the other departments in our organization who wish to communicate information to our employees. The specialist also transforms the information to a more clear, concise tool in which our employees can understand and utilize in the daily assignment or functions. The information for our employees can be communicated in several ways: A banner, which roles across the bottom of their computer screen, next is through a written bulletin which is number for identification, topic and what the purpose of the bulletin. We have several other methods that we utilize either daily or monthly. These methods are our newsletter, team meetings, tailgate meetings, which are held at the beginning of our employees’ shift, and all hands meeting which we discuss diversity, safety and any other topics that are on the agenda. Voice mail is another avenue of communication used company wide to pass along information. The last type of communication would be our intranet site for our employees and our Internet site, (www.exeloncorp.com) for our customers. Both sites contain pertinent information to either assist our employees with information on HR issues, processes and procedures and other types of information and our customers site address our services we...
... middle of paper ...
...eading can now go through a wireless system to obtain daily readings.
In review, the information and processes we have in place to communicate with our employees, we are able to deliver the information in a timely, effective and efficient manner. Our culture for safety not only focuses on safety in the workplace but also focus on safety in the home. This offers reminder that we must not only remain focus in the workplace but we also must remain focus outside the workplace. In order to keep safety as a top priority we offer fire drills, emergency preparedness and the STAR principle for our employees to reinforce safety at all times. PECO Solve is the method in which we use to address our conflict in the workplace. In observing the various times this process has been utilize it seems to work well for the employee and the company in which it give the employee options to remember they company fosters an open door policy to address all issues with no retaliation to the employee. The technology in our company has moved from the manual and dark ages to a modern way of processing information across the board. Work that was previously done manually can now be performed online.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Workplace Observation Corporations are the building blocks for communities, counties and cities. They have their own agendas and can impact these areas in minute and monumental ways. The major factor which predicates this impact is their organizational culture. Organizational culture has been defined as, “the system of shared actions, values, and beliefs that develops within an organization and guides the behavior of its members” (Schermerhorn, Hunt & Osborn, 2005). Employees are key factors which alter how corporate cultures evolve.... [tags: Organizational Culture Corporations Essays]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- Workplace Observation There are some observable aspects of organizational culture such as ethical standards and behavior, organizational diversity, dress and language, conflict management and technology impact on culture. Sotheby’s International Realty The organizational culture at Sotheby’s International Realty (SIR) is described as a high-involvement management type organization centered on high quality service. With high-involvement management described as one that recognizes human capital as its most valuable resource by carefully selecting and training individuals and giving them “significant decision-making power, information, and incentive compensation” (Hitt, Miller, & Colella, 2006,... [tags: Business Management Analysis]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- My paper will talk about the communication in our department and company wide. The next topic my paper will talk about is culture that exists in our organization for safety in the workplace and home. Then we will move into a process that our company have which address conflict in the workplace. Finally, the technology enhancements that we have changed to improve our process, address customers concerns, and automation of some of our service we offer to our customers, which include our meter reading department.... [tags: essays research papers]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- In all the different places I have worked there has always been a dress policy. In the Army we wore BDU’S and I always had to have my hair up. When I started working as a CNA again I had to ware a uniform “Scrubs” and there again they liked are hair to be up. I think in every job setting there should be a dress code for one it will distinguish you from everyone else and it lets the employees respect their job. Language had never been a real big problem to have to censor in the jobs that I have had.... [tags: essays research papers]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- In the workplace there are many different aspects of the organization. Some of the aspects or 'culture' of an organization are organizational diversity, dress and language, how communication flows, and organizational policies. Below I will discuss several aspects of the company I work for and define what the different cultures are. How Communication Flows As we know today there are many ways how to communicate. There is email, verbal, Internet, intranet, etc. However, there is only two ways communications flows.... [tags: Business Management Descriptive Communication]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- The organization I work for is DBS, it is a world leader in the development and manufacture of compact, professional infra-red electronic testing tools. The company was founded in 1940, it has more than 2,000 employees around the world. DBS products are used by technicians and engineers in service, installation, maintenance, manufacturing test and quality functions in a variety of industries throughout the world. I have only worked for DBS for 4 months and I am proud to be part of the organization.... [tags: essays research papers]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- I work at a waterfront restaurant with a fine dining atmosphere. The observable aspects of organizational diversity, communication flow, dress and appearance, conflict management, and organizational policies are different than most organizations. Organizational culture can be defined as the system of shared actions, values, and beliefs that develops within an organization and guides the behavior of its members (Schermerhorn, Hunt, & Osborn, 2003). My current organization uses standards, rules, and policies to ensure the organizational culture they want to achieve is obtained.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- As an employee of one of the largest private universities in the world, it’s extremely important for us to be professional at all times. The University of Phoenix (UOPX) is one of the largest private universities in the world with over 400,000 students currently attending. UOPX strives for excellences in maintaining our commitment to educating our community. UOPX is a unique organization because; we provide opportunities to individuals that are experts in organizational policies, conflict management, and how communication flows.... [tags: Organization Work Place Analysis]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- American society, as any other organized society in the world faces the consequences of Panopticism as a political technology at which the system look for solitude, confinement, rehabilitation, custody, labor and instruction of society “to induce in the people a state of conscious and permanent visibility that assures the automatic functioning of power.”(Foucault 288) The functioning of power fosters the perfection of society through the observation and control of individuals by characterizing and classifying individual´s behaviors.... [tags: behavioral, observation, oppressive, deprived]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- When we learned the prompt of this assignment, I knew exactly what I wanted to research. Even on normal days, I am a very observant person and I have always noticed that people group themselves by looks. A person may not even realize it at first, but the people they choose to socialize with tend to be the same gender, race, body type, and even height as they are. I went in ready to find evidence to support my theory of this social phenomena, but also I looked for proof that discredited my theory.... [tags: Observation, Scientific method, Hypothesis]
735 words (2.1 pages)