The first point I want to make in this speech is that peer pressure is NOT a bad thing. We all are influenced by our peers, both negatively and positively. It helps define who we are and how we feel about subjects in our lives. It is how we chose to react to peer pressure that defines who we are as an individual. Are we a leader or a follower? Both types of people are needed to make the world go round.
Basically, the difference between negative and positive peer pressure is the outcome. The reverse of the situation above is negative peer pressure. The situation itself is positive peer pressure. Or is it? What if a teen really doesn't like sports, but pushes himself to do it to please his friends or to be accepted? Therefore, he probably doesn't do to well at it, and gets only jabs at hi...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Go on." "Everybody's doing it." "It's only one drink." "You're such a loser." I didn't know what to do. All these voices were repeating themselves over and over in my head. I didn't want to give into them because I knew what I was doing was wrong. I didn't want everyone to think I was scared but what if my parents found out. Why was I here. Are these people really my friends if they are really doing this to me. These were the vital questions that I didn't know the answers to.... [tags: Peer Pressure Speech]
1513 words (4.3 pages)
- In this essay, I will discuss the effects of peer pressure on consumer’s purchase behavior. First of all we will look at the origins of peer pressure, the different groups it can affect, we will then look at the negative aspects and positive aspects of peer pressure, and finally we will analyze the effects that this phenomenon has on consumers and how marketers can make this phenomenon useful to them. We can define peer pressure as the pressure exerted on a person by a group of people the same age, same socio-cultural category or sharing the same interests to change their behavior, their morals or their attitudes towards different aspects in life just to be in line with the way other peopl... [tags: Marketing Business Cause Effect Sociology]
1254 words (3.6 pages)
- ... You quickly raise your hand too. You are now part of the majority. You are safe. Haven’t we all experienced the same feeling, at least at one point or another in our lives. Whenever we are unsure of ourselves, we look towards the majority decision of our peers, or someone whom we believe is more knowledgeable than we are. In this example, you had another answer, or another opinion of what the answer might be. However, seeing that most of the class had an answer or an opinion different from yours, you decided to cover up your own thoughts and just go with the majority.... [tags: speech, peer pressures, creativity]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Hello students, faculty, members of the school board, Superintendent, and parents. When I was first told that I was going to be the speaker for graduation, I was overcome. I was overcome with pride and excitement, as I'm sure we all are today as we close this chapter on our lives, but most of all, I was overcome with a feeling. A feeling that I have fooled you all into electing a Canadian to speak on this very important occasion. (Canadian Accent) I bet about now, you are all finally realizing just what it is you've done, eh.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- Leaders in Washington and school administrators continue to debate whether or not public schools initiate a mandatory school uniform requirement. Since the controversy surrounding these arguments’ implement a number questions, school administrators and parents throughout the United States struggle to conclude a decision if this mandatory policy is worthy. Individuals could conclude within reasons, that statistical studies are accurate or questionable. Some statistics are considerably detailed in regards to rebutting these claims, while others are only speculative research.... [tags: Department of Education, Peer pressure]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- The concepts proposed by attachment theory have been very influential to the field of personality psychology. Over the years, many studies have supported the notion that mother-child attachment styles during childhood can impact future styles of behavior. Research conducted by Festa and Ginsburg (2011) examined the impact of parental and peer factors on the development of social anxiety amongst children. Further research conducted by Li and Chan (2012) examined the specific impact of anxiety and avoidant attachment styles on the development of cognitive, emotional, and behavioral indicators in determining the quality of romantic relationships amongst adults (Li & Chan, 2012).... [tags: psychology, parental influence, peer pressure]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that they can overcome the obsticles they face and achieve success I am here because I feel that the youth of today are talented and intelligent Individuals. Many young people just need to be motivated and given a fair chance at success. Young people need mentors to help them find their way and to help them stay focused. Mentors play an intricate roll in your lives and are sort of liaisons between your parents or guardians and your educators.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
997 words (2.8 pages)
- Peer pressure: influence from members of one's peer group. Peer pressure is an incredibly widespread issue in today’s society, and can have many significant and long lasting effects. Peer pressure is an issue that can be found in many places, with many varying degrees, but often happens for the same reasons. Peer pressure can cause drug and alcohol addictions, being caught shoplifting, failing exams, and other problems. It has many causes, with many contributing factors, but is most prevalent during the teenage years, as teens look beyond the guidance of their parents, and seek answers from their peers.... [tags: Peer Pressure Essays]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- I'm sure everyone here has seen a picture of a mother duck leading her ducklings. Imagine the mother duck taking her ducklings up some stairs. The mother duck easily climbs the first stair and waits for the other little ducks to climb up. The first duckling stretches its wings as high up in the air as it can and stands on the tips of its little webbed feet. With a little help from its beak it manages to barely make the first step. Sometimes it requires a little help from mama duck to boost itself up.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1064 words (3 pages)
- "Be yourself, not your idea of what you think somebody else's idea of yourself should be." -- Hussein Nishah 'Oh look, those are the new jeans everyone are buying, hey do you want to get high, smoke this.' Have you ever been in a situation like this, where you just purchased an item or said yes to something that you feel regretful for just to fit in with other people. If you have then you have gone through the social anxieties of peer pressure. Many times in a teenager's life there are choices that have to be made.... [tags: Peer Pressure Essays]
318 words (0.9 pages)