During my years of living, I have experienced many things. Many of which have made me who I am today. Many of the things I have done have caused me to want more in life, to expand not only my knowledge, but also my horizons. In reflecting back on what I have done in life, it shows me that I am well on my way of doing that. I feel as though I am a very determined, hard-working, versatile person who is ready for college and the world. Various factors have caused me feel this way.
My interest in education is the reason I have great confidence in my ability to succeed in the college environment. As a member of the National Honor Society (NHS), I know what hard work is. I have participated in several academically beneficial programs with my school including: NHS, student council, the junior planning committee, and the college excel program. These programs have trained me for the pressures of the real world, forcing me to multitask in order to meet various deadlines. It has allowed me to become a well-rounded person. This will help me in the future with the strains that career may place on me.
The most memorable education experience is my experience with the college excel program. This program made me a student at Devry University where I took computer and electrical engineering classes. This introduced me to the liberal environment that college life brings to the table. Through this program, I started on my potential major, and was place...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Statement A personal statement is a document required in education programs as well as when one is applying for a job. It is a document that is written to describe a person’s strength or weakness. It is therefore an important document that one must always have ready any time anywhere. Personal statements do not have to look the same. They may be written focusing on one’s interest for example a personal statement written specifically to apply for a specific job. What appears inside is what gives that person credibility on whether to get the job or not.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Statements, Want]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Financial Analysis A mission statement is a written statement that tells others what the company does. The mission statement in a very short form explains to readers how they operate in a general sense. Mission statements are not super specific or detailed just general. “A mission statement is a concise statement of a company 's reason for being, what it actually does, and for whom. It should contain what products and services the company produces for which target market, as well as how it considers itself different or unique.... [tags: Strategic planning, Statements, Mission statement]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- Personal Finance Personal Finance is a class I’ve wanted to take for a while now. My major is Finance not because I want a career in finance but more to learn about finance for my own personal situation. This class taught me so much. During this class I was able to evaluate my financial situation and set financial goals for myself. The four topics that helped me the most were emergency savings, buying a car, purchasing a home, retirement, and estate planning. After completing this class I have a better understanding of these topics and how to achieve my financial goals.... [tags: Investment, Pension, Personal finance, Automobile]
1820 words (5.2 pages)
- Law is a magnificent puppeteer which aims to control civilisations. The great philosopher Aristotle stated: 'Law should govern'. In view of that, the regulation of a society should be based on these set of rules established by an authority, which are designed to create economic, social and political stability. It is what maintains our societies and prevents an eruption of chaos and destruction. Law has an impact on everything we do, from creating a personal statement where copyright infringement laws take prevalence, deterring individuals from engaging in plagiarism, to criminal law which protects society from harmful individuals.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- What is an income statement. The progress of any business depends on the fine evaluation and distribution of monetary assets. Incomes and expenditures of a company are vital in understanding profit or loss of a company. Hence, income statements are formulated in order to track the cash flow and create decisive plans for the progress of a business. It is also known as profit and loss account, revenue statements, earning statements and operating statements. Keep in mind that an income statement is only part of a company’s financial statement.... [tags: Income statement, Balance sheet, Revenue]
1823 words (5.2 pages)
- Personal Career Statement I developed a love for public health very early in my career, after a brief life changing experience in rural Nigeria. My medical school had closed for six months in my fifth year, because of a strike. I decided to go back to my village in rural eastern Nigeria, to stay with my elderly grandmother. She had diabetes and was showing signs of Alzheimer’s disease. I loved her dearly and wanted to help with her care. My village had no electricity and no health care facility.... [tags: Health care, Healthcare, Health care provider]
1517 words (4.3 pages)
- Solution #1 Let’s take an example of someone with two years of self-employment but the two years of federal income tax returns show $70,000 in one year and $120,000 in the second. When averaging this income, the gross monthly used for qualifying is $7,916. If the borrower needs $9,000 per month to qualify, this loan application would be denied. However, with a loan program that only uses the most recent income tax return and not average the last two years, the borrower could be approved using the $120,000 annual income.... [tags: Debt, Loan, Credit, Personal finance]
716 words (2 pages)
- For some students a report card is an accurate reflection of their abilities, aspirations, and future work habits. Many friends of mine have flawless, or near flawless, report cards. Straight A's and weighted GPA's well over 4.0 grace their every progress report, and I am certain they will continue this streak of academic excellence well into the future. For others, C's, D's and fail's are a normal occurrence, and much like the straight A students, I have no doubt that they will continue down this path.... [tags: Personal Experience]
783 words (2.2 pages)
- My best (and favorite) subject in school is Math. Ever since I was very little I have loved math, and worked very hard at it. When I do not fully understand topics I do extra problems to make sure that they become clear to me. I spend a lot of time working on math to make sure I understand the topics throughly. I have been in math clubs since 4th grade, and in 7th grade I represented my school at the MathCounts® competition where I won a two silver pins. I won the Virginia State Math Award in 7th grade, and this year I got an 800 in math on my SSAT.... [tags: Personal Experience]
759 words (2.2 pages)
- Advice on the Personal Statement In the application process, the personal statement marks an opportunity to lend a face to the facts, through what can be a very flat colorless medium: paper and ink. Do not, however, think of the personal statement as a mini-autobiography, where the emphasis is on listing the facts in chronological order. Instead, treat the noun on equal par with the adjective; just as important as the personal content of your essay is its ability to make a statement, to perform as an argument.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
480 words (1.4 pages)