The first piece was called Oblique/musique composed by Patrick Swanson. This piece instantly stood out among the others because of the instruments involved. The piece was performed by two people: one playing a vibraphone and the other playing a large drum/cymbal/gong. However, the piece also contained prerecorded sounds of static, bass, and an incoherent voice. In this piece the melody was repeated many times. It was similar to the works of John Adams because of its repetitions, background recording, and minimalistic sounds.
The second piece was a piano composition by Thalia Ventimilla called Ecuadorian Afternoon. This piece had a very relaxing melody and a “walking speed” tempo. It was not fast and not slow. The intensity of the piece started out high and gradually declined, then built up to decline again. This went on in a series of decrescendos, rising and falling with lots of chords being played.
The third piece was a duet for the flute and the oboe by Julia Grace Brown. The piece contained two movements, but I could not tell when one stopped and the second began because there was no pause. While they played the flute was quicker, playing in short, fast, high pitched notes. On the other hand, the oboe was steadier and carried the notes slightly longer, and it lead the flute through the song. Sometimes the two instruments played simultaneously, and sometimes the flute would mimic the oboe and follow it through the movement. Overall, the piece started out fast and eventually slowed with the two instruments ending together, but the flute always played in a higher range with a more piercing ...
... middle of paper ...
..., intensity, and length. The entire movement had a feeling of rising to a maximum point which could not be surpassed. In the third movement the flute and the piano played together and played nearly the same thing, with the exception of the flutes higher notes. This to had an increasing in intensity and tempo.
Now for the sake of time, and because this report is already too long, I will skip to the last piece. Also, the seventh piece was so long that I could keep discussing it.
The final and twelfth piece was made up of excerpts from a longer work called Five Short Pieces for Clarinet and Bassoon. To me, maybe because the concert was beginning to get long or maybe because I did not have many notes over it, the last piece seems fairly similar throughout its movements, or “Short Pieces.” The first was an up-beat piece with a distinct melody. The clarinet and bassoon alternated, with the clarinet playing the higher notes. The second movement had a have complete feel to it. The two instruments played at the same time, close to it. The third movement was an impressive sounding mix of ups and downs. It seemed that the performers were working very hard and it sounded very complex.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Concert Report On November twenty-second, the concert that I attended was the APSU Wind Ensemble at the George and Sharon Mabry Concert Hall. The conductors of this concert were Gregory Wolynec, Christopher Dyel (graduate) and Sarah Turner (graduate). I have been to numerous concerts but never like this. When I first got to the concert I expected to hear the first instrument in the wood wind section; the flute, but unfortunately I was in shock because the musicians begin with a bass sound; the trumpet.... [tags: Music, Musical notation, Sonata form]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- The Los Angeles Philharmonic Classical Music Concert Report I attended the Los Angeles Philharmonic classical music concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall on Friday 29 November 2013. The classical concert started at 8:00pm to the enjoyment of the huge audience that had been waiting for this amazing music extravaganza. Classical music concerts always offer magnificent entertainment and the audience in this concert was expectant to derive such entertainment or more. In attendance were Christian Zacharias who was the conductor and Martin Chalifour who was the LA Phil commanding Principal Concertmaster and Bach violin player.... [tags: music, concert, audience]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- Kanishk Chaurasia Mr. R. Kinnett Music 1306 S75 04 December 2014 INDIVIDUAL CONCERT REPORT I went to the Dallas Chamber Symphony concert. I got to experience three lovely composers Ralph Vaughan-Williams, Charles Ives and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. The instruments consisted in the Ralph V Williams’ The Lark Ascending were mainly solo violin, flute like instrument and piano for providing the background to the solo violin. The Charles Ives’ Symphony No. 3 “The Camp Meeting” included instruments such as mainly the violin, flute, strings, trombone and bells, whereas, the Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Piano Concerto No.... [tags: Music, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Chamber music]
1335 words (3.8 pages)
- The Beethoven Guitar Project Concert Report On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 12pm, UCI guitar students performed Beethoven 's music in different periods of arrangements for two guitars and guitar and mandolin at the Claire Trevor Amphitheater. The performance was titled the Beethoven Guitar Project which included a program of Rondo by Beethoven arranged for two guitars by Ivan Klinger, Beethoven Sonatine for Mandolin & Piano arranged for guitar, Fanasie from words of Beethoven arranged for two guitars by Ferdinando Carulli, variations for Beethoven Septet arranged for two guitars by Vinc.... [tags: Music, Musical notation, Musical instrument]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- The venue and the atmosphere were phenomenal for the Aaron Concert I attended with my lovely girlfriend. It was very upbeat and modern with how old but popular his music is still. Aaron Carter was a huge hit when I was about 8 years old and you could tell by the age of the audience, that that was his prime years. The concert was in Bloomington Illinois at The Castle Theatre October 7, 2013. I bought the tickets for my girlfriend’s birthday in August. I loved the concert and being able to spend time with my girlfriend and see how much she loved the music made it an awesome experience.... [tags: musical experiences]
684 words (2 pages)
- There are lots of exceptional musical pieces composed by famous musical legends such as, the German music composer, aesthete, and influential music critic, Robert Schumann; who composed Symphony No. 4 in D-minor, Op. 120 in 1851. Or the distinguished Wolfgang Mozart, a prolific and influential composer of the Classical era, who composed over 600 works; one of which is Concerto in A-major for Clarinet and Orchestra, k. 622. These two musical masterpieces were performed at the UC Davis Symphony Orchestra, Mondavi Center, under the name of Spain 2012 on March 11, 2012; along with prelude “L’apres-midi d’un faune” by Claude Debussy.... [tags: Music]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- CONCERT REPORT #1 I chose to do my first concert report on Pearl Jam. The concert took place at Deer Creek the weekend after class started, so it was perfect timing to do this assignment. This was the first time I have seen Pearl, and I thought it was worthy of writing a report on. If one has ever been a fan of Pearl Jam, they of course know that Eddie Vedder is the lead singer, and right beside him with his wicked lead guitar playing, Stone Gossard. The other guys on the strings are, Mike McCready on guitar, and Jeff Ament on bass.... [tags: essays research papers]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- For this concert report I chose to go to a performance of student composers held at the Kimball Recital Hall. I chose this one because I wanted to see some of the talent that my peers have in the music realm, and also it was one of the only concerts I have been able to attend because I usually work at night. It was impressive to hear pieces composed by students. I cannot imagine creating something as complex as a musical composition, much less actually performing it, so this aspect of the concert was particularly awe-inspiring.... [tags: Music]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- On June seventh at eight o’clock pm I attended a concert at Beneroya Hall. The concert was part of the Masterpiece series, performed by the Seattle Symphony and conducted by Hermann Michael; also including a special performance by the pianist Hélène Grimaud. The performance included four pieces, two by Ludwig Van Beethoven, one by Maurice Ravel, and the last was by Richard Strauss. The two pieces by Beethoven were; Overture to The Construction of The House, and piano Concerto No. 4 in g major, Op.... [tags: essays research papers]
456 words (1.3 pages)
- This concert took place at the Pyramid Arena in Memphis Tennessee. The main performance was by AC/DC and the band Gutted Snake opened for them. The members of AC/DC are Malcolm Young on guitar, Angus Young on guitar, Brian Johnson on vocals, Cliff Williams on bass, and Phil Rudd on drums. Gutted Snake opened at 7:30 PM and played until 8:00 PM. There was a remission, and AC/DC started at 8:30. They continued playing until around 11:00 PM. AC/DC played songs from all of their records. The bulk of the songs that they performed were: Give It Up, Goodbye & Good Riddance to bad luck, Got You By the Balls, Guns For Hire, Hail Caesar, Hard As A Rock, Have a drink on me, Heat seeker, This House... [tags: essays research papers]
733 words (2.1 pages)