General Purpose: To persuade individuals to enroll in a certification program of their choice.
Thesis: This speech will cover the many educational alternatives of certification programs in higher education, as well as their advantages. This will include a detailed description of certification courses in Computer, Nursing, and Trucking.
Are you one of millions of people who would like to earn great money in a respectable field of profession, but refuse to sit through 4 full years of a Bachelor’s program? Such an achievement is within reach for many and they are completely legal! Today in America, hundreds upon thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds are signing up for Certification programs as a quick, easy, and more affordable alternative to an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree. Today I will just touch on a few of these Certification programs as examples of the many different pathways you can take towards your education, including Computer, Nursing and Truck Driving. Who knows, by the end of this speech, perhaps you will be ready to leave this classroom, permanently!
I. For those who are superb with computers, yet find themselves bored with the interminable pen-and-paper lectures often despised in state and private universities, maybe a Computer Certification program would be a better alternative to higher education.
A. Several advantages lie in ob...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Topic: Certification Programs General Purpose: To persuade individuals to enroll in a certification program of their choice. Thesis: This speech will cover the many educational alternatives of certification programs in higher education, as well as their advantages. This will include a detailed description of certification courses in Computer, Nursing, and Trucking. Introduction Are you one of millions of people who would like to earn great money in a respectable field of profession, but refuse to sit through 4 full years of a Bachelor’s program.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience to donate blood Introduction: I. Imagine your father has just suffered a heart attack and must undergo open-heart surgery in order to repair the damage. II. Imagine your little nephew or niece baby was born with a heart defect and required daily transfusions of blood in order to have a chance at survival. III. Imagine your best friend has just been diagnosed with leukemia, a disease requiring regular transfusions of platelets. IV. Not very nice images are they, but these things happen and unfortunately some of you may even have experienced them already.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- No doubt you've probably heard the term 'innocent until proven guilty' once or twice in your life. Although this concept isn't directly stated in the constitution, it is absolutely indispensable to our justice system; but with the rise of communication through technology in recent years, it is not always a right that's guaranteed. Every American in the United States is entitled to a fair trial, but with the ever increasing prevalence of social media in every day life are our trials really fair.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
593 words (1.7 pages)
- ... But, remittance dependent country Nepal has wide prospects of development in technology and tourism sectors. I have still more to un-wrap about Nepal's never before known facts. Country of Living Goddess Kumari The Kumari means "virgin". It is the tradition of worshiping young pre-pubescent girl, as manifestations of the divine female energy or Devi in Hindu religious traditions.The girl's selection process is rigorous. She is worshipped by Hindus as well as the Buddhists. Kumari lives in the Kumari Ghar, the temple like house.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
634 words (1.8 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that I should be the next school prefect I would like to take this opportunity to run for school prefect. I believe true leadership is a quality many aspire to have, and only a few truly obtain, because in order to become a leader you must first learn to follow. I believe over the past four years this school has given me the knowledge, education and understanding to fulfil the qualities to become a prefect.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
416 words (1.2 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that that solar power should become the main form of alternative energy in the Unites States. Introduction: Attention Getter: Let’s look ahead fifty years and see what the world is like. Imagine a world that is in total war with no end in sight. The cause behind this war is simple, oil. Everyone is fighting over those last few reserves of oil. How can this future be prevented. The answer is solar power. Claim: Solar power has the potential to become the United States main supply of energy and replace are needs for more conventional and harmful forms of power generation.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- ... Visual aid: Two powerpoint slides of graphs illustrating percentages of causes of college related stress. Some mental stress symptoms can hurt students’ academic success, One symptom is forgetfulness and this can make studying inefficient. (Florida, 2011) Another symptom is difficulty concentrating which can make it hard to pay attention in lectures. (Florida, 2011) The emotional symptoms of stress also hinder students’ success. Many students suffer from depression, anger, or fear. (Florida, 2011) Stressed students feel anxious and overwhelmed.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- Henry Ford has released his invention to the public. It is a horseless carriage that he calls the automobile. He has told us that this contraption will eventually be made available to the entire world. This is going to have a radical change on our society, as we know it. Each and every person out there should have an automobile. Every person’s daily chore time would be cut in half. Daily trips to town would be made in only a few short hours. Supplies from the cities would come twice as fast to the smaller towns.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
1223 words (3.5 pages)
- Introduction: I. Ferrets are amusing creatures that can make good pets. II. Many people would be interested in a low maintenance pet that is softer than a turtle and more affectionate than a goldfish. III. I currently have three ferrets. I got my first one about five years ago. I found my second and third ferrets a couple of years later at the Oregon Ferret Shelter, where I ended up adopting them for a modest price. I have also volunteered at the shelter now and then and have learned a lot about them.... [tags: Persuasive Speech, Argumentative Speech]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience to help fight homelessness Central Idea: With more help for the homeless we can make America better for everyone Attention I. Imagine for a moment that you're not in this classroom. A. Instead your outside, but you not walking to class or your dorm, your living there. B. Imagine for a moment that you yourself are homeless. 1. You have no shelter 2. When it rains your wet 3.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech ]
981 words (2.8 pages)