Have you ever considered having plastic surgery? After reading this paper you might want the surgery or you might not. Plastic surgery, a form of art, can reconstruct your body and renew your confidence but can you accept the risks involved?
Plastic surgery ranges from one- thousand dollars to three- thousand dollars or more depending on the surgery (Body fat reduction: Suction-Assisted Lipectomy). There are plenty types of plastic surgery. One type is called liposuction. The best candidates for liposuction are of relatively normal weight with pockets of excess fat in particular areas. They should be physically healthy, psychologically stable, and realistic in your expectations. An important thing is to have firm and elastic skin. “Loose, drooping skin won’t reshape to your body’s new contours, and may require an additional procedure to surgically remove the excess skin. It will leave visible scars'; (Liposuction).
Before you decide to go through liposuction try diets and weight loss programs. If you can’t loose a certain buldge then liposuction is a good alternative (Thigh Liposculpture). Liposuction is started by making a small incision, (about half an inch or less), in the skin, often in or near the buttock crease or a previous scar. The small suction rod, called a cannula, is inserted and connected to a vacuum source with a suction tube. The vacuum sucks the fat out and leaves everything else intact (Thigh Liposculpture). Usually the surgery takes about an hour or two, but the time required may vary considerably from thirty minutes to several hours, depending on the amount of work your having done. “If your procedure is not too extensive – that is, if no more than one and a half pints of fat and fluid will be removed – liposuction can be performed under local anesthesia, which numbs the area, combined with a sedative to make you drowsy'; (Liposuction).
A benefit of having liposuction done is that fat is removed and gone forever. It can offer a new shape for people who thought it was impossible. “Liposuction will not, however, prevent you from gaining weight in the future, and will not keep you fit and in shape. In order to assume good skin contour, you must be conscientious about wearing the support garments recommended be your doctor'; (Thigh Liposculpture).
Does the fat come back? “Fat cells are not though to regenerate, and ...
... middle of paper ...
...ressed because she saw other women with breast and cleavage she used to have. So she decided to go through reconstruction. The danger of silicon gel was circulating widely so she went to a doctor that reconstructs breast from a women’s own body fat (Nemeth, Mary).
Reconstruction by using the woman’s own body fat is dangerous. First, the surgeon opens your abdomen and cuts through your muscles. They have to redirect your arteries and take the fat out. Then, the surgeon reconstructs their breast with the fat. As Carolyn Haltrecht said, “It took me the whole summer to admit to myself that I’m not very happy with the way I look and there’s nothing wrong with plastic surgery'; (Nemeth, Mary). According to Marcia Angell, “Polls indicated that the great majority of women with breast implants were pleased with the results'; (Angell, Marcia).
In conclusion, There are many risks involved in plastic surgery. Although you look like you have always wanted to after plastic surgery, is it worth all the possible effects that could take place? Think hard before you make changes on your body.
“In short, you cannot meet the future if you look like the past'; (Neimark, Jill).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The invention of Plastic Surgery was very significant to today’s society. Plastic surgery has slowly been more and more common over the years for using them as personal cosmetic reasons. Plastic surgery has changed the world for the better but has its disadvantages. It has a very big history From the time of Sushruta Samhita the “first plastic Surgeon” dated back to 600BC. This essay will examine and describe the key information you need to know about the invention of plastic surgery. Plastic surgery is, “The process of reconstructing or repairing parts of the body by removal or transfer of tissue, either in the treatment of injury or for cosmetic reasons”.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Rhinoplasty]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- In the world we live in, society somehow always admired beauty. Today women insecurities are focused mainly on impossible high standards of beauty, which causes self-esteem and confidence problems. We see beautiful people everywhere in public, television, and magazines. The flawless appearance of people drive humans insane. The beauty standards manipulates people self-esteem causing them to oversee the natural beauty of themselves. According to some people, Sandra expresses “Nicole Casto was unhappy with the way she looked and determined to do something about it” (2004).... [tags: Surgery, Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Plastic surgery is identified as the process of restructuring or fixing parts of the body by the transferal of tissue. Largely, surgeons utilize plastic surgery for the treatment of damage or for cosmetic purposes. As far as history has shown us, the first plastic surgery was found to be implemented in India during the period of the Indus Valley Civilization. India also started practicing reconstructive surgery techniques by around the era of 800 BC. The Romans were also known to perform plastic surgery.... [tags: Surgery, Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- In today society, beauty in a woman seems to be the measured of her size, or the structure of her nose and lips. Plastic surgery has become a popular procedure for people, mostly for women, to fit in social class, race, or beauty. Most women are insecure about their body or face, wondering if they are perfect enough for the society to call the beautiful; this is when cosmetic surgery comes in. To fix what “needed” to be fixed. To begin with, there is no point in cutting your face or your body to add or remove something most people call ugly.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Between celebrities, other socialites, and everyday people cosmetic surgery has become increasingly popular over the years. Everyday people have used cosmetic surgery to alter their appearance, whether it is to look like someone else or to look prettier and skinnier without a goal of being a look alike millions of people get these surgeries every year. Everyday people and celebrities alike as they age are getting cosmetic surgery to look as if they have not aged at all and to appear younger then they looked before.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Breast implant]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Plastic Surgery: The Risk of Perfection In today’s society has paint a picture in which beauty is curvaceous goddess with fare complex and sex appeal. This portrayal of the standard of beauty has convinced and blind society to believe that on must achieve such look to be happy or feel good about them. These standards of beauty are projected through the media, magazines, advertisements and the ideal beautiful portray. Many people feel that the only way to achieve such looks is through the process of plastic surgery, women especially.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- Plastic surgery good and bad There are so many good and bad things that can come from getting plastic surgery. This essay will tell you all the effects, good and bad, that come from getting plastic surgery. The main reasons that people get plastic surgery are Medical, Personal, and at times for career enhancement. Though we all should be satisfied with our looks we aren’t so one way of going about fixing it is by plastic surgery. Some people choose this method sometimes as a way of medical recommendation.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast implant]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- Plastic Surgery has been a debatable topic for years and probably will always be one because everyone as their own opinions about this specific topic. The topic of Plastic Surgery and whether it’s a necessity to people who don’t really need it is really important. If you have plastic surgery, you will not end up having any foreign substances in your body (with the exception of augmentation). Accidents can leave people scarred or deformed on the body and sometimes both reconstructive and cosmetic surgery is necessary.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1770 words (5.1 pages)
- Plastic surgery is a corrective specialty that is used for personal or medical purposes. Many people think about plastic surgery is just used for making your nose smaller or breasts bigger, when actually it is used for much more. For example, plastic surgery can also help someone who has gotten burned, by placing skin from another part of the body to the burn. Plastic surgery is primarily used for fixing themselves because they feel self-conscious or feel uncomfortable in their own skin.... [tags: social issues, plastic surgery]
1625 words (4.6 pages)
- Have you ever considered having plastic surgery. After reading this paper you might want the surgery or you might not. Plastic surgery, a form of art, can reconstruct your body and renew your confidence but can you accept the risks involved. Plastic surgery ranges from one- thousand dollars to three- thousand dollars or more depending on the surgery (Body fat reduction: Suction-Assisted Lipectomy). There are plenty types of plastic surgery. One type is called liposuction. The best candidates for liposuction are of relatively normal weight with pockets of excess fat in particular areas.... [tags: Plastic Surgery Cosmetic Surgery]
1093 words (3.1 pages)