Do you think? When was the last time you really sat down and thought about something? Was it a few minutes ago or a few months ago? Our society is so reliant on someone else thinking for them that we have become a co-dependent culture.
Did you watch the news today? Was some guy on a killing spree? A serial killer. Did you ever wonder if they felt any mercy for the person as they killed them, each one of them? Or maybe they were merciless and they felt nothing. Or maybe, just maybe, they are a figment of your imagination.
Did you wake up this morning or are you still dreaming? Or are you possibly in a computer generated and controlled world that will keep you there until you wake up, like in the movie the Matrix?
Are people fond of you or do people hate you? Maybe as you were walking past that person this morning and you said hi and they smiled and waved back, they were just doing it to make you go away. Or maybe they have a crush on you. Maybe, in the middle of that movie you were watching in English class, there was a subliminal message that said "FOOD" and so you thought you were hungry.
Is there really an afterlife or do you just die and cease to exist? A Heaven? A Hell? ANd ghosts. Are they there? Are they what give you the shivers when you're waking up in the middle of the night, wondering if someone is lurking around the corner? ALiens? Do they exist or are they just some media generated piece of America's collection of dreams? If they ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “What do you think you’re doing. Charlie, you need to sit down, that was our condition. You could come to this meeting as long as you stay seated and things didn’t become too heated,” Dr. Lana said in a firm tone that made Charlie snort. “Sorry, mom,” he rolled his eyes with thick sarcasm in his voice. “What are you doing, Charlie?” Demetria asked. “You shut the fuck up,” Charlie pointed at Demetria with a glare. He waved Scarlett towards him, but she just stared at him. He rolled his eyes and rolled his neck around.... [tags: Debut albums]
1479 words (4.2 pages)
- “There“There’s no burr in my breeches. I’m just... anxious for patrol to end.” This had been the longest patrol in Percival’s memory. Normally, he loved riding along the western path of the woods, taking in the lush beauty the forest offered. But today, all he wanted to do was return to the castle and speak with Fleur. He had to learn what was troubling her so deeply. Gwaine reined his horse to a halt beside Percival. “I think you should be impressed with me.” “And why is that?” “Because we have been out here all day, and I have not asked you once about what happened with Fleur last night.... [tags: Debut albums, 2007 singles]
1889 words (5.4 pages)
- 1. Describe a particular scene or moment in the film you thought was moving or insightful. Why did this specific scene or moment affect you. A particular scene in the film I thought was moving is when Dominque got rape by multiple men and them leaving her in an abundant car. It hurts to know that she had to go through something as horrible as that to convince her to go home to her family. It affects me because she was just a child looking for love in all the wrong places. From my understanding she did not know any better, she just wanted to be loved no matter the circumstances.... [tags: Human trafficking, Prostitution]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- Throughout the semester we have discussed in class a great deal of topics pertaining to Human Rights including the rights of the individual whether they be man, woman, child or gay, lesbian, or transsexual. We have also discussed the rights of countries and their practices and whether or not we should interfere with them considering some of these practices are brutish and are carried out in devastating fashion (Female Circumcision). As a whole the class, along with our good friend Jack Donnelly, came to a conclusion that we should interfere in the most extreme cases even if it broke the law.... [tags: Culture ]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- Are You What They Think. Once a young man asked me how I would write the word, “love”. I took out a paper and a pencil and wrote LOVE using the standard English alphabet. I looked at him and saw a baffled expression on his face. Then I realized that he was expecting that I would be writing in Chinese characters. Oh, yes. I am Asian; therefore, I must be Chinese and must write in characters. It is part of human nature to judge others on the basis of their skin color, facial features, manner of speaking, perceived preferences, and other qualities.... [tags: Stereotype, Stereotypes]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- All my life I have been taught to think before I act, in order to prevent myself from making a mistake. Yet, I have learned through my many errors in life not to duplicate my unfortunate actions. Many times I have been told to consider the consequences of my actions prior to acting. I have found, though, that this may not always be the best approach. I would not argue this to be true in every situation, however. What is to be said, for example, of those who have acted on their emotions, only to find themselves in prison.... [tags: Psychology]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- My friend Hannah was always the rebel child. The party scene was definitely where she called home, and the only rule she had, was that there were no rules. At just sixteen, Hannah already had 3 tattoos. In Oklahoma, the law states that no person under the age of eighteen years old can get a tattoo, legally. Hannah had gone to a guy who had been fired from his job for giving underage tattoo’s, knowing that he would give her one for a cheap price. She didn’t care about the health hazards, or the consequences that were possible.... [tags: Tattoos]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- When you think of prescription drugs, what comes to mind. What immediately thrust itself to the forefront of my consciousness are those annoying television commercials. I know you know are familiar with the ones to which I am referring; the ones that interrupt your favorite television shows right when you are on the edge of your seat with suspense. My favorites are the ones for depression where the sufferers are miraculously back in business after asking requesting a prescription from their doctor and are now happy and loving life.... [tags: Pharmacology, Food and Drug Administration]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Do You Think. Do you think. When was the last time you really sat down and thought about something. Was it a few minutes ago or a few months ago. Our society is so reliant on someone else thinking for them that we have become a co-dependent culture. Did you watch the news today. Was some guy on a killing spree. A serial killer. Did you ever wonder if they felt any mercy for the person as they killed them, each one of them. Or maybe they were merciless and they felt nothing. Or maybe, just maybe, they are a figment of your imagination.... [tags: Creative Writing Thinking Philosophy Essays]
575 words (1.6 pages)
- Rabies: Closer Than You Think Rabies, a virus of the nervous system and salivary glands is a fast moving killer; it’s not something to mess around with. Rabies comes from the Latin word “to rage”. Rabies is easily associated with rage. When people think of rabies, they usually think of a mad raccoon or dog, foaming at the mouth and running around crazy; dying soon after. The thought of going crazy is a pretty reasonable guess for how rabies torments its victims. The virus enters through a bite or transfer of infected saliva and makes its way through the nerves toward your spinal cord and brain.... [tags: science]
1555 words (4.4 pages)