Businesses, financial institution, and other organizations invest in annuities to raise money to pay such expenses as bond debts, notes due, or stock dividends. They also invest in annuities to provide for future needs, such as new facilities and equipment or employee retirement benefits. Individuals may purchase annuities, such as an Individual Retirement Account (IRA), or an insurance policy, from insurance companies, financial institutions, or securities brokers.
An ordinary annuity is a series of regular payments where each payment is made at the end of the payment period. The payment period is the length of time between payments. Payments are usually made annually, semiannually, quarterly, or monthly. The term of the annuity is the length of time from the beginning of the first payment period to the end of the last payment period. The amount of the annuity is the sum of all payments plus their accumulated interest. Their amount is also called the cash value.
The amount of an annuity can be found by using the Amount of an Annuity table. The table lists the value of an annuity of $1 compounded at various rates for various time periods. To find the amount of an ordinary annuity using the annuity table, multiply the payment by the appropriate table value. The interest earned can be found by subtracting the sum of the payments from the amount of the annuity.
Brian purchased an ordinary an...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Math is an essential asset in the business world. Without mathematics businesses wouldn’t be able to operate effectively. In order to run a restaurant math plays an important role in a lot of different areas. For instance the items on the menu may change due to the way it sells. Bookkeeping and math allow you to both figures out what items are profitable and what items are selling. The business world revolves around math, from profit and loss statements, to graphs, to taxes. Everything in business requires mathematics.... [tags: essays research papers]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- My assignment today is to write about math and technology. First I’ll talk about my early experiences with math, and the part it played in my education process. Then, I researched technology, what is and how it works. I interviewed my grandmother about the life she encountered as technology advanced through time. In this paper, I will explore math and technology in education, in our careers, in our homes, in religion and while traveling. As a child, I have always enjoyed the subject, mathematics.... [tags: Education, Learning styles, Technology]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- Isn 't there a ridiculous amount of General Ed required in order to graduate these days. The thought comes to mind that why would schools require math if the student is going to work with animals. Sure, the budgeting is important, but that can be learned in a business class that would be required anyway. General Ed teaches the skills that are needed to graduate with a degree in any given field, and for years this has been widely accepted, except generally by the community college students. If a student is training to become a teacher, then, absolutely, General Ed should be required because that is what they are going to be teaching.... [tags: Education, University, Higher education, Student]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Career and College Research Paper What I would like to do when I graduate from college is work in the world of cyber security. Specifically, I would like to be a cyber security specialist. Cyber security specialists are responsible for creating a secure network for a customer or at their current office in a larger company. When they work for a larger company it is the specialist’s responsibility to make sure that the other employees know exactly how to operate safely around equipment and how to use the equipment in a safe manner.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Information security]
989 words (2.8 pages)
- Paper The value of music education in society has been a significant subject since the time of Plato. Plato wrote about music education in his famous work the Republic: …Education in music is most sovereign, because more than anything else rhythm and harmony find their way to the inmost soul and take strongest hold upon it, bringing with them and imparting grace, if one is rightly trained, and otherwise the contrary. And further, because omissions and the failure of beauty in things badly made or grown would be most quickly perceived by one who was properly educated in music, and so, feeling distaste rightly, he would praise beautiful things and take delight in them and receive them into hi... [tags: essays papers]
2150 words (6.1 pages)
- When it comes to the knowledge's of business, business fits differently among the following knowledge's; theoretical, practical, descriptive, and prescriptive. When it comes to business in a theoretical sense it's rarely seen in my opinion. However, if we are speaking of a financial gain to oneself, instead of an intellectual one then that covers the majority of business professionals. The theoretical aspects of business also have to deal with the individual learning experience. This would be best described as a business class for a business major.... [tags: Management]
446 words (1.3 pages)
- Usefullness of Mathematics in Everyday Life G H Hardy once said that "Very little of mathematics is useful practically, and that little is comparatively dull". This statement is blatantly incorrect. Mathematics appears in virtually all fields in some form or another, and it is the only truly universal language. Even fields considered the opposite of mathematics, such as literature, are filled with different forms of math. Music is based very heavily on numbers, and even religions hold different numbers as sacred.... [tags: Math Mathematics Essays]
1442 words (4.1 pages)
- Fraudulent Activity is not always something that is easily detected in larger firms. The Top level management ultimately is perpetrators of this type of activity. It’s hard to say exactly why they allow theses situations to happen but it is known that they hope to deceive in order for a financial gain whether it is personal and or for the firms gain. While these perpetrators do these tragic things they never focus on the after math. They interrupt the lives of employees, make investors or industry personnel question their liability.... [tags: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission]
1067 words (3 pages)
- Technology is an important part of life and therefore it is an important part of schooling. The National Council for teachers of mathematics states, ?Calculators and computers are reshaping the mathematical landscape, and school mathematics should reflect those changes.. When students go home, they play video or computer games; yet, when they come to school we expect them to want to work in books and complete worksheets. These tasks are quite boring compared to the exciting games they have waiting on them at home.... [tags: Education Computers Mathematics Math]
1315 words (3.8 pages)
- Technology in the Classroom Technology is becoming more and more dominant in our society.Everyday upgrades are being made and new innovations are being discovered. Technology is all around us whether we want it to be or not: it is the vehicles we drive, it can be found in our homes, and can even be found in the grocery store.Every place we look there is some type of technology.I believe technology has had a major impact on our school systems and is still impacting it today.There are those who do not agree, though, that technology has impacted our schools.Eric Gormly writes, “In fact, many theorists point out the overall impact of technology on education has been quite small, manifesting l... [tags: Technology Education Research Paper]
1792 words (5.1 pages)