Society in general can be cruel and heartless toward real virtue of any kind. In the most popular venues, love is seldom dealt with with any degree of sobriety. Modern humor mocks marriage, husbands and wives, then glorifies every conceivable breech of virtue, such as sexual immorality, profane and obscene values.
Real love is a mystery to most people. Most people never realize the true potential or value of love, nor do they learn to practice the art of love. It is usually very poorly defined. People think they are in love, but they can’t explain it. There is a great deal of confusion and cross-referencing of the terms LOVE, ROMANCE, INFATUATION, AFFECTION, TENDERNESS and so forth.
Love may include romance, infatuation, affection and tenderness. But even if those elements are not present, it could still be love.
A lot of people will tell you that they are in love, or that they have been in love, but there is a huge disparity between one person’s definition of love and another’s.
Two of my favorite statements on love are:
Love is a choice to do the highest good for someone.
Love is the bond of perfectness (Colossians 3:14):
It is the perfect glue.
Love is noble and idealistic. Love is the highest of all the virtues. God Himself is love. Paul classified faith, hope and love as the highest virtues, and concluded that lov...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Throughout one’s life, an individual will experience a plethora of different relationships including friendship, family, and even enemies. Of all the relationships, however, the most beautiful and life changing one is the act of in love. Today’s culture has bred us to pursue someone to marry, to start a family, and to live happily ever after, which, in theory, sounds wonderful. Yet, in reality, the happily ever after propoganda is fictitious, for it does not exist. This notion causes a constant struggle between the false beliefs on how love works, and wanting to fall in love and stay in love.... [tags: Love, Interpersonal relationship, Emotion]
703 words (2 pages)
- Love is a word that everyone grows up knowing, but they don’t necessarily understand what it means. Most people think that love generates from the heart, but in all actuality it occurs in the brain—the heart has little to nothing to do with love. The heart was mistaken to be the foundation of love because when someone is feeling emotions associated with the word, their pulse rate accelerates. Another reason for the mistake could be that throughout history, architects and artists alike have showcased and based the feeling of love around the organ in question.... [tags: Love, Greek words for love, Friendship, Family]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- Love is perhaps the most widely used but also most ambiguous words in the English language. In modern culture, it penetrates almost every corner of public and private life, yet if one were to ask its meaning of even three different people, there would likely be discontinuity between the answers. While it is possible to define the word “love” based on its grammatical operation, to understand its full meaning or lack thereof, deeper examination is required. Love is used both as a noun and a verb in modern English, yielding several subcategories such as action, feeling, or even person.... [tags: Love, Greek words for love, English language]
716 words (2 pages)
- There are cultural significances to the idea of “love medicine” and how the idea of love comes in different packages. In addition to these cultural images, the significance of “love medicine” can be seen between many separate characters within the novel, however I am going to focus on the following sets of characters: June and Gordie Kashpaw then Lulu Nanapush, Nector Kashpaw (and Marie Lazarre). Gordie and June June 's one-night stands are described throughout the book, while at the same time, readers learn there were many people who loved her.... [tags: Love, Marriage, Romance]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- Love doesn’t come easily to some. To a few, love is as easy as breathing, but not to Jisoo it isn’t. The hardest thing in life comes in the form, well not a form, but emotion. Yes, the emotion of love. Falling in love is the easy part, but actually getting that person to love you back, well that’s the hard part. Jisoo’s already done the easy part. He’s fallen in love, and he’s quite sure that he fell for the one person who will never love him back. He’s fallen for his one and only best friend. He isn’t just any best friend.... [tags: Love, Debut albums, Bismuth-209]
2770 words (7.9 pages)
- It is one thing that we all, as humans, have in common and have felt it at one time or another. It seems to be the main underlying goal that we strive for in our lifetime. So, what it really is. I just describe it as the feeling of love. Many people consider love in numerous different ways as they grow older. To me, my view of love eventually becomes deeper and more mature comparing to the time I was young until now. In my life, I have felt into different types of love, which are the unconditional family love, the miler of friendship, and the wonderful love from God.... [tags: Love, Friendship, Interpersonal relationship]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- Love The word ‘love’ has many definitions and emotion connected to it.It is an emotion felt and depicted by insects, animals, and every human being.It is one of the topics that has been talked and discussed in movies, books, plays throughout the ages and different writers, directors and playwright would reveal their own interpretation of love. Although I feel the word love is taken for granted nowadays people say they love someone sometimes just because they are afraid of social isolation or to complete some motives or desire.... [tags: Love, Interpersonal relationship, Emotion]
707 words (2 pages)
- Self-Love is True Love In the Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night, the play emphasizes how there is not one way to show love, whether this is showing love to others or to oneself. Each character tends to explicitly show love towards another person whereas; Maria shows her love in a different manner. In the first act we are able to see how Orsino shows love to Olivia by sending Cesario as a messager to wooe Olivia for Orsino. And because Olivia interacts with Cesario, Olivia falls in love with Cesario instead of Orisno.... [tags: Love, Interpersonal relationship, Marriage]
1611 words (4.6 pages)
- Everyone has felt it at some time, be it for a man, pet, or even a non-living article. That inclination is love. Love is felt in various powers; it might expend your entire being, or maybe it 's only a little smash. A few people scan for what appear their entire lifetimes for affection, while others may appear to fall all through adoration all the time. Obviously, here we are discussing individuals. We can love numerous things, yet the adoration between two individuals is one of a kind and uncommon. Love is once in a while characterized in light of the fact that everybody encounters it in an unexpected way.... [tags: Love, Friendship, Kinship, Loveppears]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- Unknown source of Passage 1 and 2 Love relationships are similar to a seesaw, as the seesaw tips according to the persons sitting on the two sides, a love relationship can also lean according to the mentality of the couple in the said relationship. Passage 1 and Passage 2 both depict situations with love relationships that have varying passions, intensity, and dilemmas. Passage 1 and Passage 2 establish a controlling idea that love?s various obstacles and hindrances can occur by the individuals in the relationship or by outside forces affecting the relationships. Passage 1 introduces the idea that the crisis of death can occur during a relationship.... [tags: Love]
572 words (1.6 pages)