The origins of mankind is an extremely controversial issue within today’s society. Scientists have a host of different theories pertaining to man’s inhabitance of earth. Many disagreements arise between scientists who have different beliefs pertaining to where and how mankind arose. One such argument is the conflict involving the theory of evolution versus the theory of creation. After extensive scientific research, it is apparent that the theory of evolution is correct. Evolution is the theory that life arose by natural processes at an early stage of the earth’s history and that complex organisms developed from simpler organisms by a process of slow change. It is the idea that new species rise from older species after thousands of years of gradual chemical, environmental, and genetic change. Evolution can be described as the complex processes by which living organisms originated on earth and have been diversified and modified through sustained changes in form and function “Evolution”. Scientists, looking for an explanation to the origin of man and other organisms created this evolutionism theory, which also presented answers to the many asked questions dealing with similarities between species. Unlike the theory of creation, which states that the complexity of life and different species can only be explained in terms of a supernatural creator or god who placed life on earth, the theory of evolution has a plethora of evidence proving it to be true “Creation”. There are several different types of observations that support the theory of organic evolution as an explanation for the similarities and the differences among species. One such observation is in the geologic record. The geologic record is the rock scheme found within the earth’s outer crust. By means of radioactive dating, the ages of rocks in many places on earth have been determined. It is a timetable of the earth’s geologic history. This combined with the fossil record, another observation supporting the evolutionary hypothesis, has produced an apparent sequence of life forms from most simple to most complex during the history of the planet. Fossils are any remains or traces of a once-living organism, which are formed by preservation, petrifaction, or sedimentation. Organisms can be preserved and protected against decay by being trapped in amber, tar, or frozen in ice. The hard parts of ...
... middle of paper ...
... the world could have been created in six days. Even though Scopes was found guilty of contradicting creationism and the Bible’s teachings, the persuasion of the defense’s case brought up the major question of evolution versus creation. In 1996, the issue was revisited and now teachers have the right to teach both theories. The Attorney General said the constitutional separation of church and state would be violated if both theories were not acceptable. This trial was a major step for those who believed in evolution. The outcome eventually allowed for people to open their eyes and accept new ideas. The theory of evolution proved to be true “Monkey”. The controversy over whether evolution or creation is the correct answer to human origins is a major topic of discussion and argument in today’s society. People are entitled to their beliefs, but a great deal of evidence and supporting information has confirmed the theory of evolution to be factual and accurate. By combining all of this information along with comparisons between man and ape and the discoveries of humanlike fossils, the truth is apparent. The theory of evolution in my opinion is correct.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The earliest is believed to have risen from apes. This species have been quadruples. The man originated from earliest forms. Evolution of man is mainly explained by the theory of evolution this is the evolution theory written by Charles Darwin. This theory is based on facts that early man originated from a common ancestry. Natural selection is mainly through natural selection, life on earth come from most ever primitive structures that lived million years ago and to change with time man continues to evolve to date.... [tags: Human evolution, Human, Charles Darwin, Evolution]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- Evolution, what is evolution. Evolution is the process by which different kinds of organisms have changed and adapted from their earlier forms. Evolution relates so closely to biology because biology is the study of life and evolution is how living organisms have adapted to the environment. My goal for this paper is to explore evolution in mammals, the basic theory of evolution, beliefs of evolution, the main contributors of evolution, evolution in humans, evolution in monkeys, things that humans lost from evolution, as well as extinctions.... [tags: Evolution, Charles Darwin, Biology]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- “Evolution is the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth”. Evolution occurs within species and not individuals. Some people believe that evolution theory is a myth and it lacks scientific evidence and others believe that there is supporting evidence. Evolution in the living organisms is believed to have been continuing for the past three thousand million years. Evolution theory is not a modern discovery as it appeared in early writings.... [tags: Evolution, Charles Darwin, Natural selection]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- All cultures have origin stories or legends to explain their beginning and the beginning of the world. Some culture stories are based in creationism, and others are based in the science of evolution. Evolution is a widely accepted theory of how species change over time. There are four forces of evolution-- mutation, gene flow, genetic drift, and natural selection-- all of which have an effect on all species undergoing adaptation. From microevolution to macroevolution, change is happening to all the time.... [tags: Evolution, Population genetics, Genetics, Gene]
1295 words (3.7 pages)
- In all parts of the the world both past and present, mankind searches for the answers how earth and its complex life forms came to be. Over the years there have been many theories that have surfaced, but the one most popular is the evolution theory. Evolution is taught now in science classrooms all over the world, the concepts based on charles darwin’s theory regarding evolution and natural selection. The science community has accepted evolution has how the earth came into form. however since no one present when the earth was created no one knows for sure, but there is one theory that explains how, why, and when, and that is creation.... [tags: Evolution, Charles Darwin, Natural selection]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- How evolution happens Evolution is change.S Evolution is a certain species changing to become better adapted to their surroundings and in the end this modification causes this species to become a new breed altogether. There was no scientist that understood how evolution works until Charles Darwin and Alfred Russel Wallace (See figure 1) explained it to them. Lots of scientists had realised that plants and animals change with time, as palaeontologists could track the evolution of life in the fossil record.... [tags: Evolution, Natural selection, Charles Darwin]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Since the publishing of Charles Darwin’s Origin of Species, where the theory of evolution has arisen from, people have debated Creationism versus Evolution. Through supporting facts and statements the theory of evolution will be defended as being more than just a theory, and proven as fact. Evolution as a fact is reinforced through; scientific studies on DNA, genetics and its mutilation, the Fossil Record and the change in earlier species that has been found, and finally the distribution of related species of animals over a broad geographical range.... [tags: evolution]
625 words (1.8 pages)
- Man could not evolve to any other state, because he was made in the ultimate state. He was made in the image and likeness of the Father so there was no need for evolution; hence, there was no sign of evolution from the beginning. Since sin came into the world, man has been deceived into thinking there is evolution. We are not talking about the theory of evolution that says man started from an amoeba or as an ape and eventually began to walk upright; not that evolution, but evolution in the sense of development.... [tags: Evolution]
1355 words (3.9 pages)
- What makes a primate a primate. A primate is defined by its many incredible features. A primate is a mammal that has certain characteristics such as: flexible fingers and toes, opposable thumbs, flatter face than other mammals, eyes that face forward and spaced close together, large and complex cerebrum, and social animals. What makes a primate a primate is its characteristics. Some of the physical features primates are identified by is their teeth, snouts, eyes, ears, arms, legs, fingers, and toes.... [tags: Evolution]
687 words (2 pages)
- The purpose of this essay is not to prove “Darwinian” evolution, as the writer would be performing a feat already done by others, but to examine a certain track of thought amongst Creation proponents. Specifically their noting certain improbabilities of evolution's ability to “design.” I'll evade defining the individual concepts because they've all been described before, and far better than I could manage, although I'll point out that micro/macro evolution distinction is largely Creationist lingo, as is the “kind” terminology.... [tags: Evolution]
1386 words (4 pages)