The novel “The Wedding” by Nicholas Sparks is a sequel to the love story, The Notebook. The characters in this novel are facing pretty much one big problem. The setting in this story is taken place in the year 2003 in a little place called New Bern, where the lives of the Lewis family would change in many ways. Wilson and Jane Lewis; a married couple for many years, are the main characters in this novel. They are facing a very difficult time in their lives.
It seems as if Jane has fallen out of love with Wilson. Wilson is the kind of guy who spends far too much time at work. He knows he should be spending more time at home, but just never could find the time to do so. During the course of their life, they had kids and did everything a normal f...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Notebook The Notebook was a phenomenal film with incredible performances and many heartfelt moments from beginning to end. It is a love story that many of us fantasize of living someday. And although the movie has its good points, this movie also sets a bad example for some people. The Notebook takes place during the 1940s in North Carolina. It is a complicated love story between two teenage lovers named Noah Calhoun, a country boy, and Allie Nelson, a rich girl, who meet each other at a local carnival.... [tags: Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook, The Notebook]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- ... "Sparks throws in a substantial zinger at the end. It's major manipulative and totally effective. Have plenty of tissues on hand." — Publishers Weekly. As moving as his bestselling works of fiction, Nicholas Sparks later finished the novel Three Weeks with My Brother, based on a journey of two brothers bound by memories, both humorous and tragic. In January 2003, Nicholas Sparks and his brother Micah set off on a three-week trip around the world. It was to mark a milestone in their lives, for at 37 and 38 respectively, they were now the only surviving members of their family.... [tags: American romantic novel authors]
1971 words (5.6 pages)
- Life can change in the blink of an eye. Nicholas Sparks tells the life of a young couple with many struggles in his book, At First Sight, which was published in 2005 by Grand Central Publishing. This is a fictional love story that can be read by any young adult. This novel can be compared to The Wedding, which is another Nicholas Sparks book. These two books are similar because each book is character-driven and has a twisted end. At First Sight is a successful book because it strongly describes the setting, goes in depth with the events, and keeps the readers guessing.... [tags: novels,love story, nicholas sparks]
1044 words (3 pages)
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks Just after Graduation 1932, the opening night of the Neuse River Festival in Newbern, North Carolina, Noah met his friends Fin and Sarah for a night of games, food and fun. When he got there Fin and Sarah were talking to a girl that Noah thought was the most beautiful and intriguing girl he'd ever laid eyes on, her name was Allie. They hung out at the festival and drank some cherry Cokes until it closed, the entire time they were there Noah kept trying to ask out Allie on a date but she kept turning him down.... [tags: Notebook Novel Film Movie]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- “I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul and to me, this has always been enough.” That is a quote from The Notebook, a famous book written by Nicholas Sparks in 1996. This quotation inspires people to have faith that love is the only thing in the world that they need. They need not have prosperity or fame.... [tags: biography, the notebook]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- Ever wonder what it would be like if the person you love unconditionally lost all of their memories. The film “The Notebook” originally written by author Nicholas Sparks, starts with characters Noah and Allie married to each other after many years together. Allie is in the hospital suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Noah reads to her daily from his notebook. The notebook is a diary of their life together. As Noah reads to Allie their life flashes back to when they first met, as teenagers, where Allie spent her summers and follows them as couple through the ups and downs of their world win of a relationship.... [tags: Film analysis, nicholas sparks]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- The movie that is going to be judged throughout this paper is called The Choice. It is based off of the book by Nicholas Sparks and was released on February 5th of 2016. It is about a man and a woman that falls madly in love with each other and a bad car wreck leaves the woman on life support. She does make it through and they continue through with life. The criteria that I will be using to judge this video will be aesthetic. For you to enjoy the movie you have to feel the emotions and understand each character when something happens.... [tags: Marriage, Wife, Emotion, Nicholas Sparks]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- Nicholas Sparks is considered to be one of the greatest American authors of today. He provides love, romance, passion, drama, tragedy, comedy, triumph, and mystery in all of his novels. His stories are heartwarming and inspiring. Nicholas Sparks does not have a specific writing style. His writing style is flexible and liberal, and can be described as romantic, imaginative and engaging, and varies depending on the theme of the novel. The theme of the novel is the main thing that affects his writing style.... [tags: Love, Fiction, Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- A Legacy of Love Nicholas Sparks once said, “Every great love starts with a great story...” (Goodreads 1). As an author of love stories, Nicholas Sparks has written many novels that would later become beautiful adaptations of his words. In fact, eleven of the romance novels written by Sparks have been turned into movies. These films include The Lucky One, Message in a Bottle, Nights in Rodanthe, and The Last Song. Even with the numerous movies released, one remains prominent and is ranked number one by many fans.... [tags: Love, Nicholas Sparks, Alzheimer's disease]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- Nicholas Sparks receives acknowledgment for his fantastic job of pouring emotions onto paper for millions to read, and his life has been full of roller coasters on his journey to the top. Sparks studied at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana on a full track and field scholarship, but tore his Achilles tendon during his first year; therefore, his track and field career ended. He currently resides in North Carolina with his wife and five children. As a successful novelist, he makes a fair amount of money.... [tags: biography, nicolas sparks]
1448 words (4.1 pages)