Setting goals is the most important thing you can do in your life. Without goal's you are going to have no direction, no ambition to be successful, no drive to stay in school, and trouble finding a career that will provide for you. Without these three things, achieving your goals is going to be one of the toughest tasks in the years to come.
When setting direction to success you must make good choices on the path you are going to choose. The wrong path will put you somewhere that is going to take you off track from your goals. This path can lead to partying too much, getting lazy, and not going back to school. Not doing schoolwork is getting lazy. You must stay on top of schoolwork and not fall behind. If you start to fall behind in schoolwork, it is very hard to find yourself catching up again. Choosing the right path will keep you caught up in work and your mind occupied so you don't fall behind.
Having ambition to be successful is key in getting what you want in life. Ambitions of getting a great job, a family, and any other thing that will make your life more enjoyable is all do to setting goals. Setting goals of getting paid a certain amount of money by the age of 40 is a goal that will make you work hard, and do well in the business place. Having a family and a nice house is also a goal that will make you do well in the business place, to be able to provide for your family. Also, having those extra things that make your life more enjoya...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Importance of Setting Goals Setting goals is the most important thing you can do in your life. Without goal's you are going to have no direction, no ambition to be successful, no drive to stay in school, and trouble finding a career that will provide for you. Without these three things, achieving your goals is going to be one of the toughest tasks in the years to come. When setting direction to success you must make good choices on the path you are going to choose. The wrong path will put you somewhere that is going to take you off track from your goals.... [tags: essays research papers]
604 words (1.7 pages)
- What are goals. Goals are targets that you take step. Setting goals is important because they push you to improve yourself and help you guide yourself through life. “If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else”. ~David P. Campbell. 1 I think that everyone needs to set goals. It doesn’t matter who you are, you need goals to move forward in life and to improve yourself as a person. When setting goals you can set long-term goals and short-term goals. Long-term goals are goals that take a longer time to accomplish and require a lot of planning.... [tags: Goal, Management, Goal setting]
837 words (2.4 pages)
- Late night fire drills, early morning room evacuations, those are a few of the things that come to mind when I think about my first semester at UCF. I didn’t plan on taking five courses this semester but I did, and I am extremely proud of the progress I have made in each course. Learning how to effectively manage my stress, understanding the importance of setting short term goals and analyzing the amount of time spent effectively, are three of the main points I took away from SLS1501 this semester.... [tags: Goal, Term, Time, Future]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- Since the publishing of the goal setting theory by Locke and Latham (1990), there have been a series of follow up research on the various elements of goal setting likely to influence goal attainment. A number of studies, based off of the discovery of the ponderous influence of goal setting on success, scrutinizing the effects of goals on moderating factors in achievement like self efficacy (Elson & Ginis, 2004), motivation (Elliot & Harackiewicz, 1994), goal sources, commitment, performance and numerous others have been conducted.... [tags: Motivation, Goal, Goal setting, Effectiveness]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- As a leader it is important to have a vision and a goal, but it is even more crucial to have followers who trust in your vision and goals. Trust is developed by displaying positive energy and attitude. Having a goal and a vision helps an organization move into the future. Without a goal or a vision an organization is going nowhere. It is bound to fail. The six steps of goal setting are vision, goals, objective, tasks, timeliness, and follow-up. Creating a mental picture of how the organization will look like in the future is the vision.... [tags: achieving goals and success]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- Anybody who has taken a long car trip to Disney Land with young kids can understand the importance of having a vision and setting goals for reaching that vision. Kids see the vision, Disney Land, Mickey Mouse, Space Mountain, games, and fun. However, kids do not recognize the goals and objectives necessary to reaching that vision. In other words, kids do not recognize the things that must happen between leaving the house and arriving at Disney Land. Consequently, parents spend three days, in the car, listening to their kids ask, “Are we there yet?” Leaders must keep this same scenario in mind.... [tags: Leadership ]
849 words (2.4 pages)
- Goals Analysis I was watching a TV commercial in 1974 of a US Navy Destroyer cutting through the water. The caption for that commercial was "Navy. It's not just a job it's an Adventure" That caught my attention and I realized that I had no job and no future at this point in my life. I had no dreams, no ambitions, no goals and that commercial was about to change all of that. That was the start of me setting my life changing goals. Goal setting is a powerful exercise. When you write down your plans, they have a way of becoming a reality.... [tags: Personal Reflection Goals Dreams]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- There may be some debate when speaking on setting educational goals but I believe people work more efficiently when a plan is in place for them to follow. With the end result being more vivid, more than just a thought in my head, my plans can be utilized for guidance and quick reference. Being capable of setting goals hasn’t usually been the problem for me it’s following them. In the past five weeks I’ve learned that there’s a lot more to constructing a goal than just setting and seeing where it lands.... [tags: Critical thinking, Problem solving, Thought]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- Going to college can prove to be stressful on even the most dedicated of students. Whether attending college right from high school, or returning after a break from school all together. The college environment presents a unique atmosphere, and a varying degree of challenges not generally faced in any other form of schooling. There is no skill more vital to a successful college experience than time management. This essay will discuss some of the challenges faced when trying to adapt to the college environment, as well as discuss the importance of time management, and how you can use this skill to become a better learner.... [tags: college experience, students, setting goals]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- Abstract Goal setting is a key to achieving success in any endeavor. It is very complex to know where one is going if one does not know where to go. Everyone needs goals to be enthused, grow or increase performance especially with strong goals. Setting goals for example helps employees know where they need to go and how they should go about getting there. It also helps employees manage themselves. Employees should set goals that are SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely.... [tags: Business Employees Goals]
1621 words (4.6 pages)