Braaaaaap! Braaaaaaap! Ricky Charmichael takes the lead! He made the pass in the air over the 80 foot triple. Something that I love to do more than anything in the world is motocross. Motocross is racing over rough ground on specially strengthened motorcycles.
First, riding motocross is a difficult sport. It takes a lot of practice and endurance. You have to be in shape to do this. Motocross can be scary, but the feeling it gives you is the best. There is more than one type of motocross: Freestyle and Supercross are the two most common types.
In freestyle the objective is to jump as high as you can and stay in the air as long as you can. You need to be confident and willing to give it your all. You cannot be scared. While in the air you must perform a trick. More than one trick...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Motocross: Sport or Not Even though some would consider motocross racing a hobby or a game rather then a sport because of their opinions, a person should understand that motocross racing is a sport in today's world because it contains all the elements of the definition of what a sport is and Motocross is a sport due to the fact that it requires an individual to be in top shape, both mentally and physically as defined by the word sport. What exactly determines whether or not an activity is a sport.... [tags: Sports]
1921 words (5.5 pages)
- Motocross Braaaaaap. Braaaaaaap. Ricky Charmichael takes the lead. He made the pass in the air over the 80 foot triple. Something that I love to do more than anything in the world is motocross. Motocross is racing over rough ground on specially strengthened motorcycles. First, riding motocross is a difficult sport. It takes a lot of practice and endurance. You have to be in shape to do this. Motocross can be scary, but the feeling it gives you is the best. There is more than one type of motocross: Freestyle and Supercross are the two most common types.... [tags: essays research papers]
477 words (1.4 pages)
- Coming up to a jump about to go airborne but then smash. He crashes into the dirt breaking his leg and part of his knee, but he has no support. This is where you would go to Road 2 Recovery(R2R) for help. There are many foundations out there to help people with sport problems, but there are only a few to help with dirt biking. This is why The Road 2 Recovery foundation is a dedicated program to help AMA professional motocross and supercross members with financial and emotional assistance if they have a career ending or very critical injury (“Welcome to the Road 2 Recovery foundation” 1).... [tags: Sports, Motocross]
1657 words (4.7 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Monocross Motorcycle Ride As my flesh started to be spread across the pavement, dirt, and gravel, I thought to myself "Why, why did I ride today?" I wish I could have thought of a better way to get home that day. It had been raining that afternoon and the thought had crossed my mind not to ride home, but I didn't want to leave my bike at school. The day started out like any other day, except for one difference, I decided to ride my motorcycle to school. I woke up that morning and saw it was a beautiful, bright and sunny day, so I thought, "What a perfect time to ride my bike to school." I did my regular morning routine as usual.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
1916 words (5.5 pages)
- Ricky Carmichael has been one of the most popular motocross and supercross racers of all time. He’s been around this kind of racing for many years. From 1996 to 2007 he was the best racer to ever be in this kind of professional racing. From now to the future Ricky will always be around this sport. Ricky Carmichael was and will always be the big picture around motocross and supercross racing. Ricky Carmichael was born on November 27, 1979. He was born and raised in Clearwater, Florida. His parents, Rick and Jeannie Carmichael, took very good care of their boy.... [tags: Biography]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Motocross is one of youngest sports in the world. While being one of the youngest, it is also one of the pioneering action sports and has seen major growth over the last half century. The sport has the most comprehensive coverage on broadcast networks like NBC, Fox Sports and CBS Sports that it has ever experienced. One of the biggest events of the year is the “Motocross of Nations” or “MXon”, consisting of teams from roughly 40 countries. MXoN is sanctioned is sanctioned by FIM and promoted by Youthstream, both motocross affiliated companies headquartered in Europe.... [tags: action sports, moto]
1490 words (4.3 pages)
- Travis Pastrana [IMAGE]Travis Pastrana hit the professional motocross scene like a tidal wave only two seasons ago, sweeping everyone up with his enthusiasm and hard-charging riding style. Pastrana promptly took his Suzuki RM125 to several wins in the AMA 125cc Eastern Region Supercross Series, and followed that up by claiming the prestigious AMA 125cc Outdoor National Championship. He became the youngest rider ever to win a National title, and was named AMA Rookie of the Year for his efforts.... [tags: Papers]
669 words (1.9 pages)
- Monster Energy Drink Target Audience And Company Objectives Because the energy drink is still part of a new and developing industry, the energy drink target market is different than in some of the other beverage industries. Monster energy drinks have become a very popular, “hip” part of society, but the market at which they are aimed is not as wide and expansive, or diverse, as some might think.... [tags: Business Analysis Market Strategy]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- DIRT BIKES There are two basic types of motorcycles. One type is made for riding on smooth surfaces like roads or paved race tracks. These motorcycles are called road bikes. They are heavier, faster, and more powerful than off-road bikes. Off-road motorcycles, or dirt bikes, are lighter than road bikes. Dirt bikes are built to handle rough terrain like dirt, mud, and rocks. Not all people use dirt bikes for sport. Some people need their dirt bikes for work. “Members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police ride Honda, Kawasaki, and Suzuki dirt bikes instead of horses.';(Motocross, 128) Forest rangers take dirt bikes out on patrol.... [tags: essays research papers]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- Dirtbiking Imagine speeding through a construction site at 80 miles per hour. Not knowing what terrain is coming up next. You could speed away and be OK or you could crash and burn. That's the adrenaline rush you get when you ride a dirtbike. Dirtbiking is an exciting, adrenaline pumping sport. Dirtbiking is also a sport enjoyed by many people all over the world. To get involved in dirtbiking you have to race in the right age group. You also have to know what size dirtbike is right for you.... [tags: Dirtbikes]
614 words (1.8 pages)