ME- So much to do so little time. What did he say? What paper? Oh crap I have a doctor’s appointment at 4 o’clock. I forgot to tell coach. I’m in trouble. Did I leave the curling iron on, mom’s gonna kill me. Ohh I forgot to wash the dishes last night. What paper is he talking about? I did my biology, Spanish and that paper for theology. I wonder if I have to work next Friday. Hopefully I get out of the doctors on time, my boss hates it when I’m late but I should be okay I don’t start till 6 o’clock. I hope we don’t get a lot of homework. I really need some sleep 4 hours is just not cutting it. School work, practice, eat, sleep I have no life. I just want to go home.
#1-So what’s going on with your research paper? I haven’t heard anything from you yet.
ME- As if I don’t have enough to worry about. They act like we only have one subject. They don’t understand how difficult it is to have a job do your homework and be at practice on time. They say get involved, well ya know what there are only so many hours in a day. No but if I cut out sleep then maybe I can get it all done. If they wouldn’t raise tuition maybe I wouldn’t have to work maybe I would have some time to relax. And another thing I can’t stand…is having the same teacher for two different subjects. Like when it’s English talk about English and when it’s drama don’t talk about English. I mean I’m stressed out enough. They seriously need to give us a break.
#2-Ms. Moser do you have a b...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- DORIAN: I go to County High School in the middle class suburbs. My high school isn't like the ones on T.V. where most students are gang members. Instead, most people shop at the Mall, drive to school in the morning and then they drive home in the afternoon. You see, in the suburbs almost all students drive; you have to unless you want your dad to drive you when you go on a date. In the halls of my school you hear the sound of lockers closing not the sound of gun fire. (The sound of lockers being shut.) Its just an average school.... [tags: Dialogue Essay]
558 words (1.6 pages)
- Dialogue Essay - Ron was Unhappy Ron was unhappy with the way his life had turned out. He had always expected to be a celebrity; a wealthy celebrity. He had not realized that this would probably require a lot of hard work and discipline. He had depended on luck. Luck had let him down. As he looked back on his short life, he could see how often he had had the opportunity to take luck by the throat. But those opportunities were past now. His life no longer had the prospect of wealth or celebrity.... [tags: Dialogue Essays]
1430 words (4.1 pages)
- I met my boyfriend on Snapchat which, if I do say so myself, is a pretty great accomplishment. The summer after my senior year of high school, I was in search of a job that would contribute to my college fund as well as be more enjoyable and fulfilling than an hourly part-time job, it was my last summer before college after all. I ended up working at a summer camp where I developed close friendships, seeing people at their best as they worked to love on the kids that came for a week of camp and worst as they worked to have patience with those same kids all while going days without showering.... [tags: Friendship, High school]
774 words (2.2 pages)
- “The ultimate goal for school-home communication is high standards for student achievement. Communication is effective when it contributes to parent and family involvement toward that end.” (AFT, 2012. p.55). In schools there are a plethora of steps that can be implemented to improve this type of dialogue. School and home communication is a big issue in many schools. Parent and teacher schedules are often times very hectic. So what can we do to make this more of a priority. My school does a great job as we are very flexible in meeting the parents around their work schedule.... [tags: Education, High school, Teacher, Family]
1095 words (3.1 pages)
- The Essentiality of the Classroom Dialogue Occurring at some point in a student’s academic career, he or she will embark on a journey to identify which method of learning best contributes his or her education. As students, we often worry: how can we adapt to an instructor whose teaching style does not quite align with our niche of learning. Perhaps a student fills the role of an auditory learner, a visual learner, or a kinesthetic learner, or any spectrum in between the three. Considering these diverse styles of learning, these niches occupying identities of their own, how can any teacher tend to so many different academic personalities.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Student]
1312 words (3.7 pages)
I Have Spent My Eight Week Practicum At The Woodstock High School Where I Was An Educational Assistant
- I have spent my eight week practicum at the Woodstock High School where I was an Educational Assistant (E.A.). I was expected to help students in various classes with various subjects. We (the students and I) worked on regular class assignments and projects. I also participated in some outings such as grocery shopping for culinary class, bowling for gym class and a special day of town beatification where we picked up garbage in an effort to help clean up the town. While working at the high school I was able to use some of the skills I had learned while in class such as active listening, token economy.... [tags: High school, Education, Laboratory]
1066 words (3 pages)
- What I Think Makes the Fayetteville-Manlius School District Special ** Note everything I discuss and/or have listed I have experienced/observed, this is not a complete representation of what is offered at Fayetteville-Manlius Schools. COURSES What makes the Fayetteville-Manlius, or the FM School District different is that they offer many different levels of courses, along with enriching electives. Each grade level has different sections for each NYS required course. Some in which are slower paced and require more one on one teaching.... [tags: School counselor, High school]
1183 words (3.4 pages)
- Memo Subject: School Day Time Changes I had the privilege to speak with School Committee Member Christian Hurley last evening about Superintendent Smith’s proposal to change the start time for our schools. As the high school principal, the school committee’s decision greatly affects me and my students. Superintendent Smith presented, the research from medical professionals proves that high school students need as much sleep as younger children and they function better later in the morning. You can walk through many of the classrooms in our high school during the first few hours and see this in action (or lack thereof).... [tags: High school, Teacher, School district, Change]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- Throughout high school, english was whatever to me. I never really cared about it other than just getting a paper done and turning it in. I would coast through the class, not putting my full potential into my paper. When I would ask my english teacher to revise my essays, I always received the same feedback “looks good”. I would think to myself like wow I put little amount of effort and my essay still comes out good. That itself made me think that english was pretty easy. Entering english 905, I had no idea what I was getting into.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Thought, Essays]
1862 words (5.3 pages)
- Gimme, Gimme that Funding Each year the local school district, the state, and federal government discuss the funding for the new school year; there they decide where cuts need to be made, what is most important to students’ learning, and how to increase standardized test scores. When money becomes tight and the school board is looking for a way out of debt the first thing to go is the arts program. This includes theater, dance, music, and art. Each year more and more students are loosing out on the opportunity to take an art class or sing in a choir because the school board deemed math, science, and literature more important; however, what the committee is overlooking is the positive impact... [tags: Education, High school, School, Teacher]
1004 words (2.9 pages)