As we discuss the possibility of emerging into business intelligence software we must keep in mind the overall purpose of using any type of software is to reach strategic goals in order to increase market shares. I will discuss how business intelligence software will allow us to meet those strategic goals. We will establish what type of information and analysis capabilities will be available once this business intelligence software is implemented. We will discuss hardware and system software that will be required to run specific business intelligence software. Lastly, I will give a brief synopsis on three vendors (IBM, Microsoft Microsoft and Oracle) that are dominating the business information software industry today.
The goal to any company succeeding in today?s fast paced high tech world is to establish aggressive strategic goals and a means to meet those goals. The end state of strategic goals is the capturing of your industry market share. Business intelligence software is a means or method to meet the goals. Business Intelligence Software brings together established software into a single working suite that will allow personnel from across the corporation to observe the same information in real time on a day-to-day basis. By implementing business intelligence software into our company, it will allow for a consolidated data collection point. This software will also allow us to tap into this consolidated data using multiple methods and display it in various forms or in real time using different web applications.
The information that can be extracted from the business information software is endless. In the article written by Alison Dragoon, Business Intelligence Get Smart(er), she states the following about data usage; ? ?[Unused data] is still a great source of untapped productivity and competitive advantage for most companies," he says. Just how much data is going unused? Downes guesses companies are extracting value from only about 20 percent of their data.? With this stated by placing all pertinent information into one database allows personnel throughout the company to pull data that will assist in their daily duties. This data can be arranged to track the life cycle of any product from birth to grave. By tracking an item in this fashion allows us to alleviate faulty products in this process or to allevia...
... middle of paper ...
... analysis with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL), online analytical processing (OLAP) and data mining capabilities built into the data server. Additionally, we can add Oracles E-Business Suite Corporate Performance Management system that includes pre-packaged applications for measuring and monitoring business performance. Oracle brings to the table exactly what we are looking for, a proven business information tool that is capable of delivering the information that is required to give us time and accurate information.
Cindi Howson, The Best BI Tool [WWW document] URL http://www.intelligententerprise.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=21400422
Alice Dragoon, Business Intelligence Gets Smart(er) [WWW document] URL http://www.cio.com/archive/091503/smart.html
Unknown, Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing in SQL Server 2005 [WWW document]
Unknown, Introducing SQL Server 2005 [WWW document]
Unknown, IBM, [WWW document] URL http://www.ibm.com/us/
Unknown, Oracle, [WWW document] URL http://www.oracle.com/index.html
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- TBWI Mission Statement A mission statement is a marketing tool that states the organization's purpose (Rouse, M., 2013). TBWI mission statement should be brief, clearly states the purpose of TBWI, and provide a description of what customers and the public should know about TBWI (Rouse, M., 2013). TBWI Mission Statement: The Best Widget Inc. (TBWI) mission is to be the leading virtual organization in the world. TBWI uses information technology as a tool to improve the organization productivity and efficiency.... [tags: Enterprise Resource Planning]
1314 words (3.8 pages)
- “An Executive Dashboard is a visual representation, that gives executive a quick and easy way to view their company’s performance in real time”. Most of the organizations prefer dashboards for the great visibility and insights to know exactly what’s going on in business. One famous quotes “if u can’t measure it, you can’t improve it”. Dashboard helps in improving the performance of the any organization and leads to success. Tableau is the visual of analyzing the solution from the data which it allows the people to explore and analyze the data by the simple form of drag-and- drop operations.... [tags: Business intelligence, Analytics, Tableau Software]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- SAS is an American developer of analytical software, which helps to manage and analyze data in order to aid in decision making. The company is the world’s largest private software company. Its software is used by almost 80% percent of Fortune 500 companies. SAS is respected amongst companies and customers are more likely to prefer companies which uses SAS. On the other hand, SAS products are expensive (starting at $1 million), and larger companies have started buying business intelligence companies to compete with SAS.... [tags: Motivation, Employment, Business intelligence]
706 words (2 pages)
- Introduction As the business environment changes and becomes more complicated, enterprises are under huge stress to respond and be innovative to such conditions. Enterprises decision making needs to quick and strategic and so making such decisions can be very complex. What this report of Business intelligence (BI) will describe is the tools available to manager to support such decisions, the possible benefits and the limitations of BI. (Turban et al., 2011) Turban et al., (2011, p. 28) describes business intelligence (BI) as ‘an umbrella term that combines architectures, tools, databases, analytical tools, applications, and methodologies.... [tags: Business intelligence]
3296 words (9.4 pages)
- Software development process is similar to manufacturing a physical product like a car or some other electric appliance. In manufacturing the creation of a product is heavily process driven. You may have a factory where each person has a specific set of tasks they follow. A worker (or robot) may tighten a screw all day long. Then the next task in the process is performed by the next specialist. The workers (and robots) do not deter from the process or make something up "on the fly". The parts churn through the through the process, and the output is a finished product.... [tags: Software development process]
1842 words (5.3 pages)
- CENTRAL ARKANSAS BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE Business Intelligence (BI), what is it. Why is BI important to the small business owner. More importantly, why is should a small business hire someone to help analyze their “data”. What can a consultant know about a Used Car Dealership, Fast Food restaurant, or a Law Office. That question while relevant is not a question that will be answer within this proposal. This proposal will focus on how Central Arkansas Business Intelligence, through “Data Analysis” and “BI Tools” can and will help any business, small or large, in Central Arkansas become a “Data Aware” business.... [tags: Business Proposal]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- I am Koteswara Rao Chandra, doing MS (CIS) in California University of Management and Sciences – San Diego. Before starting MS in calums, I worked as Assistant Software Engineer in Choice Software Ltd – Hyderabad, India for 18 months. I worked on MSBI (Microsoft Business Intelligence) and Java technologies. Choice Software Limited is a premier global Information Technology industry-focused Implementation and outsourcing Services Provider with an exceptional track record of providing high quality, on-budget, and on-time solutions to demanding clients.... [tags: Software development process, Waterfall model]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Several organizations are fruitful in seeing how to meet client desires, increase new clients and expand profitability and effectiveness by utilizing business insight and data analytics. The instruments and procedures utilized by business intelligence give ongoing understanding with the goal that organizations can distinguish opportunities, dangers and track slants rapidly. Gathering information alone is futile until it is analyzed. This is where data analytics come in. Data analytics is the procedure of acquiring and assessing information utilizing particular programming with the reason for separating valuable data.... [tags: Business intelligence, Analytics, Data analysis]
1044 words (3 pages)
- The most common purpose for (BI) systems is to aid in the decision making process. BI systems collect data, store the gathered information in data warehouses, analyze the data and then present the data in easy to understand applications for the decision making process. The following studies research the role that BI systems play in the decision making process. The Role of BI in Decision Making Overview. Isik, Jones, and Sidorova (2013) conducted a study that explored the following research questions “(1) What is the relationship between various BI capabilities and BI success.... [tags: business intelligence, decision ]
1814 words (5.2 pages)
- Introduction The dynamics of our society bring many challenges and opportunities to the business world. Within the last decade, hundreds of jobs have emerged particularly in the technology sector to help keep up with the ever-changing world and to compete on a larger and better scale than the competition. Two key job markets and the basis of this research paper are business intelligence or BI and data mining or DM. These two fields play a very important role in small to large companies and are becoming higher desired sectors within the back offices of the workplace.... [tags: Business]
1331 words (3.8 pages)