Within the past several years gay and lesbian rights has become a huge issue. Gays and lesbians have started to come out of the ''closet," and proudly admitting their sexuality. In the past few years gays and lesbians have been fighting for the right to marry, and adopt children. So far there is only one state that allows gays to become married. People have become more and more open minded with homosexuality. Twenty years ago homosexuality was looked down upon (in general), but now our society thinks that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality. Our nation has started to move away from God, this is why people think that homosexuality is all right. If people are not close to God and do not follow Him, then they are not going to abide by His standards.
There are several places in the Bible where it talks about homosexuality. The Bible has nothing positive to say about men and women sleeping with the same sex. In Leviticus 20:13, it states ''If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.'' This is saying that if a man has sex with another man, then both of the men should be put to death. It would be the men's own fault for their death. This is one of the few sins mentioned in the Bible that suggest death for the sin. Now days people are not put to death for this sin, they are accepted and viewed as ''normal''. People do not really see anything wrong with homosexuality. Our culture needs to study the Bible and come closer to God instead of moving away from Him. If our nation does this then they may see why homosexuality is wrong. Our culture does not view homosexuality as a ...
... middle of paper ...
...ast several years. People are believing that homosexuality is o.k. if it feels good. People need to learn that God hates the act of homosexual relations. God has destroyed cities in the past because of the gays and lesbians. Homosexuality just is not a natural act. You have never seen animals that keep mating partners for life, go and have sex with the same sex. The Bible teaches that gays and lesbians should be punished, in the Old Testament they were killed for their actions. Our nation needs to realize that being gay is not all right, that it is an abomination unto the Lord.
It's a sin this we know cause the Bible tells us so. internet. 1996. 1-7.
It's Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. internet. 1998. 1-2.
Living On The Edge. internet. 1998. 1-2.
The Christian Anti-Homosexual Web Site. internet. 1998. 1-2.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Homosexuality is Abnormal and Immoral Of all topics most popular in today's media, issues concerning homosexuals and homosexuality in general top the list. Homosexuality is generally defined as a sexual relationship between partners of the same sex. Debate concerning its causes and consequences has been going on for many centuries and almost in every period in human history. However, never before in human history has it been granted such wide scale acceptance in western society as it has now.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Topics]
1490 words (4.3 pages)
- Homosexuality and the Media There are many different aspects of life that Americans are exposed to on television each day. Some examples are things such as violence, sex and alcohol and in today's more accepting society, the issue of alternative lifestyles. This issue was not as predominant ten years ago as it is today. Yes, for many years there have been sexual undertones in many popular television shows or movies, but it was not until recently that these actors and actresses were actually said to be living an alternative lifestyle.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Topics]
1565 words (4.5 pages)
- Homosexuality: the Church's Program This essay conveys the Church's traditional, 2,000-year-old teaching on homosexuality, considers other related information, then states what is available for enabling the homosexual man or woman to be inactive and refrain from homosexual acts - which is the Twelve Step Method. Homosexuality refers to relations between men, or between women, who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essay Examples]
1727 words (4.9 pages)
- Disease permeates itself through all walks of life. No one is unaffected by disease and the destruction it brings. Families destroyed, communities torn apart, and societies in despair. AIDS has taken its toll on the present society, and everyone is affected. Much of the literature written on AIDS has tried to capture the disease and give it some form of meaning. Where it comes from, how one contracts it, and the lifestyle of an AIDS victim many times is addressed in various novels and books. Many of the authors that write on AIDS write with homosexual themes. Homosexuality is prevalent in many books about AIDS and the question is why? According to Les Wright many books with... [tags: Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Issues]
2845 words (8.1 pages)
- Gay and Lesbian Marriage Andrew Sullivan and William Bennett argue profusely on the subject that is in almost every American’s mind, whether or not to civically let gays marry. Between Sullivan’s article “Let Gays Marry” and Bennett’s article, “Leave marriage alone, they pretty much sum up both sides of the argument. Andrew Sullivan, the editor of The New Republic and author of Virtually Normal: An argument about Homosexuality, discusses why gays should be allowed to marry. William Bennett, the editor of The Book of Virtues, and co-director of Empower America, responses to Sullivan’s piece.... [tags: Gay Lesbian Marriage Essays]
515 words (1.5 pages)
- “In the mid-1970s, gay and lesbian persons did not have the public visibility they do today...” (Wright, 2013, p. 249). People back in the 1970s cared more about the issues about abortion than they did about sexuality. In this day and age, however people care more about who the gays and lesbians are more than anything. If the gays and lesbians still did not have the public visibility that they do have, then we would never have all the people coming out every single day and we would not be able to pass the gay marriage law that has gotten passed in some states.... [tags: Homosexuality, Sexual orientation, LGBT]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- Founded in 1991, the Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies (CLAGS) provides intellectual leadership towards understanding and addressing the issues that affect Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender individuals and the members of other sexual and gender minorities. As the first university-based LGBTQ research center in the United States, CLAGS nurtures cutting-edge scholarship; organizes colloquia for examining and affirming LGBTQ lives; and fosters network-building among academics, artists, activists, policy makers, and community members.... [tags: Education, homosexuality]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- “However, consider the words of Dr. Albert Mohler... If scientists find a biological cause for homosexuality, he urges Christians to support seeking a prenatal 'cure '” (Armour, 2010, p. 109). This is where religion comes into play with homosexuals being who they are throughout their whole life. There are many strict religions that will not allow homosexuals, so within these religions if parents can somehow make sure that their children will not become a homosexual prenatally than they might just do that.... [tags: Homosexuality, Sexual intercourse, Gay, LGBT]
1256 words (3.6 pages)
- Gay Teenagers Need the Internet The Internet serves as a platform for gay teens to express their feelings and concerns about being gay. Beyond the pornography on the Net there are also valuable and useful resources that gay teens can take advantage of. But why are these teens t using to the Internet for support. Most of the teenagers questionned for this discussion indicated that parents are not supportive of a homosexual way of life. Most people would agree that adolescent years are some of the toughest in a persons' life.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Topics]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- There are basically two types of adoption agencies: Public agencies that are usually supported by public funding and are run by the state and Private agencies that are licensed by the state, but run privately (Reference 99). Regardless of the type of agency, the state has some say in their operations, and if the state has a ban of gay adoptions, then the agencies will have to abide. In 1977, Florida passed a civil rights ordinance making sexual orientation discrimination illegal in Dade County. In response to the ordinance’s creation, a campaign themed “Save Our Children was created and led by the singer of the hit “Paper Roses” and former Miss Oklahoma beauty pageant winner, Anita Bryant.... [tags: Gay and Lesbian Studies]
1226 words (3.5 pages)