Kurt Donald Cobain was born to Wendy and Donald Cobain on February 20,
1967 in the small logging community of Aberdeen Washington and his life ended on
April 5, 1994. Kurt fronted one of the greatest bands of our time called Nirvana.
In this report I hope to inform you about the life and mysterious death of Kurt
Kurt had a good childhood, but a troubled adolescence. Partly because of
his parents splitting up in 1975 when Kurt was eight years old. Kurt chose to
live with his mother. Kurt's father remarried three years later.
Kurt got his first guitar for his 14th birthday. He took one guitar
lesson and never paid for it. Kurt says "I went and learned the power chords and
never went back and never paid for the lesson I guess I still owe that guy the
$6 or whatever it was. I didn't go back because once you know the power chords
you can start writing your own songs."
Kurt's mother remarried in May of 1984 to Pat O'Connor and one year later in May of 1985 Kurt would drop out of high school at the age of 17. During this period of his life Kurt got caught up with the drug community of Aberdeen and started heroin, an addiction he would never defeat. Many blame his death on this horrendous drug. Kurt often lived
under a bridge along the muddy banks of the Wishkah river during that period.
Kurt had been just hanging out when he met Chad Channing and Krist
Novaselic and they would go on to find out that they each played music. Chad
played the drums and Krist played the bass. The three started getting together
and jamming. They wrote some of their own songs and sent out some demo tapes.
They released a single in November of 1988. They got signed to a small company
and produced their first album titled Bleach. It featured Chad Channing on Drums,
Kurt Cobain on guitar and vocals, and Krist Novaselic on bass. Bleach only
ending up costing $600 to produce and did not sell big. After recording Bleach
the band made a short west coast tour that started in February of 1989 in
Seattle and moved down the coast. However the band was just preparing for the
tour for Bleach which started on June 22, 1989 in San Francisco and ended in New
Castle, England, the bands first European show.
Nirvana started another short US tour in February of 1990 and one month
later Chad left the band to be ...
... middle of paper ...
...k the greenhouse.
Dylan was Kurt's best friend and helped Tom Grant look for Kurt, This is where
my survey comes in out of 47 people surveyed including fans, students, and
teachers 20 said they believed that Kurt was murdered and 27 said they believed
that Kurt committed suicide, almost an even split.
Kurt left a big hole in the music industry and this was expressed by
many of his fellow musicians including Eddy Vedder of Pearl Jam and Michael
Stipe of R.E.M. Eddy had to say "I feel bad that Kurt's not still writing songs
because he was brilliant and that guy could emotionally twang my heart-strings.
Every song he wrote spoke to me."
Dave Grohl and Pat Smear, who had been a late edition for In Utero an
back-up guitar formed a band called the Foo Fighters with Dave on lead guitar
and vocals, Pat on back-up guitar again, and two new people. Krist went on to
join a band called Sweet 75. Krist has also become a "spokesperson" for the band
being the only member that was with the band all the way until the end. I hope i
have shown you what Kurt's life and death were like. There is much more
information about this subject out there this is just some of it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- "I had a good marriage, and for that I'm grateful...but I've become hateful toward all humans in general only because it seems so easy for people to get along that have empathy." Kurt Cobain, in his 'suicide note', found next to his corpse on Friday, April 8th 1994, stated his hatred towards human society. Dead at 27, he remains among one of the most monumental and controversial lyrists in history. In spite of his tempestuous marriage with drug addict, Courtney Love, reckless drug abuse, and a childhood drained of emotion, Cobain escalated to become the epitome of a rockstar - an alluring misfit who spent every waking minute under surveillance by either drug officers or the Time magazine pap... [tags: Cobain Biography Musician Drugs]
1663 words (4.8 pages)
- I’ve chosen to write about Kurt Cobain because his life really became difficult for him around the age of nine after his parents divorced and Kurt became seriously withdrawn. There are many changes that Kurt went through in his life and I found it very interesting. Kurt’s parents divorced when he was nine. He lived with his father after the divorce. On weekends, he visited his mother and sister. When his father remarried, Kurt held resentments with his stepmother Jenny and her two children. One of the bright spots of this difficult time was a present he received from his uncle, a guitar.... [tags: Biography, Psychoanalysis]
1522 words (4.3 pages)
- Kurt Donald Cobain was born on February 20, 1976 in Hoquaim, a small town south-west of Seattle. When he was about six months old he moved to Arberdeen and spent most of his childhood there. His parents divorced when he was seven years old. Cobain did not handle the divorce well. Cobain said that he never felt loved or secure again (Ronson, 1996). He became anti-social and withdrawn after the divorce. Cobain was passed around to several relatives and even lived under a bridge at one point. After Cobain’s parent’s divorced, he lived with his mom in a trailer park for a year.... [tags: Biography]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Kurt Donald Cobain The subject of this writing, is on a man who changed music; a man on the level of Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and Jim Morrison. This individual is Kurt Donald Cobain from the revolutionary grunge/rock band, Nirvana. While some people would never consider Cobain to hold a major role in the shaping of our music and culture today, they haven’t taken the time to look around. Many people overlook the fact that music played a huge role in the lives of Americans during the 90’s.... [tags: Nirvana Music Musical Essays Biography]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- Many people have their own theories about the 5th of April is 1994, for those of you who don't, know that this is the day Kurt Kobain's body was found in the garage of his home. Some critics have come to the conclusion that Kurt had tried to make himself a legend by killing himself. But such ideas seem to overshadow the tragedy of the death of one the most popular and influential musicians of the 1990's. (Melody Makers, web2.epnet.com 12/08/2001) There is no question of Kurt Cobain's death.... [tags: essays research papers]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- Kurt Cobain and Jim Morrison were more than leads of great bands. They were heros of their generations. They had so many talents and each influenced a multitude of people. Aside from being singers and song writers Kurt was also a musician, guitarist and mass-media phenomenon, and Jim was also a poet, film maker and writer. Their groups also had about a twenty year span in between them. Even though it seems you could not compare them you actually can. Unlike fictional writers their material comes more from their life experiences and feelings.... [tags: essays research papers]
2199 words (6.3 pages)
- Kurt Cobain, frontman of Nirvana, pioneered a new generation of Rock and Roll. Creating what would eventually be known as “The Seattle Sound”, most people credit Kurt as being one of the founding fathers of the Grunge Rock movement, and the voice of a generation. However, Cobain’s life was not always as great as it was during his rise to fame. This would be realised when Kurt’s body was found in his Seattle home with a shotgun and suicide note. Considered a martyr, Kurt’s Life was an interesting one.... [tags: Kurt Cobain, Nirvana, Nevermind]
1452 words (4.1 pages)
- Jordan Troccoli Period 5 March 15th 2015 The Journey of Kurt Cobain’s Life On February 20th 1967, a man who many called an alternative rock legend was born in Aberdeen Washington, his name is Kurt Cobain. As a kid Kurt grew up in a small logging town with his mother Wendy Cobain, and father Donald Cobain. Growing up was difficult for Kurt Cobain as his parents were constantly fighting. At the age of nine Cobain’s parents had filed for a divorce, and Cobain decided to live with his father, Donald.... [tags: Kurt Cobain, Nirvana, Courtney Love]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Biography on Tupac Shakur In much the same fashion that Kurt Cobain defined the alternative rock music scene, Tupac Shakur defined the hip-hop scene as we know it today. What made Tupac (also known as 2pac) so special was his enormous talent, his on-screen friendly looks, and the sense that he was 'real' and talked the talk, while walking the walk. Since his death, there's been a deluge of speculation on who and why, and even if, but unfortunately still no concrete answers exist for any of these questions.... [tags: Papers]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Kurt Cobain On April 9th the world woke up to the news of Kurt Cobain's suicide. Those who followed the grundge music of Cobain's band, Nirvana, were angry, but not surprised. With songs such as "I Hate Myself and Want to Die" and constant references to suicide and drugs, suicide was the obvious explanation for his death. Kurt put it best when he said, "I'm thought of as this pissy, complaining, freaked-out schizophrenic who wants to kill himself all the time." (Bozza) To many people, Cobain just joined the club of rock stars who self-destructed.... [tags: Papers]
1584 words (4.5 pages)