Electronic Mail, a means of communication that is growing at a very rapid rate. In this paper, I will write about introduction of e-mail, the advantage and disadvantage of e-mail, mailing lists, sending an e-mail message, sending attachments, e-mail improvement, and security features. Introduction of Electronic Mail Electronic mail (E-mail) has become popular and easy way of communication in this decade. E-mail is a method of sending and receiving document or message from one person to another. E-mail is not only replacement for postal mail and telephones, and also it is a new medium. E-mail send plain text, images, audio, spreadsheets, computer programs can attach to an e-mail message. Using the e-mail, you must have a computer on a network. The computer must require a modem and phone line. Sending and receiving e-mail needs an e-mail program. Every e-mail user requires an e-mail address. This e-mail address is similar to a postal address. E-mail address is written as username@domain, for instance, PCLEE@juno.com. The username is used for sending and receiving e-mail.
E-mail systems are already widespread around the world within this decade. Nowadays, if you mail a letter to your friend who is thousand miles away from you, how long would you expect your friend will receive it? Normally, by using the traditional postal system, it might need one to two weeks to transport the letter. However, e-mail system can handle this task by only a minute or ev...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Hacker It was a lonely Saturday night. The wind was howling through the branches of the old oak tree outside my window. The branches swayed back and forth, creating faint tapping and screeching sounds on the glass. And so, I sat… It was a night like any other; my music playing in the background and the room was illuminated only by the changing shades of green from my lava lamp. I waited. Suddenly, a came from the system unit of my computer, signalling that it was ready. I sat in my big leather chair, leant forward, and logged on.... [tags: essays research papers]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Electronic Mail and The Written Word Imagine a world without cyber culture technology. Picture using telegrams, typewriters, and payphones to connect to the world, sending all correspondence through mail, and leaving messages on home answering machines. At one time, these outdated items were the wave of the future. Mark Twain couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw the typewriter. Why aren’t these technical advances not good enough anymore. Why have these ways of communicating become historical artifacts.... [tags: Writing Technology Technological Papers]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- Electronic Mail (e-mail) Electronic Mail, a means of communication that is growing at a very rapid rate. In this paper, I will write about introduction of e-mail, the advantage and disadvantage of e-mail, mailing lists, sending an e-mail message, sending attachments, e-mail improvement, and security features. Introduction of Electronic Mail Electronic mail (E-mail) has become popular and easy way of communication in this decade. E-mail is a method of sending and receiving document or message from one person to another.... [tags: essays research papers]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- It is important to present information clearly, concisely, and professionally in all forms of electronic communication. While the lack of face to face communication can be a benefit to some, it can be a detriment to others if they do not fully understand the etiquette of business e-mail. Misunderstood e-mails can result in a loss of business relationships, a bad reputation, and a possible loss of profits. Electronic communications are becoming more and more prevalent in business today. Because it is quick and efficient, businesses are using e-mail and texting more frequently for internal communications, and social media for external communications and marketing, more than ever before.... [tags: Communication, E-mail, Meaning of life, Message]
1360 words (3.9 pages)
- This election has forced many of us to understand that e-mails are one of the least secured methods of communicating that exist today. The content of our e-mails, how we send them, and store them is something that we all should pay close attention too. According to the 2013-2017 Radicarti Group, Inc. E-mail Statistic Report, about two hundred and six billion e-mails are sent and received per day. That is eight point five billion an hour, or one hundred and forty-one million a minute, or two point five million a second.... [tags: E-mail, Internet, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol]
1108 words (3.2 pages)
- Electronic Communication The ability to communicate electronically via email has certainly changed the world and in effect made the world a much smaller place. The ability to reach out and communicate to the roughly ten percent of the world that has access to the Internet is certainly amazing and one can only wonder what the communication landscape will look like in the not to distant future. The rapid proliferation of cell phone technology coupled with a drive to bring wireless and cell technology to the roughly 90 percent of the planet that is not connected, will make the preceding technical changes seem minor in scale.... [tags: E-mail, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol]
1309 words (3.7 pages)
- Business owners or entrepreneurs do want to grow their business. The primary goal is to get more leads and have better conversion rate. In this digital age you can easily reach customers located in any part of the globe. This is possible because of digital marketing which promotes your products & services on various platforms. As these days there are various marketing methods are available such as Search engine optimization, Mobile marketing and Social media etc. But e-mail marketing has made its own unique place and is one of the cost-effective methods of marketing.... [tags: Marketing, Search engine optimization, E-mail]
710 words (2 pages)
- Nothing brightens my mood than to open to find a personal card sent by a loved one, friend, or colleague. But, that occurrence declines year after year, for the daily mail morphs into an endless pile of bills, coupons, and presidential election flyers. Nowadays, the only card I can expect to see in my mailbox is the credit card companies with their customer acquisition offers. The personal touch of handwritten cards ensures the purposes of the USPS are still there but not used to its fullest extent or availability.... [tags: United States Postal Service, Mail, United States]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- Is E-mail Always Better than Snail Mail. For many of us, turning on the computer and checking for e-mail messages has become as much a part of our daily routine as a trip to the mailbox. The growing popularity of e-mail makes us wonder how we ever survived without it. E-mail has many advantages over regular mail, including speed, low cost, and convenience. In our enthusiasm for e-mail, however, we would be unwise to abandon the post office altogether. For some purposes, e-mail is a poor substitute for "snail mail," both in our personal lives and in the business world.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Argument Essays]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- “E-mail, used by more than 7 million college students, is easier, quicker, and more spontaneous than regular mail.” (“College-to-Home E-mail”) Although electronic mail has made it possible for college students to keep in contact quickly and easily with friends and family, it can become impersonal and cause misunderstandings. When the internet brought electronic mail, otherwise known as e-mail, into our homes, our lives from then on have forever been changed. E-mail is mail sent over the computer online through an e-mail carrier such as America Online, Hotmail, or Yahoo.... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
1598 words (4.6 pages)