Kurt Donald Cobain was born on February 20,1967 in the town of Aberdeen,
Washington. Aberdeen is on the west coast and is about 108 miles southwest of
Seattle. Aberdeen is a dreary place with about seven feet of rain a year. Kurt
was born to Mrs. Wendy Cobain and to Mr. Donald Cobain. Wendy was a homemaker.
She had a very tight bond with Kurt. He was her first born. She had another
child three years after she had Kurt. Her name was Kim. Donald was a mechanic.
He was very into sports. He often tried to push Kurt into sports but Kurt just
didn't like them. Even though the Cobain's didn't have much they seemed to do
all right. Wendy dressed her children in the best clothes she could afford.
They always looked like the best dressed kids in Aberdeen.
Kurt was an extremely happy child. He would wake up everyday so happy. He was
always filled with joy and always had a smile on his face. Kurt once said his
upbringing could be decribed as "white trash posing as middle class". His
mother told him to stay away from the poor kids. She said they were dirty. So
Kurt did and he also would beat the up. Then in 4th grade he realized he liked
them better. Around that time people started to notice that Kurt was very good
in art. Most of Kurt's friends didn't really like things like art and music.
He loved these things so much he stopped making friends because he was different.
Kurt was not such a health kid. His whole life he suffered chronic bronchitis.
At age of seven he was diagnosed hyperactive. He was put on Ritalin. This
seemed to make him stay up until four in the morning. They soon put him on
sedatives. This did not work either. They made him fall asleep in school.
Doctors told Wendy to try subtracting sugar and Red Dye #2 from his food. This
was the right prescription for Kurt. Sometime during the 8th grade Kurt was
diagnosed with scloiosis. In his later years the weight of his guitar made it
worse. Suicide also ran in his family. In 1979 a great uncle committed suicide
and in 1984 an uncle also committed suicide.
Kurt was in love with music since the age of two. He was brought up in a
musical family. One of Wendy's uncle had some records out in the 40's and 50's.
Her brother was in a Rock and Roll Band. Her sister was in a country band and
played the guitar. Almost everyone had some sort of musical talent.
Kurt had always wanted to be a ...
... middle of paper ...
... Kurt wakes twenty hours later and denies it was an attempt. At this
time Nirvana decides to cancel the rest of the tour and take a rest. Through
all of the tours their are rumors that tensions are high between the group
members. The press says there is constant fighting. There is even a rumor that
the group is going to break up. To add to the cancellation of their tour they
also cancel all their involvement in Lollapalooza.
Then on March 18,1994 a startling thing happens. Kurt locks himself in a room
of his house. He will not come out and he has a 38 caliber revolver with him.
He threaten to kill himself. Courtney Love once again calls the police. The
police come and take control of the situation. They take the gun away.
Some time around March 30,1994 Courtney calls for an intervention to get Kurt
off of drugs. She realizes he really does need help. On March 31,1994 Kurt
checks in to the Exodus Recovery Center. It seems as though Kurt wants help.
This doesn't last long. The day after he checks in he jumps a wall and it is
the last anyone sees of him. He is missing
On April 8th an electrician finds Kurt dead in home, from an apparent self-
-inflicted gun shot wound to the head.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Jordan Troccoli Period 5 March 15th 2015 The Journey of Kurt Cobain’s Life On February 20th 1967, a man who many called an alternative rock legend was born in Aberdeen Washington, his name is Kurt Cobain. As a kid Kurt grew up in a small logging town with his mother Wendy Cobain, and father Donald Cobain. Growing up was difficult for Kurt Cobain as his parents were constantly fighting. At the age of nine Cobain’s parents had filed for a divorce, and Cobain decided to live with his father, Donald.... [tags: Kurt Cobain, Nirvana, Courtney Love]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Kurt Cobain's Biography Kurt Donald Cobain was born to Wendy and Donald Cobain on February 20, 1967 in the small logging community of Aberdeen Washington and his life ended on April 5, 1994. Kurt fronted one of the greatest bands of our time called Nirvana. In this report I hope to inform you about the life and mysterious death of Kurt Cobain. Kurt had a good childhood, but a troubled adolescence. Partly because of his parents splitting up in 1975 when Kurt was eight years old. Kurt chose to live with his mother.... [tags: Kurt Cobain Artist Nirvana Biographies Essays]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- I’ve chosen to write about Kurt Cobain because his life really became difficult for him around the age of nine after his parents divorced and Kurt became seriously withdrawn. There are many changes that Kurt went through in his life and I found it very interesting. Kurt’s parents divorced when he was nine. He lived with his father after the divorce. On weekends, he visited his mother and sister. When his father remarried, Kurt held resentments with his stepmother Jenny and her two children. One of the bright spots of this difficult time was a present he received from his uncle, a guitar.... [tags: Biography, Psychoanalysis]
1522 words (4.3 pages)
- Personality theories attempt to identify the origins of personalty and examine how personality develops. Throughout the history of psychology, different psychologists have offered various personalities, each one contradicting some idea of the other. It is possible to examine personality using multiple parts of different theories, while certain characters may be best described by one theory. Although Kurt Cobain, a complex character, cannot possibly fit into any one personality theory perfectly, parts of his personality can be explained using theories created by Alfred Adler and Carol Rogers.... [tags: Psychology]
1408 words (4 pages)
- “A person’s behavior, whether normal or abnormal, is determined largely by underlying psychological forces of which he or she is not consciously aware.” (Comer, 2011, p. 37) The psychodynamic model is the oldest and most famously used model when diagnosing and treating abnormal behaviors; its purpose is to find the problem hidden in past events within a person’s life. In this paper I will be discussing the life of Kurt Cobain, describing his diagnosis based on the five axes of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders IV TR, and what his possible treatment could have been, all through a psychodynamic point of view.... [tags: Psychology, Psychodynamic Model, Behaviors]
1510 words (4.3 pages)
- "I had a good marriage, and for that I'm grateful...but I've become hateful toward all humans in general only because it seems so easy for people to get along that have empathy." Kurt Cobain, in his 'suicide note', found next to his corpse on Friday, April 8th 1994, stated his hatred towards human society. Dead at 27, he remains among one of the most monumental and controversial lyrists in history. In spite of his tempestuous marriage with drug addict, Courtney Love, reckless drug abuse, and a childhood drained of emotion, Cobain escalated to become the epitome of a rockstar - an alluring misfit who spent every waking minute under surveillance by either drug officers or the Time magazine pap... [tags: Cobain Biography Musician Drugs]
1663 words (4.8 pages)
- Kurt Cobain On April 9th the world woke up to the news of Kurt Cobain's suicide. Those who followed the grundge music of Cobain's band, Nirvana, were angry, but not surprised. With songs such as "I Hate Myself and Want to Die" and constant references to suicide and drugs, suicide was the obvious explanation for his death. Kurt put it best when he said, "I'm thought of as this pissy, complaining, freaked-out schizophrenic who wants to kill himself all the time." (Bozza) To many people, Cobain just joined the club of rock stars who self-destructed.... [tags: Papers]
1584 words (4.5 pages)
- Many people have their own theories about the 5th of April is 1994, for those of you who don't, know that this is the day Kurt Kobain's body was found in the garage of his home. Some critics have come to the conclusion that Kurt had tried to make himself a legend by killing himself. But such ideas seem to overshadow the tragedy of the death of one the most popular and influential musicians of the 1990's. (Melody Makers, web2.epnet.com 12/08/2001) There is no question of Kurt Cobain's death.... [tags: essays research papers]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- Kurt Cobain The number one cause of death in teens is suicide. Looking back to one of the most commonly known and most devistating suicides, of Kurt Cobain lead singer of the former band Nirvana. In his time of music he had the world in his hands. He used personal turmoil as fuel for great music. Suprisingly, he seemed unusually tortured by success. The author of Come As You Are: The Story of Nirvana said, "He was a very bright, sweet, generous, and caring person, perhaps a little too sweet and sensitive for the business he was in." One of Cobain's biggest worries was that his band had sold out.... [tags: essays research papers]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- Kurt Cobain A look Into the Life and Career of a Legend; A Proposal Kurt Donald Cobain was the lead singer/songwriter of the band Nirvana, until April 5 1994 when he committed suicide. Troubled by depression, chronic stomach problems, and an addiction to heroin, his ailments in his personal life showed through in his music. His music evolved from the hard "punk" sound of their first album, to the intelligent "tell all" tales of his fourth and final album In Utero. Through his music he changed an era of “lost souls”, to a generation with a vision of who they were.... [tags: essays research papers]
1022 words (2.9 pages)