From Creation to Extinction
II. Choosing the Brand Name
A. Take a Stand
B. Narrow the Focus
C. Beware of Brand Inflation
D. Expand the Business
III. Advertising the Brand Name
A. Logo Sizes
B. Attention Getting
2. Mention the Product
3. Show the Product
4. Show the Name and Logo
5. Call Attention to the Logo
6. Headline Company Names
7. Use Theme Lines
A. Build Brand without Mass Media
1. Let Brand Strategy Drive the Business Strategy
2. Clarify the Brand’s Identity
3. Create Brand Visibility
4. Involve the Customer
5. Make it Happen
B. Creative Brand Building
1. “Give Away the Farm”
2. Conduct “War” Using Public Relations
3. Work the Web
4. Make it Funny
C. Extend the Brand Name Across More Product Lines
V. Brand-Consumer Relationships
A. Love and Passion
B. Self Concept Connection
F. Partner Quality
G. Nostalgic Attachment
VI. Routes to Brand Extinction
A. Brands Must Satisfy Emotional Needs
B. Brands Decline When Fads and Trends are the Only Focus
C. Brands Fail When Emotional Need and Fads and Trends are not Satisfied
... middle of paper ...
...almost guaranteeing a long, prosperous product life cycle that is sure to stay fresh in everyone’s mind.
• Aaker, David A. & Joachimsthaler, Erich, “Building Brands Without Mass Media”, Harvard Business Review, January-February 1997, pp.39-50.
• Del Vecchio, Gene, “Keeping it Timeless, Trendy”, Advertising Age, March 23, 1998, p.24.
• Etzel, Michael J., Walker, Bruce J., & Stanton. William J., Marketing, 11th ed., Irwin/McGraw-Hill, 1997, p.242.
• Evans, Richard. “Let Everybody Know Your (Brand) Name”, Advertising Age, August 17, 1998, p.27.
• Gifford, Jr., Dun, “Brand Management: Moving Beyond Loyalty”, Harvard Business Review, March-April 1997, pp.9-10.
• Nakache, Patricia, “Secrets of New Brand Builders”, Fortune, June 22, 1998, pp.167-170.
• Ries, AL, “Marketing Management: The Real Thing”, Sales & Management, April 1996, pp.30-31.
• Rutledge, John, “Business Strategy: Brand-Name Buildup”, Forbes, December 1, 1997, p.72.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Influence of Branding Strategies on Consumers ' Adoption Decision of Innovation: A Cross-Cultural Comparison INTRODUCTION A rapidly changing in the marketplace nowadays put pressure on firms to develop unique capabilities that help to create competitive advantages. Firms rely on the success of their new products and services to gain competitive advantage and drive growth in the future (Steenkamp et al. 1999; Keller and Lehmann 2006). One of the main challenges for new product managers over the last decades is how to understand the mechanisms of new product and services adoption decision by consumers (Rogers, 2003).... [tags: Brand, Brand management, Branding, Brands]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- Branding Strategies: From Creation to Extinction Outline I. Introduction II. Choosing the Brand Name A. Take a Stand B. Narrow the Focus C. Beware of Brand Inflation D. Expand the Business III. Advertising the Brand Name A. Logo Sizes B. Attention Getting 1. Research 2. Mention the Product 3. Show the Product 4. Show the Name and Logo 5. Call Attention to the Logo 6. Headline Company Names 7. Use Theme Lines IV. Brand-Building A. Build Brand without Mass Media 1.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
2017 words (5.8 pages)
- What is Branding Branding a healthcare organization requires that the organization know who it is according to the community, patients, and employees (Fellows, 2013). In order to develop a solid marketing strategy, an organization must align its goal or brand with its mission and vision. It has to be able to assure consumers and payers that what they are seeing and hearing is truly a reflection of its products, services, and organization. Four main factors of a brand include experience, satisfaction, trust, and attachment of the consumers to an organizations brand (Chinomona, 2013).... [tags: Brand, Brand management, Branding, Advertising]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- INTRODUCTION The main purpose of the study is to analyze various marketing strategies to setup the branding process for the chosen brand “KS Footwear”. For deciding brands name, logo, marketing strategies, target customers, market, product range, promotions etc. various market strategies have been used like Market segmentation for getting a zest of Demographics, Geographic’s, Psychographics and behavior of the market and customers, other methods used are PESTLE analysis to study the current market scenario.... [tags: Marketing, Brand, Brand management, Branding]
1808 words (5.2 pages)
- Branding: Social Media versus Face-to -Face Today, social media has become quite the popular way to brand your company and build awareness especially among the younger generations. Back before the social media wave, we used lots and lots of media advertising and marketing tactics that included the newspaper, television and your average wall advertisement to get your brand awareness across to the consumer. Whatever happened to face to face advertising to the consumer. With all the popular ways to advertise and consumers being supersaturated do those few successful companies contain the secret on face-to-face contact with consumers.... [tags: marketing strategies]
646 words (1.8 pages)
- BRANDIG STRATEGIES: A NEW PERSPECTIVE Mr. SUBIN THOMAS Assistant Professor, Dept. of Management Studies Girideepam Institute of Advanced Learning (GIAL) Vadavathoor P.O.Kottayam, Kerala ABSTRACT Branding has now become an indispensable part of every organization. In the world of increasing competition companies need to differentiate their products or services to become successful. Making a product or service and simply selling them will not make a business successful. It will only become one among the thousands.... [tags: Brand management, Brand, Branding, Brand equity]
1402 words (4 pages)
- Personal branding is about creating a plan and strategies that solely focus on your most important product: yourself. In developing a personal or professional brand, you have to figure out who you are and what you want to be known for. It’s almost like putting yourself under the microscope and extracting your strengths and weaknesses. And your weaknesses can be used to build your foundation for self-improvement. This will help you showcase your skills, values, and personality as well as who you want your target audience to be.... [tags: Brand, Branding, Brand management, Need]
712 words (2 pages)
- The growth strategies are part of Ansoff’s matrix. The first one is the market penetration which is low risk strategy of using low pricing in the short term as a means of gaining entry into a new market or to increase market share or sales volume in an existing market. The second one is product development, this is where the company develops new features on a well-known brand and this is a medium risk strategy. The third is market development, this is where the company launches the same product but in another place, for example global.... [tags: Marketing, Apple Inc., Branding, IPhone]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Abstract In this research paper, I have included the importance of branding in the strategy of the company. Branding theory and practice evolved in the latest years, being considered a valuable marketing investment. Branding is essential in creating value for the products of a company. Branding is important because it gives meaning to the consumption process. Companies understood that selling without the presence of a strong brand is much more difficult. I realized an intersection of the branding and marketing strategy theories.... [tags: Brand management, Brand, Marketing, Branding]
811 words (2.3 pages)
- Globalization is about all those things that affect the reach and influence of firms, as well as governments, as they expand their horizons internationally. Firms have changed the way they participate in trade and the global economy. In rest of the world, market opportunities contrast with the slow growth of mature markets in Europe and the U.S. This has encouraged firms in the food production and distribution industries, from Deere & Co. and Du Pont/Pioneer to McDonald's and Wal-Mart, to emphasize global expansion strategies.... [tags: globalization, branding, brand]
611 words (1.7 pages)