Michael Jordan in my opinion, was the greatest basketball player that ever lived. He holds more records than just about everyone that ever played this sport. Some of those records included: being the all-time leading scorer in the Chicago Bulls history, most seasons in which he lead the league in scoring, which was ten, and most consecutive seasons in which he lead the league in scoring, which was seven seasons.
Michael Jeffery Jordan was born on February 17, 1963 in the city of Brooklyn, New York. Michael was not always the greatest player on the court; he had to work for every bit of it. After moving from Brooklyn to Wilmington, North Carolina MJ decided to go out for the high school sophomore basketball team, he was cut. However three years later he definitely showed his high school coach that he could play. Michael played his freshman of college for the University of North Carolina; he also hit the game winning shot in the NCAA Championship game that year. After two more years at North Carolina Michael entered the NBA draft. He was chosen third overall in the first round by the Chicago Bulls. MJ’s first year with the Bulls was spectacular, he wan the rookie of the year award, averaging 28.2 points per game. His second year in the NBA was not so great; he was benched due to a foot injury. However he did come back to play a few games towards the end of the season, one in which he scored sixty-three points. With this feet, he ho...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In Beowulf there are many symbols and elements. The symbols of Herot hall and Grendel represented all that was good, and all that was evil in the story. There are also many Christian elements in this pagan story. These aspects of the poem are important, but not relevant to today's society. In the poem Beowulf, Beowulf is an epic hero. The poem gives the idea of what a hero really is. Many of these ideas have been carried into modern society, and one person fallows these traits of Beowulf. That is the modern hero of Michael Jordan.... [tags: Compare Contrast Poetry Hero]
1040 words (3 pages)
- Micheal Jordan is one the greatest all-time basketball players in the history of the NBA as well a great role model for athletes. Jordan teaches athletes how to reach towards their goals, how to accept failure, and how to succeed. Michael Jordan is known around the world as “Air Jordan” , " G.O.A.T "( Greatest of All Times), "MJ", and "His Airness ".He acquired this nickname by jumping from the free throw line and dunking. This simulated that he was “flying” through the air. By breaking countless records, winning many NBA titles and being known world round as the best basketball player there ever was, he has forever changed the game of basketball.... [tags: Michael Jordan, National Basketball Association]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- At every level of basketball there are players that have shined on and off the court, this is true for two exceptional players like Michael Jordan and LeBron James. The debate over these two marvelous athletes and who is the better of the two, has divided sports fans since LeBron earned his first Finals Championship. For many years Michael Jordan has been seen as one of the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball. Michael Jordan was first drafted into the NBA by the Chicago Bulls as the third pick in the first round of the NBA draft of 1984, after finishing his college career at the University of North Carolina.... [tags: Michael Jordan, National Basketball Association]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Many people who watch or play basketball always argue who is the best of all time, or which basketball player is better than the other. And the most two basketball players that get compared with each other is Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan. Both of these two players are exciting to watch when they are on the basketball court. Taking a closer look into both of their careers you can see major similarities but you can also see where both of them have their different paths. Even though they both make the basketball world a better place the real question that needs to be answered is who is better.... [tags: Michael Jordan, National Basketball Association]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- In 1981, Michael Jordan stepped foot on North Carolina’s campus as a top recruited freshman and was soon to be one of only four freshmen to ever earn a starting spot under Coach Dean Smith. The University of North Carolina was where Michael Jordan’s legacy started, and as of now, it will not end anytime soon. In his playing days, Michael was a second overall draft pick, Nike client, six-time NBA champ, six-time NBA finals MVP, five-time NBA MVP, and a fourteen-time all-star. After his playing days were over, Jordan’s impact on the game and on the fans never died.... [tags: Michael Jordan, National Basketball Association]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- AND MICHEAL PORTE1 : AND MICHEAL PORTE1 COMPARISON OF CHARLES HANDY AND MICHEAL PORTER Introduction In the modern age, when nature of management science is changing rapidly, ideas and work of few are helping the organizations and individuals to cope with these changes. They are the people who laid the foundation of modern management studies, and are known as management gurus. Among the few top management gurus Charles Handy and Michael Porter are the one who had the lasting influence on management thought and writing.... [tags: Business and Management Studies:]
1187 words (3.4 pages)
- December 21, 1891- The birth of basketball. It has been changed from simply shooting a soccer ball into a peach basket to dunking a seven pound, leather ball into an iron rim. In the early years of the game, basketball was not as popular as other sports. In the 1985 NBA draft all this would change with the emergence of a 6'6" basketball phenomenon from Wilmington, North Carolina. Although going third in the draft, he recreated the game and is known as the best player to ever touch a basketball; he is Michael Jordan.... [tags: Basketball Michael Jordan]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time “The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.” (Jordan, 1). In the world of Robert Jordan’s bestselling fantasy series, "The Wheel of Time", the life of the ordinary people has been undergoing some extraordinary changes.... [tags: Robert Jordan Wheel of Time]
6164 words (17.6 pages)
- The novel, The Raging Quiet, written by Sherryl Jordan, portrays the ignorance, suspicion, and prejudice that people feels towards other individuals who have done nothing wrong except for committing an unforgivable crime of being different than the rest of the society. Upon arriving in Torcurra, the protagonist, Marnie, finds herself an outsider in this remote seaside village. Alone in this place filled with unwelcoming villagers, Marnie befriends with two other people, a local priest and a madman named Raven.... [tags: Jordan Raging Quiet Book Review]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- Jordan, Hashemite Kingdom of I. INTRODUCTION Jordan, Hashemite Kingdom of (Arabic Al Mamlakah al Urdunniyah al Hashimiyah), kingdom in southwestern Asia, bounded on the north by Syria, on the east by Iraq and Saudi Arabia, on the south by Saudi Arabia and the Gulf of Aqaba, and on the west by Israel and the West Bank, an area previously held by Jordan that has been occupied by Israel since 1967. The area of Jordan is 89,556 sq km (34,578 sq mi). Amman is the capital and largest city of Jordan.... [tags: essays research papers]
820 words (2.3 pages)