William Henry Gates, also known as “Bill”, has established himself as the richest man in the world. He is the youngest self made billionaire, and perhaps the best businessman in the world. As you read along, you will learn what Bill Gates’ accomplishments were, what his beliefs were, and why this topic is so important. Bill Gates is important because not only did he change the computer technology in America, he also became the biggest, strongest, richest and the most powerful company in the world.
Bill, was born October 28, 1955, his parents, Mary and Bill Jr., have one other daughter, a daughter, Kristi. His father, Bill Gates Jr. was born in Bremerton, Washington. He was accepted on the University of Washington. After he had taken the education of being a lawyer, he went back to Bremerton and became assistant for the district attorney. His mother, Mary Maxwell, was born in 1929 - Seattle, Washington, grew up between prominent families, in the northeast of the US. She became a teacher. Gates began his career in PC software, programming computers at age 13.
In education, he attended a well-known private school in Seattle, Washington called Lakeside. At Lakeside, he met his future business partner Paul Allen. Bill Gates entered Harvard in 1973. He created the programming language BASIC. Gates attended Harvard University as a freshman. After a few years, Gates and his business partner Paul Allen dropped out of Harvard to begin the Microsoft Corp. in 1975...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The American dream to many is the social climb of classes and accumulation of wealth. For some it is just maybe getting their dream job or getting into their number one college. Everyone has dreams of what they want to be or do when they are older. Many have no clue if they are making the right decision, but some are so determined that nothing could get into their way. Some people just have dreams of doing something they enjoy but never really imagine it going that far. All major companies started off as ideas that someone had and decided to make it into a reality.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1683 words (4.8 pages)
- Bill Gates People, nowadays, spend many of their time with technology, working or having fun. One of those people who has contributed to technology is Steve Jobs, who created Apple Inc. which revolutionized the computer and mainly tablet industry with its amazing features. As equal as important as Steve Jobs, Marc Andreessen lead the creation of NCSA Mosaic, the web browser that transformed how we think about the World Wide Web. Additional to that, Tim Berners-Lee created the World Wide Web, which changed the way people communicate, work, study, and play.... [tags: microsoft, bill gates, ibm]
659 words (1.9 pages)
- Empowering the World Bill Gates once said, “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” It 's no secret that our world is facing many daunting issues, such as poverty, misogny, racism, and discrimination, but there are those who work towards making our world a safe haven for all its inhabitants. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, a private organization that extends globally, is one such group that has focused on the betterment of the people. They turn their focus out into the global world, as well as helping out in the United States.... [tags: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Bill Gates]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- Becoming the richest man in the world, Bill Gates is one of the most influential men. Not only is Bill Gates one of the most influential figures in the world, but he is also one of the most influential figures in the business world. Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1955, in Seattle, Washington. Gates was born into already well established family. “His father, William Henry Gates Jr., was a successful lawyer, and his mother, Mary Maxwell, was chairwoman of United Way International.”(Stevenson).... [tags: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- The Three-Fold Influence of Bill Gates Bill Gates is one of the most powerful, famous and wealthy people in the world. He is also one of the biggest philanthropists who are responsible for giving away billions of dollars to worthy causes and people in need all over the world. As a self-made businessman and founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates has had more influence over the basic aspects of peoples ' lives than almost any other person in the world. These three factors of wealth, philanthropy, and invention mean that Bill Gates, for me, is one of the most influential people in the history.... [tags: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Bill Gates not only in America, but also the world has caused a mammoth effect. Bill Gates is the man people credited for creating the success of Microsoft, and the Xbox gaming console. However, Forbes magazine says, “The world will remember Bill Gates”(Thorpe). Yes, the world will remember Bill Gates not because he was the richest man in the world for 14 years straight (Thorpe), but because of all his efforts overseas and how he encourages other wealthy people to share their money with the less fortunate.... [tags: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett]
1249 words (3.6 pages)
- Bill Gates has had a mammoth effect not only in America, but also the world. Bill Gates is the man people credited for creating the success of Microsoft, and the Xbox gaming console. However, Forbes magazine says, “The world will remember Bill Gates”(Forbes). Yes, the world will remember Bill Gates not because he was the richest man in the world for 14 years straight (Forbes), but because of all his efforts overseas and how he encourages other wealthy people to share their money with the less fortunate.... [tags: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- Bill Gates Leader Report My favorite leader is William Henry Gates III, or Bill Gates to most people. Bill Gates is a computer engineer and world-class entrepreneur. He founded Microsoft Corporation in 1975 with a high school friend named Paul Allen. The leadership role that he serves is chairman and chief software architect of Microsoft Corporation. Up until 1998, Gates was CEO of the company, but he relieved himself of those duties, and currently is only a software architect and serves on the Microsoft committee.... [tags: Bill Gates]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- Management and Change, Bill Gates William (Bill) H. Gates is chairman and chief software architect of Microsoft Corporation, the worldwide leader in software, services and Internet technologies for personal and business computing. Microsoft had revenues of US$32.19 billion for the fiscal year ending June 2002, and employs more than 50,000 people in 72 countries and regions. Born on Oct. 28, 1955, Gates grew up in Seattle with his two sisters. Their father, William H. Gates II, is a Seattle attorney.... [tags: Bill Gates Microsoft]
1978 words (5.7 pages)
- Bill Gates's Leaderhsip A Visionary Leader: Traits If we are talking creativity and ideas, Bill Gates is an American unoriginal. He is Microsoft's chief and co-founder, he is the world's richest man, and his career delivers this message: It can be wiser to follow than to lead. Let the innovators hit the beaches and take the losses; if you hold back and follow, you can clean up in peace and quiet. Gates is the Bing Crosby of American technology, granted he is an unusually hard-driving and successful businessman.... [tags: Management Leadership Bill Gates]
902 words (2.6 pages)