Many of the study skills that I learned have become integral in my study habits. I began to highlight my book for key works and phrases which help me organize the main points the book is articulating. I do not procrastinate as much as I did because I understand about doing my work when it is assigned will help give me free time. I go out to parties and social events only when I have completed all my assignments. Another organizational skill I use is typing up notes. This method helps reinforce the material from lecture and I am able to comprehend the material as I type it up.
A valuable tip that I learned is to split up work so that it is not over consuming. I use this skill in all my areas such as reading a section of text every night. It helps in many aspects of studying. I make use of the my time and work diligently at my work. I make sure I am able to have a peaceful working environment where I can concentrate without outside distractions. I found the ideal place for this is the library. For English, I learned about the writing center which helps students...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Using various Web 2.0 tools such as Blackboard, Twitter, blogs and online media, students in the Bachelor of Internet communications Unit Web101 discussed a variety of topics over the course of thirteen weeks. These topics ranged from the advent of the Internet to the current shift towards the connective experiences of Web 2.0. This reflection will cover a selection of some of the better known Web 2.0 platforms and tools covered in the unit, the way in which these enhance collaboration and communication, and some of the ways in which this might have the potential to impact upon the everyday user.... [tags: Reflection]
1592 words (4.5 pages)
- COUNSELING REFLECTION 2 Counseling ReflectionBefore this experience, the longest counseling session I had taped was only 10 minuteslong. Therefore, after discovering that we would be taping a 30 minute session, I becameextremely anxious. A torrent of worries swept t hrough my mind, “What if I say something wrong. What if the client says nothing. What if the tape doesn’t work. And what can we talk about for 30 minutes?” But, as those worries sprang to life, I remembered some wise advice thathelped alleviate my anxiety.Within the assigned readings for my techniques class, I have learned that in order tosucceed you have to fail.... [tags: Mind, Emotion, Reflection, Counseling]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- A study conducted by academics found that undergraduate nurses feel reflection is the key to changing and improving their practice. (Bulman, Lathlean, & Gobbi, 2011). Reflection assists nurses to enhance their nursing abilities by encouraging them to reflect on negative experiences, in order to overcome similar experiences in the future. This essay will aim to demonstrate the importance of reflection within nursing, additionally providing me with a platform to reflect on my decision to become a nurse.... [tags: Nursing, Nurse, Reflection, Health care]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Chapter 7 Discussion 7.1 Introduction The chapter of discussion was composed of five parts: introduction, reflection on the project, reflection on implications of the project, reflection of the MA experience, and summary. 7.2 Reflection on the project This was a long-term design project, and everything was fresh to me. Patience was the crucial and essential factor that was needed in such a long project in my view. Fortunately, I learned and gained the patience. Besides, communication was another extremely significant factor.... [tags: Reflection]
2091 words (6 pages)
- The aim of this essay is to discuss on how the reflection on mentorship will be undertaken, how and why the model of reflection will be used and the importance of confidentiality. I will reflect the mentorship by ensuring that the mentee during clinical practice is put at ease throughout the learning experience of four weeks (Quinn, and Hughes 2007, p. 29). Also, I will use the principle of Kolb’s learning cycle as my model of reflection because reflecting is an essential element of learning. As I am the mentor, I will follow this cycle in a clockwise direction with Jude, so she would have to reflect on the skills learnt by reviewing the whole situation (Kolb’s learning cycle 1984 in Rose an... [tags: Reflection Paper]
2694 words (7.7 pages)
- The story of, “The World Champions Tragedy,” is a story of ordinary people. Everyday terrible tragedies happen that we hear about in the news. Most people will obviously feel sympathy for these things, but isn’t it true that, the majority of us will say, “That will never happen to me.” Maybe, most of us won’t verbally say something like that, but maybe we subconsciously feel or think like that. This story is an ordinary one of ordinary people. Unfortunately, in our society, people become victims and offenders do to certain circumstances and situations.... [tags: Reflection Paper]
2394 words (6.8 pages)
- “As a student, I write for multiple purposes. Purpose is the key for how my thoughts are dictated on this blank white sheet.” After writing this in my in-class journal discussing my transition from five-paragraph writing to actual formation of thoughts without a specific format, I realized that this process was a larger undertaking than I originally thought. Through endless amounts of essay writing the personal academic improvements that have taken place this quarter are indescribable in comparison to any other academic feat made in my brief but fulfilling college career.... [tags: Reflection Essay]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- Intern Reflection Paper The internship that I acquired during the summer of 2010 at the Greenwood Sports and Industrial Rehabilitation Center (GSIRC), allowed me to gain an immeasurable amount of experience during my tenure at this facility. Within this period, the exposure to new concepts within the physical therapy industry allowed me to observe and work hands on with patients of all ages and disabilities that exposed me to various treatment plans and programs to restore client’s mobility. The essential Physical Education and Exercise Science (PEES) courses taken at Lander University were beneficial to my academic knowledgebase, which prepared me and developed me for the opportunity within... [tags: Reflection Paper]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Reflection on Life What makes up a good family. Does your family communicate well. These are the questions that many people in America ask. They battle with these questions everyday when they think about the way their family acts. I have also battle with these questions especially when it comes to my family. My family is one of uniqueness, which causes lots of conflicts. I battle an individualistic sister, a communitarian mother, and a civic republican brother. With all these different personalities in the house it is no wonder it seems like our house is a lifestyle enclave.... [tags: Reflection Essay]
609 words (1.7 pages)
- Reflection on Self as a Cultural Being I would say I am around this area, I am learning Greek currently, and in High school I took four years of Japanese. Our language influences us greatly; here in the Midwest most of us here take for granted that English is the primarily spoken language. Other parts of the U.S. are not like that. Such as in Texas there are whole communities that speak Spanish. In those places I know that I would totally lost, not even know how to ask anything basic. I feel that because English is so vastly commonplace in this area of the country that makes many people lazy and not even attempt to learn any other languages.... [tags: Reflection Essay]
1557 words (4.4 pages)