Krispy Kreme Doughnuts was the dream of a great entrepreneur, Vernon Carver Rudloph. Although, Mr. Rudolph did not invent the doughnut, he definitely improved the process of making the doughnuts and the taste of the doughnuts, with his secret recipe for yeast-raised doughnuts. There are many values, within, this organization that are passed onto employees, and then to customers. The company's shared values include: integrity, authenticity, passion, learning, sharing, and positive expectations. Krispy Kreme is business to produce a top-notch doughnut and share it with the world. Their commitment to being an ethical and social responsible company shows in all they do. Krispy Kreme helped to raise some $43 million for various charities and social causes in their last fiscal year. They do not only say they are socially responsible, they prove they are in their day-to-day operations. I plan to address many issues affecting Krispy Kreme in this case study. For instance, this case study will include discussion of; the growth strategy of the company, identifying ways in which the company can effectively expand using e-commerce, identifying the company?s competitors and discussion of their competitive advantages and disadvantages, how the company uses its production processes to enhance customer relations, and predictions for company?s growth and continued success in the future.
Krispy Kreme?s mission is easy, to create ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Krispy Kreme Donuts, Inc. Since Krispy Kreme was founded in 1937, it has grown into a leading branded specialty retailer, producing more than 5 million doughnuts a day and over 1.8 billion a year. In addition to Krispy Kreme stores, their premium quality doughnuts are sold in supermarkets, convenience stores and other retail outlets throughout the country. Best known for their fresh, glazed, yeast-raised doughnuts, known as "Hot Original Glazed”, Krispy Kreme also make more than a dozen other varieties of yeast-raised and cake doughnuts.... [tags: essays research papers]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc Case Study Summary In this SWOT analysis, I will delve into the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that affect the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. Krispy Kreme is a highly successful company, whose main product, not surprisingly, is doughnuts. The company went public in 2000, and saw a hugely successful increase in share price immediately after. Vernon Rudolph founded the Krispy Kreme company in 1937 in Winston-Salem, NC. The company has since become a leading specialty retailer.... [tags: Business Strategy Management Analysis]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- Analysis and Recommendations: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. 370 Knollwood Street Suite 500 Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27103 PURPOSE: The purpose of this study is to issue my recommendations to the CEO and Board of directions of Krispy Kreme. This corporation is on a downward spiral and changes must be made at a rapid pace in order for any hopes of survival. It is struggling financially and struggling to remain a valued member of the New York Stock Exchange. My first recommendation was to release top management and put the company in the hands of an industry specialist experienced with financial reconstruction and public trust renewal.... [tags: Business Management Essays]
493 words (1.4 pages)
- Table of Contents Introduction p.3 1. Company Overview p.3 2. Company’s mission and vision p.5 3. External analysis p.6 3.1 The macroenvironment p.6 3.1.1 Demographic environment p.6 3.1.2 Economic environment p.7 3.1.3 Natural environment p.7 3.1.4 Technological environment p.8 3.1.5 Political environment p.8 3.1.6 Socio-cultural environme... [tags: essays research papers]
6856 words (19.6 pages)
- The long, debated question has been asked for decades… which doughnut company reigns supreme, Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts. Many people believe that Krispy Kreme is better because of it more traditional flavors and being able to get their doughnuts hot and fresh. On the other hand, many people like Dunkin Donuts because it is more modern with many different flavors to choose from and The choices of a variety of hot or iced coffees. Many people love coming into Krispy Kreme and watch their doughnuts being made right in front of them.... [tags: Krispy Kreme, Doughnut, Dunkin' Donuts]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Since I was about four years old I had an obsession with fast food: Krispy Kreme. My obsession takes me way back I can even remember everything growing up. According to my grandmother, whenever we drove by a Krispy Kreme when I was about four, I would say the word "doughnut" seeing the big red circle sign the words saying hot Krispy Kreme doughnuts now. And that is where it all started for me and my favorite type of sweet junk food. Krispy Kreme, in particular, had an influence on me growing up.... [tags: Krispy Kreme, Dunkin' Donuts, Doughnut, Milk]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- Krispy Kreme over the years have faced various problems. Included in these problems slow market growth due to shifts in consumer preference and the concern of Krispy Kreme’s fast growth which may result in market destruction of Krispy Kreme’s own position in the marketplace. Consumers on a continuous basis are choosing more healthy and nutritious options that align with their well-being. Due to this shift, many are evading doughnuts which has contributed to stagnant general progression in the doughnut industry.... [tags: Krispy Kreme, Doughnut, Dunkin' Donuts, Berliner]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Doughnuts have been one of the world’s greatest desserts and snacks that have ever been on the planet. As a matter of fact, doughnuts have become a sweet delicacy in more than just the United States. Doughnuts are small fried cakes of sweetened dough, typically formed in the shape of a small golf ball or a small ring. Doughnuts are usually deep fried from a dough made of flour and then shaped as a ball or ring. Some doughnuts have jelly or crème inserted into them to ensure the variety. Other types of batters can also be used, and various toppings and flavorings are used for different types, such as sugar, chocolate, or maple glazing.... [tags: Krispy Kreme, Doughnut, Dunkin' Donuts, Flavor]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- Krispy Kreme doughnuts have been around for approximately seventy-five years. All properly made doughnuts glazed or jelly filled are good and in my opinion they have the best glazed doughnut in the market. Their mission is to “touch and enhance lives through the joy of Krispy Kreme “( http://www.krispykreme.com ). The vision is to “be the worldwide leader in sharing delicious tastes and creating joyful memories” ( http://www.krispykreme.com ). Mr. Vernon Rudolph purchased a “secret yeast-raised doughnut recipe from a New Orleans French chef, rented a building in what is now historic Old Salem in Winston-Salem, NC, and began selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts to local grocery stores within the co... [tags: Krispy Kreme, Doughnut, Dunkin' Donuts]
2285 words (6.5 pages)
- Focus of the Proposal Krispy Kreme, a leading, well-established brand of high quality doughnuts, is still in a stage of astonishing growth potential. According to Dain Rauscher Wessels equity analyst David Geraty, “Krispy Kreme has established itself as the quality leader in the doughnut industry and is positioned to become the dominant industry player, with 145 retail locations in 27 states, Krispy Kreme is expected to capitalize on the brand conscious consumer’s demand for a consistent, high quality specialty food product” (Minneapolis 2000).... [tags: essays research papers]
1620 words (4.6 pages)