From a very early age Darren Skanson had a burning passion for music. His
passion grew deeper when realized how much excitement a crowd has when
watching a musical performer. In 1989, Darren graduated from Moorhead State
University with a BA in music.
Darren’s career first began by being a lead guitarist in a heavy metal band.
The band, Mata Hari, split up in 1993. Darren then joined Malcolm Watson, who
was a classical violinist, at Watson and Company. Darren and Malcolm
produced the third CD for Watson and Company. Shortly after the success of
producing this CD the duo traveled nationwide performing. Within a year the
sales had increased from $100,000 to $250,000. Malcolm wanted to move a little
more slowly than Darren in expanding their business to greater heights. Since
Darren was ready to move on, he left Watson and Company to form his own
Darren had a vision to record, produce and sell his own music, as well as the
music of other artists. Jennifer, a long time friend of Darren’s was the booking
agent for his tour. Jennifer did not share the same vision with Darren so they
parted ways and moved on.
Trying to perform, handle CEO duties and handling the promotional marketing
aspect of his business was getting to be too much for Darren. Business was
getting to be complicated. He decided to hire a guy named Andy Harling, who
was a classical guitarist to help with the office duties of the company and to
suggest/implement ways to make CCM function more efficiently.
Darren turned down two performances offered by Jennifer since he was
already booked. However, he did not want to lose the business and the chance
to get his name out there. Darren sent Andy to perform at the two shows. Andy
was very successful and gained the knowledge of how the performances
operate. Darren became a little nervous when he realized that Andy could leave
him and become his competition. Darren then signed Andy to a contract and
launched Andy’s first CD.
Over time, Andy’s responsibilities grew with his performances that Darren
hired an assistant for him.
Recording and productions costs were high for musicians to produce their
records/CD’s. Digital then came into existence and cut the costs of production.
Music is sorted by labels. Because of the low costs in digital recordings it was
possible for sma...
... middle of paper ...
...erent marketing segment and would need to establish their resources and overall marketing clientele.
• Darren’s buyers are mostly between the ages 40 and 60 years old.
• Distribution centers from which he buys his supplies for inventory.
• One-stop centers
• Andrew Thomas Harling
• Music for candles
• Darren should get rid of Jennifer and find someone who is more compatible in helping him reach his goal of expanding nationally.
• Increase product lines.
• Hire someone to operate his marketing, promotion, inventory and production costs and issues so that he can devote his time to tours and concerts.
• Try signing a contract with an artist of the Independent Label level in order to help increase his branding label.
• Hire an agent to sign on new artists rather than doing it himself.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Singers, songwriters, and actors are constantly endeavoring to inspire others in some way, and Darren Criss is no different. Darren Criss has accomplished numerous goals in his twenty-seven years of life, and he has many more to accomplish in the future. He began achieving goals at the age of five when he learned how to play the violin. He continued to strive for greatness as he wrote his first song at the age of fifteen. He brought the Harry Potter series to life when he wrote the songs for, and starred in, a Harry Potter parody musical.... [tags: Acting, Singing, LGBT]
1788 words (5.1 pages)
- The main aspect of interpretation of the Bible that Darren Aronofsky’s film employs is the idea that God doesn’t directly speak to Noah. He knows that he has to gather animals and build the ark in preparation for the flood because of premonitions that he has in his dreams. Because of this, the character of Noah is seen differently than he is seen in the Bible. He is seen as erratic and excessive in his actions against his family, especially when he wants to kill Ila and Shem’s twin girls and when he imposes that once the flood is over, his family should all kill each other.... [tags: Book of Genesis, Bible, Noah's Ark, Adam and Eve]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- In the beginning of the story, Steve Leonard, a friend of Darren’s, steals a flyer from his brother’s room. The flyer advertises the Cirque du Freak, an illegal traveling freak show which will be performing in his town. Darren and his friends play a game of chance to see who would go with Steve to the show, Darren suprisingly wins. The two boys sneak out to see the show at an abandoned theater. They see many amazing and terrifying acts, including a man named Larten Crepsley, who performs with a venomous tarantula named Madame Octa.... [tags: Essay on Cirque du Freak]
562 words (1.6 pages)
- Aside from Darren Aronofsky’s ability to visually tell breathtaking stories, it is his formalistic style of filmmaking that has earned him his recognition in the film industry. Born on February 12, 1969 in Brooklyn, New York, Darren was a self described "Brooklyn Hip-Hop kid." His upbringing was marked by his Jewish heritage. Darren would paint graffiti art on subway cars and film going in Times Square. He had a lot of inspiration around him that led him to have a passion for film and all types of art.... [tags: Film]
1271 words (3.6 pages)
- Darren Aronofsky, born February 12, 1969, is known for his American Films and collaborations with cinematographer Andrew Weisblum and soundtrack composer Clint Mansell. Aronofsky is probably best known for films involving graphic surreal scenes, without a doubt containing drugs, nudity, gore, sex and even sometimes all of the above. While the scenes and script are structured to make its audience’s stomachs drop, it’s the way they fulfill a complete story that makes the work of Darren Aronofsky so unique.... [tags: psycho-sexual film genre]
1362 words (3.9 pages)
- Darren Aronofsky's Requiem for a Dream Requiem for a Dream is a movie that was directed by Darren Aronofsky. It's a story about the decent in to the hell and torment of drug addiction; however, Aronofsky sets out to demonstrate both the seductive ecstasy of a high and the shattering anguish of addiction. Character development is the main focus of Requiem, which is shown through creative camera angles, precise editing, and brilliant acting. This movie blew my mind away, actually I found it difficult to sit through the entire movie without taking a break to go outside just to make sure that reality wasn't as bad as the movie made it seem.... [tags: essays research papers]
673 words (1.9 pages)
- Darren Mansaram Darren Mansaram (or Flash as he is better off known) scored one of the best goals he had ever scored in his short career. Only eighteen years of age, but an up and coming star of the future hit the sweetest of shots to keep Grimsby Town in the F.A Cup. Grimsby was playing Burnley in the third round of the F.A Cup for a place in the fourth round maybe to face one of the premiership big boys. It was a miserable day with snow coming down in buckets. The previous league match at Grimsby was called off because of a waterlogged pitch so this match was lucky to go ahead.... [tags: Papers]
2038 words (5.8 pages)
- The book I read was called Cirque du Freak The Saga of Darren Shan. This is a quick and easy to read thriller for the whole family. Darren Shan tells this 266 page ?true story. about his life as a child wonderfully. This story is an attention grabber and once you start, it will be hard to put down. The setting itself is pretty simple. It starts in what I assume is about a fifth or sixth grade classroom and then falls into the circus. Of course, this is no ordinary circus; it is an ?underground.... [tags: Essay on Cirque du Freak]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- Colorado Creative Music A company without a strategic vision is like a fish out of water gasping for air. This analogy strikes an honest chord with Colorado Creative Music (CCM). In order for a company to be success in the marketplace, it must have a clear vision statement. The company must also be founded by core business competencies that will allow the business to operate flawlessly. This essay will provide an overview of CCM, a situational analysis, a problem analysis including analysis of each business function, recommendations for the company, and a plan for implementing the proposed recommendations.... [tags: Term Papers Research]
1613 words (4.6 pages)
- Darren Aronofsky's Pi Is there an answer, a key to unlocking the mystery of nature, of life, of the universe. In the movie Pi, this question is explored through an intriguing, intense, thought-provoking plot, which leaves the viewer pondering its contents and ideas for hours afterwards. The movie Pi was written and directed by the young producer Darren Aronofsky. As his first big film, Pi won him "Best Director" at the 1998 Sundance film festival. This film was produced in an ideal time to appeal to society's increasing interest for tapping into spirituality and understanding the meaning and purpose of life.... [tags: Film Movie Aronofsky Pi Essays]
1671 words (4.8 pages)