Before this time, I had always felt that Molly was a young, vivacious, cheerful, and gregarious member of our family. I began to feel that she was mortal just like the all of us, as her degradation continued. We took her to the vet for an inspection, still supposing it was just a bug, or she was not feeling well, such that this would not be chronic, but only fleeting. I was busy the next several days while my mom had checked her into the vet, and soon became relaxed as I forgot about Molly over the next several days. Then, one night, it all changed.
As I was passing through the house with my girlfriend, as on any other normal, carefree, Friday night of the summer, my mom stopped us both and told us we should sit down. I almost instantly knew the topic of conversation would be my beloved younger sister. I could tell by the way that my mom drew in her breath before even uttering a word that our little girl was more than just ‘sick’. I had always wondered what life would be like without her. I would have...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It’s just another night and you’re sitting at home. The news is talking about the same old thing another rehab celebrity and the T.Vv shows are old replays. You call out your dog’s name, “Kenzie” and here comes your lazy old Shitzu walking into the room with her favorite toy. This is your one friend for life that you had adopted in Spencer, Iowa about 4 years ago; she’ll always be there for you whether: bored, tired, mad, or depressed. We’ve all been there, those nights with nothing to do and no one to hang around with. Rather than being alone, a pet would always be there to keep you company.... [tags: Dog, Pet, English-language films, Cat]
710 words (2 pages)
- To be a Dog Trainer Dog training is an intricate and very important practice in this day and age, not many people have the time to train a dog and, therefore, keep a peaceful household. Although this is unfortunate in some aspects, this creates a problem and therefore a job: Dog training. Being paid to work with such wonderful animals is a blessing in itself, however there are several things that need to be done before just anyone can jump into such a wonderful practice. There are training sessions and certifications to be had, there are skills to be developed, there are hardships to overcome, and finally there are the parts to love about the job.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Dog breed, Dog health, Training, Puppy]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- There are as many different types of dog owners as there are different dogs. Almost everybody wants to own a pet, but not everyone has what it takes to deal with the responsibility that comes with it. There are so many owners who will treat pets as one of their own children, but there are just as many owners who won’t give a second thought about their pet. Some owners will go above and beyond for their pets just to make sure their animals are happy; some owners will feed their animals meals before anyone else in the house gets to eat.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Dog type, Toy dog]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- Genetic diversity in Canidae General Introduction into Genetics of the Domestic Dog The domestic dog (Canis familiaris) came from a common ancestor about ten million years ago (Vilà, Maldonado, & Wayne, 1999). Presently there are more than 400 breeds of dogs, with 152 recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC). Most modern breeds have existed less than 400 years (Parker et al., 2004). It was in the in the second half 19th century that breed clubs and breed standards and the practice of ‘inbreeding and selection’ to maintain ‘purebred’ lines began as well (Gubbels, 2002; Parker et al., 2004).... [tags: Dog, Dog breed, Bulldog, Purebred]
1833 words (5.2 pages)
- They say that a dog is a man’s best fried, but they don’t tell you about the overall cost, responsibility, or convenience about adopting one. Dogs are supposed to bring so much joy to a household, but sometimes they can only fill a void for a short amount of time. When a dog owner buys a dog, do they actually research the things that they are about to get in to. When I bought my dog, Skye, I never really looked into is issues; I just looked at the benefits. I love Skye to death, and I guess I could say that she also loves me to death.... [tags: Pet, Dog, Assistance dog, Hearing dog]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Petting My Dog for The First Time My first memory of touch comes from when I was roughly three years old. My family got our first dog, Max, after my siblings begged our parents for one. My first memory of touch was when I petted him for the very first time. The memory of petting my dog is very special to me because I care for dogs so much and I will always remember it because Max was my first dog. The purpose of this paper is to tell my reaction to this touch, why I remember this touch, what memories of my touch have meant to me and still mean to me, and how my memory of touch has affected me and me life since.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Memory, Dog health, Gray Wolf]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Many people believe that dog training is hard. Many also believe that some dogs are simply not trainable. Both of these views are wrong. The truth of the matter is this: all dogs are trainable, and training a dog doesn't have to be hard work. Indeed, training a dog can be fun. It is of course true that some dog breeds are easier to train than others. What we disagree with, however, is the assertion that there are dogs which can't be trained - because that is so untrue. What we venture to explore then, are some of the things you need to do, in order to get the training of your dog right.... [tags: Dog, Training, Dog breed, Reinforcement]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- Species Information The domestic dog, Canis familiaris, is a quadrupedal mammal which is a member of the Canidae family. Dogs are said to be the first animal species to be domesticated, which is estimated to have taken place at the end of the last ice age around 15,000 years ago (CLUTTON *3). Dogs are derived from the domestication of the gray wolf, and nowadays there are hundreds of different breeds of domestic dog (AZ). In terms of distribution, although the wild gray wolf population is found in the northern hemisphere, domestic dogs are spread worldwide, living with humans in a variety of environments.... [tags: Dog, Gray Wolf, Canidae, Toy dog]
1604 words (4.6 pages)
- Rashi attributes the command of throwing meat to dogs and feeding a stray dog on Shabbat, but not to any other animal, as the gratitude that we must always show because of the good deed that the dogs performed during this time of the tenth plague. Maimonides made known his ruling that raising any dog is forbidden, “unless it is secured by chains.” The Talmud cites Rabbi Natan, who contends that raising an “evil dog” in the home violates the biblical prohibition not to “place blood in your home.” What constitutes an “evil dog.... [tags: Pet, Dog, Dogs, Property]
1519 words (4.3 pages)
- To Dance with the White Dog One Work Cited Terry Kay writes a stirring novel called To Dance with the White Dog. In the beginning of the novel, the main character, Sam Peek, loses his wife, Cora Peek, to a heart attack. Soon after, Sam begins to see a mysterious white dog that hides from everyone, including his children. Kay never reveals if White Dog is in fact real or simply a figment of Sam Peek's imagination, but several plot elements lead a reader to believe that White Dog is in fact a real animal[b1].... [tags: White Dog Essays]
563 words (1.6 pages)