• By focusing on its heritage and the strength it brings into the products, their quality, and uniqueness, Salvador's will increase its sales to more than $2 million by the turn of the century, while improving the gross margin on sales cash management and working capital.
• This business plan leads the way. It renews our vision and strategic focus on the quality and value we put in our products and the market segment originally targeted. Our vision has been broadened by the success we have found in the marketplace, to the extent of adding new products and current plans on additional items and services. It has given us a step-by-step plan to meet and exceed our goals for increased sales, gross margin, and profitability.
• This plan includes this summary, and chapters on the company, products and services, market focus, action plans and forecasts, management team, and financial plan.
1. Increase sales to more than $1 million over the next three years.
2. Move gross margin to above 55% over the current product line and maintain that level.
3. Add products and services to meet market demand, again at 55% margin or above.
4. Sell $2 million of salsa and related Hispanic food items and service by 2000.
5. Improve inventory turnover, reduce the cost of goods sold while maintaining the high quality of the products.
6. To provide jobs to the Hispanic community that are rewarding and fulfilling.
Salvador's was built on offering the highest quality and value in its authentic hot salsa, filled with the history of the Hispanic community. Time honored family recipes have been passed down through the generations, rich with ethnic heritage. Knowledgeable consumers were looking for authentic products, filled with the best ingredients. The consumer was crying out for a change! They wanted real down home Hispanic salsa.
Salvador's answered this call, first with its hot salsa, then adding mild and extra hot salsa, followed by yellow and blue corn chips. Constantly striving to supply what the consumer is asking for, we continually review what is available in the marketplace, and what isn't. Improving on what is available and providing new products and services to the areas of need will assure our success in a market driven by consumer demand.
1.3 Keys to Success
1. Delivering high quality products that set ...
... middle of paper ...
...itional Ratios 1996 1997 1998 RMA
Assets to Sales 0.22 0.30 0.34 0
Debt/Assets 35% -12% -24% 0
Current Debt/Total Assets 55% 25% 14% 0
Acid Test 0.58 2.46 5.43 0
Asset Turnover 4.59 3.29 2.91 0
Sales/Net Worth 7.08 2.95 2.34 0
Dividend Payout $1 0.00 0.00 0
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Having a business plan is so important to you as an online marketer. But most people, who start online businesses, especially small businesses, do not really take the initiative to make a business plan. Probably they think that it 's not necessary. But for sure there is little you can achieve in life without proper planning. More so in the contemporary times when survival depends largely on one 's ability to organize your physical and mental resources well. The future is actually for those who are organized.... [tags: Management, Small business, Plan, Business]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- The Strategic Plan of Able Limited a subsidiary company of Walden International details goals for the next ten years. The plan also encompasses the strategies to achieve our initiative of breaking and leading in the global market and measures by which we will evaluate our progress. This plan is created in consideration of all our stakeholders. The plan will be updated yearly which will enable us to give account of our achievements, need for modification on new mission requirements and how to improve on our performance measurement ways.... [tags: Business Plan]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- Based on our business level strategy, the category we plan to be in will be a luxury, five-star hotel targeted towards international businesspeople. The name of the hotel will be ‘Namaste International Hotel.’ Namaste is a common greeting that originates from India and is used to acknowledge the divine spirit or soul of an individual (Geno). The greeting can be used by individuals of all ages. In Sanskrit, the term translates to “I bow to you” (Geno). Namaste has a spiritual connotation used to recognize that we are all one.... [tags: Business Plan]
2317 words (6.6 pages)
- Sattar Buksh Sattar Buksh (Sat-tar Bux-sch) is a Pakistani restaurant/café and merchandize seller based on indigenous Pakistani art and “the common, wise man on the street who has a strong entitled opinion on every subject” named Sattar Buksh. 1. Did you have a business plan when you started your business. Initially we only joked about starting such a business, but then we realized that our idea was actually viable and so we started planning out our business starting from the personality sketch of our fictional brand ambassador “Sattar Buksh”.... [tags: Management, Entrepreneurship, Business plan]
1783 words (5.1 pages)
- The name of my business will be International Discount Auto Parts; my main objective will be to provide national and international customers with quality auto parts at a discounted price from that of our competitors. I have chosen to open my business as a sole proprietorship because this is the most simplest type of business to set up and because this will give me control over the business. Accounting plays a very important role in any business; therefore, I will be sure to hire an accounting staff that has experience with record keeping, internal controls, and cash management.... [tags: Business Plan]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- Table of Contents Executive summary 2 The company 2 Company description 2 Vision statement 3 Mission statement 3 Objective 3 Company background 4 Product/ service and industry 4 Product/ service description 4 Industry description 5 The market 5 Market and target customer 5 Competition and competitive advantage 6 Marketing strategy 6 Overall strategy 7 Sales plan 7 Competitive plan 7 Research and development or growth plan 8 The organization 8 Legal and organizational structures 8 Key personnel 8 Related service providers 8 Location 9 The financials 9 Critical risks 9 Income statement 9 Cash flow projection 10 Balance sheet 10 Start- up costs 10 Assumptions 11 Schedule 11 Conclusion 11 Refere... [tags: Business Plan for Cosmetics Company]
3000 words (8.6 pages)
- The “Market Segmentation” for the “Italian Sausage” Business: The market segmentation for the Italian Sausage Business is primarily a demographic segmentation based on the gender (women), work status(working and less time to cook pleasing meals) and number of kids (kids love Italian sausages) in the household. This can be thought as segmentation based on observable characteristics of customers. The “Target Markets” for the “Italian Sausage” Business: Based on the research conducted by Saxonville, the target gr... [tags: Market Analysis Business Management]
1256 words (3.6 pages)
- Economics Plan for a Business ROUND 1 I decided to produce seven (7) units based on the initial guidance of requiring less than 20 units being produced. The guidance also stated that in past production cycles I produced between 1-10 units. The next factor was the Market Research and the composition of a total of six companies that manufacture the same product. This led me to determine that the market demand forecast would be between $50K and $100K per unit considering all six companies. Upon selecting the total number of units seven and the other companies populated with lesser units I determined that I would receive the larger market share overall.... [tags: Business Economics Plan]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- Budget The budget is projected over three quarters as indicated below. Additional monetary resources will budgeted in accordance with long-term phased implementation plan. Quarter Projected Budget Projected Profit/Loss Projected Website Rank 1 $90,000 ($22,000) 39 2 $50,000 $210,000 22 3 $65,000 $407,000 13 Resources Primus Securities will hire technology professionals. The technology team will initially include a system administrator, webmaster, and a maintenance programmer, and it should be expanded as necessary in the future.... [tags: Business Plan Development]
1757 words (5 pages)
- Business Plan: Surf and Skate Shop I. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY If I were to start my own business, my dream would be to build a surf and skate shop on the Southern California coast. My business would be located on beachfront property in the surrounding area. This business plan will cover two main subjects, 1: an Analysis of the Business Situation, and 2: the Planned Operation of the proposed business. The first topic will cover the subtopics Trading Area Analysis and Competition in the area for my business.... [tags: Business Plan Entrepreneurship]
891 words (2.5 pages)