This book is a great book and it touches ones heart in ways you couldn't imagine. I seriously love this book because I love romantic stories and it's just so cute. The movie is good but the book is better.
Well 'The Notebook' is about a journey of two young lovers Noah Calhoun and Allie Nelson who made a passionate summer romance and they were separated because Allie moved to the city. After fourteen years of separation due to World War 2 and class differences. Allie got engaged to a wealthy lawyer, Lon. One day Allie was looking through the newspaper and she spots Noah standing next to the plantation he restored. All of a sudden all these feelings started coming back from when she last saw him.
So she decides to go back to New Burn to visit Noah. When she arrives in New Burn she checks in at a hotel and drives straight to the plantation and as she approached the house she saw Noah. Noah saw the car approach so he walked towards the car and once she steps out of the car he was shocked to see the ghost that had come to dominate his life. They spent a couple of days together making up for lost time and a hundred miles away from New Burn Allie?s fiancé, Lon, was getting worried because every time he called her she was never there so he decided to go to New Burn. That day Noah had a surprise for Allie he took her on a kayak ride down the creek to this special place he found that morning.
When he was about to arri...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “How far should a person go in the name of love” (Sparks 255). This one question was the base for Nicholas Spark’s book, The Choice, published by Grand Central Publishing in 2007. This fictional novel was written for young adults. It is part of the countless books Nicholas Sparks has written such as The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, and Safe Haven. The Choice is a structured novel, keeping the reader on their toes with its intricate descriptions of the characters and setting. A small-town, adventure seeking man in Beaufort, North Carolina would describe Travis Parker precisely.... [tags: romantic book, literary analysis]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- Dear John and The Notebook have very similar and different aspects. They both have similar way the two main characters met. In both stories they have similar ways that one of the main characters has to leave. Another thing they have in common is how someone in both stories have to move on from the person they love. The two stories have differences too however. In both stories one of the characters goes back and tries to find the other one, but what happens when they do is completely different.... [tags: Compare and Contrast, Literary Analysis]
1236 words (3.5 pages)
- Nicholas Sparks is considered to be one of the greatest American authors of today. He provides love, romance, passion, drama, tragedy, comedy, triumph, and mystery in all of his novels. His stories are heartwarming and inspiring. Nicholas Sparks does not have a specific writing style. His writing style is flexible and liberal, and can be described as romantic, imaginative and engaging, and varies depending on the theme of the novel. The theme of the novel is the main thing that affects his writing style.... [tags: Love, Fiction, Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- The Notebook The Notebook was a phenomenal film with incredible performances and many heartfelt moments from beginning to end. It is a love story that many of us fantasize of living someday. And although the movie has its good points, this movie also sets a bad example for some people. The Notebook takes place during the 1940s in North Carolina. It is a complicated love story between two teenage lovers named Noah Calhoun, a country boy, and Allie Nelson, a rich girl, who meet each other at a local carnival.... [tags: Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook, The Notebook]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- A Legacy of Love Nicholas Sparks once said, “Every great love starts with a great story...” (Goodreads 1). As an author of love stories, Nicholas Sparks has written many novels that would later become beautiful adaptations of his words. In fact, eleven of the romance novels written by Sparks have been turned into movies. These films include The Lucky One, Message in a Bottle, Nights in Rodanthe, and The Last Song. Even with the numerous movies released, one remains prominent and is ranked number one by many fans.... [tags: Love, Nicholas Sparks, Alzheimer's disease]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- “The Wedding” by Nicholas Sparks The novel “The Wedding” by Nicholas Sparks is a sequel to the love story, The Notebook. The characters in this novel are facing pretty much one big problem. The setting in this story is taken place in the year 2003 in a little place called New Bern, where the lives of the Lewis family would change in many ways. Wilson and Jane Lewis; a married couple for many years, are the main characters in this novel. They are facing a very difficult time in their lives. It seems as if Jane has fallen out of love with Wilson.... [tags: The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks]
455 words (1.3 pages)
- Nicholas sparks is one of World’s best authors. He is the most adored and admired storyteller in writing love stories. He was born on December 31, 1965, in Omaha, Nebraska. His older brother was named Michael Earl Sparks and his little sister named Danielle Sparks. His younger sister died in 2000 due to a brain tumor. He is the second son of Patrick Michael Sparks, which was a professor, and Jill Emma Marie Thoene, which was a homemaker. His childhood was full of new experiences because his family travels a lot.... [tags: Love, Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook]
1438 words (4.1 pages)
- Nicholas Sparks receives acknowledgment for his fantastic job of pouring emotions onto paper for millions to read, and his life has been full of roller coasters on his journey to the top. Sparks studied at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana on a full track and field scholarship, but tore his Achilles tendon during his first year; therefore, his track and field career ended. He currently resides in North Carolina with his wife and five children. As a successful novelist, he makes a fair amount of money.... [tags: biography, nicolas sparks]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- PLOT SYNOPOSIS: The Notebook is a modern day love story that was written by Nicholas Sparks. The story begins with you thinking it is going to be about a man living in a nursing home that reads to other patients. The man’s journal readings flashback to the 1930’s and 1940’s. I felt the storyline was the typical rich girl’s parents do not approve of her dating a boy from lower class in the Pre-World War II era. The story flashes back to a couples younger years and moves forward to the nursing home in 1995.... [tags: Love, Marriage, Mother, Nicholas Sparks]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- Nicholas Sparks' The Guardian In this book, Julie Barenson is a young widow, whose husband Jim died earlier from cancer. Her husband left her two unexpected gifts. The first was a Great Dane puppy name Singer (this gift was delivered the first Christmas after his passing) and the other gift was his promise that he would always be watching over her. About four years after his passing, Julie is twenty-nine years old and is too young to have given up on love just yet. She may be ready to risk caring for someone again but she just can't figure out who that person is yet.... [tags: Sparks Guardian Book Review]
1475 words (4.2 pages)