There are five different types of followers as stated by Frisina (2005) in the article Learn to Lead by Following. The types of followers Frisina identified include “yes people”, sheep, survivors, alienated followers, and effective followers.
“Yes people” are those followers that always agree to what the leader is saying. As Wojcicki (2001) wrote in his article, A Role for Followers in These Extraordinary Times, followers must give leaders the time and freedom to develop plans of action. John Kennedy said though, that our role as followers is sometimes only to consent. After the plan is in motion, or an order is given, the role of the employee is to carry out the plan, not argue the strategy. Being a “yes person” means that there is never any disagreement between a leader and a follower. Sometimes a follower might have a better idea and thinks outside the box. A good leader shou...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Hinduism Hinduism is one of the world’s most ancient religions. It is the third largest religion. There are many subjects involved in the Hinduism, such as: Hindu religious structure, art, artifacts, and the different time periods. Hindus practice strict religious beliefs and customs. Hinduism consists of a 1,000 religious groups that have evolved in India since 1500 B.C. Followers of Hinduism are known as Hindus. Hindus live their lives by following the religious guidance of the Vedic scripture.... [tags: History, Religion, Culture]
1054 words (3 pages)
- When followers of Christ share God’s grace and allow the works of the Holy Spirit to become visible to others, this can both preserve others from corruption and lead them to Christ. The Kingdom of God benefits, when the godly lifestyles of those that follow Christ, causes others to realize there is something missing in their lives and they can see part of what is missing in their lives in the lives of believers. Followers of Christ should draw others to Christ. Intended meaning of the Passage The verses in this passage (Matthew 5: 13-16), are an excerpt from “the sermon on the mount”, which is the longest sermon that Jesus preached; or for that matter, the longest sermon that anyone has ever... [tags: Kingdom of God, Good News]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- Undeniably, religions provide a guide for their followers for living the ideal life. Because of this, many religions establish similar expectations when it comes to maintaining such a lifestyle. One of these expectations is to closely follow a statement of rules or laws that are used to guide followers within a religion. In Judaism, this comes in the form of the Ten Commandments which Moses received from Yahweh on the top of Mount Sinai. Similarly, in Christianity, Christians also use the Ten Commandments in attempt to idealize themselves in the eyes of Jesus.... [tags: Islam, Hinduism, Qur'an, Christianity]
1408 words (4 pages)
- Leaders and Followers In management a big part of success is having team work which includes both leaders and followers. A group with all leaders will be very unsuccessful. A group with all followers will also be very unsuccessful. Every successful group has to have a mixture of leaders and followers. In our book, work teams are defined as a small number of people with complementary skills who hold themselves mutually accountable for pursuing a common purpose, achieving performance goals, and improving interdependent work processes.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Idea, Trait]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- Followers and Taboo Language The 500 tweets from those accounts with the most followers, and those with the least followers, were collected, and put into Wordsmith to generate two separate word frequency lists, one of words used by Twitter users with the most followers, and one of words used by Twitter users with a very low number of followers. These word lists were then pared down to show only the taboo lexical items searched for in the original sample (derived from Thelwall 2008), allowing for a more direct comparison of the taboo lexical items used by those tweeting to a large audience, and those tweeting to a smaller audience.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, Cunt, Motherfucker]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- The diversity among people is widely spread throughout the world. One can be grouped into various ways. People come in all shapes, sizes, colors, personalities, genders, and interests. LIfe would be hectic for someone to try and categorize people in every way possible. At least people are not the only thing impossible to fully separate. Animals and plants can also be placed into different categories. People can be classified into three categories: Leaders, Followers, and Independents. Undoubtedly, Leaders can be further broken down into quite a few ways.... [tags: Leadership, Sociology, Management, Want]
704 words (2 pages)
- Just as there can not be ‘too many cooks in the kitchen’ a company cannot run solely on leadership. Without followers, leaders would be unable to get the job done. But do companies understand the importance of their followers/workers and are they giving them the respect they deserve. Barbara Kellerman researched the campaign for Audi car company and their campaign slogan `Never Follow.` The ad ran successfully for five years until 2007 the slogan was finally abandoned. It was so successful because it “tapped into a fear rooted deep in the American psyche” (Kellerman, p3).... [tags: Business Management]
1838 words (5.3 pages)
- The Attributes of the Followers of the Sufi Tradition The attributes of the followers of the Sufi tradition are attributes that serve to loosen their connection to the world while bringing them closer to God. The attributes they have distinguish them from ordinary people. According to Teachings of the Sufis, by Carl Ernst, they are strict followers of a master, strive to be humble, and try to live without worldly possessions and desires. At the core of the practice of Sufism is reliance on the truth of God.... [tags: Papers]
452 words (1.3 pages)
- Followers plan an active role in the process of leadership. By being a follower, it does not mean that one is inferior to a leader, but that they simply play a different role. Webster’s dictionary defines follow as to come or occur after, but it does not necessarily imply a causal relationship with what goes before. A follower is part of the team. A quarterback cannot win the game without the efforts of the entire team. He can throw or run the ball but without his team members blocking, he will not make the touch down.... [tags: essays research papers]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- Followers of Christianity and Their Teachings Dr. Martin Luther King, an American baptist, is famous for his ongoing fight against racism. In th southern states of the USA during the 1950s and the 1960s, America and racsim was at it's worse. Southern Africa was set to follow in America'a steps. Black people wages were below half of the whites, most were not allowed to vote, and many places were for white people only. Many black people believed that all white people were evil, but Martin Luther King did not believe this idea.... [tags: Papers]
700 words (2 pages)