Delegation is a complex process that can be quite effective in accomplishing work. It is one of the most effective professional management strategies used which is an art and a skill. Delegation allow managers to transfer work to subordinates, getting work done through others or as directing the performance of one or more people to accomplish organization goals, and turning one authority and responsibility for doing a job to a subordinate; explaining the ‘what’ and ‘why’ of a selected problem or job, while leaving the how to the subordinate (Managing & Leading: Concepts, 1997, p.146).
Managers in my organization delegate as part of their management responsibilities to assign the right position or job to the best qualified person that they think can do the job and do the job right. Managers in my organization use delegation because it allows them to achieve more productivity for the company. Managers in my organization delegate to make sure everybody understand what is wanted and expected of all team members on delegated tasks. Managers in my organization delegate someone who really wants to do the task. If he/she may not know exactly how or what to do but if she wants to do it she will seek out the appropriate resources or
find help to complete the task (Valerie Gatlin-Best, 1997, pg. 313). Managers in my organization delegate a task- the person being delegated to does not feel demeaned; be consistent-delegate certain tasks to certain people; stimulate personnel by encouraging others; be open, honest when looking at the picture as a whole ...look for positives/not negatives(Debby Kennedy, 1997, p.312). Managers in my organization are accountable for what ever goes on (or does not go on) in their departments. If subordinates make mistakes because they...
... middle of paper ...
...loyees’ knowledge and experience to get the results they want.
Delegation is effective when an organization functions well and every individual believe their part is vital to the well-being of the organization as a whole. To be effective managers should never ask an individual to do something that you are not willing to do yourself. Managers should know the people whom they are delegating tasks to in order to match the task with an individual’s skill and talent. Managers should always practice to simply thank individuals after completing specific delegated tasks and treat people with respect at all times.
In conclusion delegation is a vital tool in the work force. It allows more accomplishments
through sharing responsibilities and work load. If give managers the opportunity to receive input from other when tasks are delegated. Effective managers in cooperates opportunities to increase others’s skills and knowledge by simply learning from each other, provide opportunities to increase communication skills, instill encouragement, and to motivate.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Delegation in Management The professional world is a very diverse form of organization and precision. Without company confidence, company respect cannot be achieved. Success is the key to productive company but it is the steps that each company takes that can make or break the life of their company. Most companies are striving to stay ahead of the technology curve while others are just simply trying to meet the demands of their current prospects. Within each organization there is a median of control.... [tags: Business Employee Management ]
1052 words (3 pages)
- What is Delegation. Delegation is, the assignment of authority and responsibility to a subordinate at a lower level. (https://ecampus.phoenix.edu/secure/resource/resource.asp) Basically what this definition means is if you are a Manager in your company, Delegation is the process in which you assign important task to other employees. In doing this process as a manager you must 1) Identify the task that is to be accomplished, 2) Choose the right employee to complete the assignment, 3) give complete and concise directions, 4) The next step is to monitor the progress of the assignment, check back with your employees to see how things are going and to make sure deadlines are being kept.... [tags: essays research papers]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- What is delegation. Delegation is defined as follows: “Getting work done through others or as directing the performance of one or more people to accomplish organization goals (Managing & Leading: Concepts, 1997, p. 146). Delegation is a part of management. It allows managers to assign responsibility to coworkers to achieve organization goals through the work of others. In conclusion delegation is the process of achieving performance of certain outcomes for which you are accountable with other individuals who have the appropriate authority to accomplish the work (Sullivan & Decker, 1992, p.... [tags: essays research papers]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- Delegation Paper According to Batman and Snell (2004), delegation is the assignment of authority and responsibility to a subordinate at a lower level requiring that the subordinate reports back to their manager the results, positive or negative. Within my professional career I have experienced several management styles. With regard to the subject matter of delegation, I have been lead by an experienced, effective, and efficient manager that utilized delegation and the functions of management while employed with Pitney Bowes Management Services (PBMS).... [tags: essays research papers]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- PAPER ON DELEGATION Introduction on the inside view in the Wireless industry, from the management point in delegating part of their management responsibilities. Explain how delegation could be used more effectively in planning, organizing, leading or controlling within the wireless industry. Also I will describe what skill are necessary for effective delegation and how to structure delegation. Structuring Delegation “The first step is to assess what decisions are made and who makes them, using not just your own judgments but the opinions of key managerial people and, more importantly, clerical people.... [tags: essays research papers]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Delegation in itself can be considered one the most misunderstood functions in management responsibilities. Even though there are many of us who find ourselves in this position, the task of delegating responsibilities still has its purpose. When delegating in the military, it is done in a slightly different manner which is not always the same as that of the civilian world. Let's face it, every manager or official has found themselves in the position to where they have to delegate authority to other employees.... [tags: Employee Management Leadership]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- Delegation Authority is legitimized power. Power is the ability to influence others effectively. Delegation is the distribution of authority. Delegation frees the manager to use his or her time on higher priority issues and activities. Although it frees a manager up, it does not free him or her up from the accountability for the actions and decisions of the people below him. That is why the manager must have qualified people underneath him so the actions or decisions that are actually made are along the guidelines that are established for the company or organization.... [tags: essays research papers]
968 words (2.8 pages)
- What is one of the most important questions asked in any organization or business today. How do you decide what needs delegating and how can you trust your team to handle things. How will you handle situations that will determine your success for years to come. There comes a time when you have to look in the mirror and inventory your skills and how best to utilize them with the needs of your organization and yourself. As you grow, the people you manage become a large version of yourself, but they all have there own dynamics which make them unique.... [tags: Business Management]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- Delegation Human Resources Management Ever watch good delegates in action. They know exactly which jobs to hand and to whom. They know the old talents to tap and the new talents to test. Somehow, they even make the busiest people feel privileged to do even more. Delegating is a management tool that should be used in every company out there. Mark Twain once said, “To be good is noble, but to teach other’s how to be good is nobler—and much less trouble.” Webster’s Dictionary defines delegating as entrusting authority to another.... [tags: essays research papers]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- Effective Delegation Introduction This paper will attempt to show what skills are necessary for effective delegation, and how the managers of the author's organization uses delegation in his or her management responsibilities. The paper will also attempt to show how delegation could be used more effectively within the four functions of management in that same organization. Through delegation managers combine task responsibilities and the authority needed to carry out tasks in the organization.... [tags: Business Delegate Definition Essays]
1075 words (3.1 pages)