Promoting a World Wide Web Site
As we enter the new millenium, more and more businesses are deciding to go along with building what is called sites on the world wide web, better known as a web site. It seems as though these days to many people is that all you have to do is build a web site and you are set to go. Being as upfront as possible there is an extreme downside to this method. Just building the web site will not bring anybody to the web site. To get people to visit a web site certain processes have to be taken to promote the web site. There are numerous ways out there to promote a web site.
One very common and successful way to bring visitors to a web site is to send out direct electronic mail or commonly known as email. This is a very simple process in general. It simply consists of sending out emails at random or premeditated if you have the time. The emails need to contain a short paragraph describing a little about your web site and what it has to offer to those who visit the web site. Remember that with this method it is wise to not be too wordy otherwise this process can develop to be very time consuming and irritating to the sender and the receiver of the email. However it is possible to email well over 10,000 emails in just under an hour. This process can only be done if everything has been thought out thoroughly and ready to go before the process has even begun. Another possible advantage to this method is that the recipient of the email may enjoy the site and forward the same email to people that they know. Emails also cost nothing if there is already access to the World Wide Web through an ISP (Internet Service Provider). This method is the most commonly used and it can and does work (“7 Ways”).
A very similar way but much less direct method is simply to attach a signature to the end of outgoing emails. Most email providers offer this option. It simply means that at the end of outgoing email that is sent out there will be a message of individual choice at the bottom of the email where a signature would normally be on a hand written letter, thus giving it the name signature. What the message says is entirely up to the sender of the email. It is recommended that more than one signature be provided to pertain to different types of people that are emailed. The message should include your web site name, addre...
... middle of paper ...
...rticle, a radio program, a newspaper, etc. Just about anything that is seen or heard by a lot of people (Kent 339).
The web site promoters can also offer what is known as an affiliate program. This allows viewers of the web site a chance to carry a banner from the web site on their web site. In return offer a small commission for each person that visits the web site through the link applied on their web site.
As the days go bye more and more people will have their own web site. Along with more people having a web site comes more ways to promote a web site in due time. It is always a good idea to keep up with the modern ways of promotion.
Kent, Peter. Poor Richard’s Web Site. Lakewood, CO: Top Floor Publishing, 1998.
“7 Ways to Promote Your Website.” Website Promotion. n.d. n.p. 29 March 2000
“Software of the Year 1999.” Website Promotion. n.d. n.p. 29 March 2000
“Free Visibility Software.” PromoteYourWebsite.com. n.d. n.p. 29 March 2000
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Web-Site Development Checkpoints Websites provide organizations with a valuable tool for the presenting a face to the entire world few successful businesses can survive today with having a professional-looking and functional website (Lucas). This case study is to analyze the resolve of Macy’s web site whether or not it achieve the purpose it intend. Web-Site development checkpoints is the process of collecting and linking information about a specific web page. The checkpoint for Macys web site is use to analyze its operation and consumption in order to advance the web overall feature and to detect problematic areas.... [tags: Website, World Wide Web, Web page, Web browser]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- Evaluation of a Health Information Web Site In today’s society it is not uncommon for individuals to do research on his or her health. With modern day technology it is possible for anyone to access various health websites, and therefore conduct research about his or her health. Although this seem beneficial to the individual, it may be harmful if the website is unreliable and provides false information. The website nih.gov is an example of a health information site that is easily accessible to the general public.... [tags: Website Review]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- When conducting this interview I chose to meet my interviewee at a time and location she desired. Meeting at a place the interviewee was comfortable in is why I believe the interview was so successful and why she shared so much with me. According to chapter one of Bickley, it is important to make sure as a clinician I am attentive to the needs of my patient or interviewee and that I make them comfortable. I truly believe attentiveness and increasing her comfort level improved her trust in me and allowed her to fully express herself during then interview.... [tags: Health, Nutrition, Obesity, Medicine]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction This appraisal is going to examine a health promotion topic (do you need to examine one rather than just identify?)and further more evaluate a website that has been used to promote the chosen topic. The topic that has been identified is “Healthy Eating”. This was selected as it as been shown to attribute to an increased risk of Type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, some cancers (especially breast, colon and kidney cancers). Likewise, osteoarthritis, back problems, respiratory and sleep disorders, and even infertility.... [tags: Diseases, Healthy Eating]
2038 words (5.8 pages)
- Marketing B2C Site, Compared to a B2B Site Introduction When a company uses marketing, the company is attempting to promote his or her products or services with the intent of being able to maximize ones profit and gain the confidence of the consumer. Within today’s society marketing having the right product or service can be difficult with being able to implement the marketing process and plan accurately along with being able to remove the potential obstacles. This paper will show and define the meaning of marketing with (B2B), (B2C), and compare how marketing differs between the two websites.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1975 words (5.6 pages)
- At the very beginning of the internet age in the early 1990’s, web analytics was only available to a few, large organizations that could sufficiently invest in its effective implementation. Small businesses were left in the dark in gaining insights about their website. The only viable option was to survey customers through the mail or in-person to evaluate whether they visit the site, when they visit the site, for how long they visit the page, and any recommendations that they had for website improvements.... [tags: Small business, Business, New Jersey]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- Online Advertisement|Web|Mobile Advertisement Advertising delivered over the internet is called “online advertising” has become important reference for web/mobile advertisement business. Survey which was occurred in 2008 says that fifty-six websites out 100 websites presented advertising.” these 56 accounted for 86 percent of the total page views for these 100 sites. Twenty-six of these 56 sites, accounting for 77 percent of all page views for the top 100 sites”, probably earn most of their gross income from selling advertising.... [tags: ICT marketing/publicity]
1447 words (4.1 pages)
- For my paper I chose to study Buffardi and Campbell’s study on narcissim and the correlation the two have one another their study was published in Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, and it was titled “Narcissism and Social Networking Web Sites.,” written by Laura E. Buffardi and W. Keith Campbell. In the study, Buffardi and Campbell introduce research that examines how narcissism is externalized on a social networking Web site like Facebook (1303). Facebook, the social networking website that was used in this study gives people the opportunity to create an online persona through their own personal Web page.... [tags: Narcissism Essays]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- E-Marketing - Promotion and the Communications Process Introduction In this assignment I will be using a case study to demonstrate an effective promotional campaign plan for the launch of a new e-business - selling wine over the internet. The name of the e-business will be 'The Wine Seller', which will help promote brand recall. This will also form the basis of the PR and Advertising campaign. The steps taken will include: * Promotion Plan/Objective * SWOT Analysis * Formulating a marketing and advertising plan * Setting the Marketing Objectives * Identifying the target audiences * Evaluating and implementing the communications mix The promotional campaign budget is £500,000.... [tags: Business and Management Studies Essays]
2050 words (5.9 pages)
- Web How To Start A Web Business One of the most popular Internet myths claim that building an online store is easy: All the customer has to do is point, click, and buy. But in reality, successful e-commerce is far more complex and unlike any other web site project you have tackled in the past. Before that first cyber buck finds it’s way into your bank account, you need to do considerable research and planning. To get started you can begin thinking about all the issues that need to be addressed before you can even put together a successful online business plan.... [tags: Essays Papers]
791 words (2.3 pages)