The Bermuda triangle is a mythical geographic area. It is believed to extend from the tip of Florida to Bermuda and to Puerto Rico. Over 100 planes and ships have disappeared in the last century. There are many theories about what might cause the disappearances of theses ships and planes. Scientist have come to believe that the most possible theory has something to do with the climate change such as tsunamis, hurricanes or waterspouts. The other theory is that the compasses point to the True North and not the Magnetic North. There are other less likely theories but it depends on whether a person believes or not. There is also the theory that Atlantis might have sunk where the Bermuda Triangle is located and that the Atlanteans technology is so advanced that they are disintegrating our ships and planes. People think that the aliens have chosen certain spots to abduct people and do experiments on. Scientist also believe that the Bermuda Triangle might be something like a black hole which takes people to a different dimension or a time warp.
Scientist have come to believe that when the ships and airplanes fly through the triangle that a hurricane, tsunami or a waterspout might have swallowed the ships. There have been a few times where empty and intact ships have washed ashore but the only thing found was either a dog or cat, but no humans whatsoever. Waterspouts might spin up to a speed of 150 MPH but they usually won’t last longer than 10 minutes. Yet these waterspouts have the power rip ships in half and destroy airplanes. Tsunamis can reach speeds of 600 MPH and reach heights of 100 feet. The possibility of a tsunami being responsible for the disappearances is low because tsunamis are usually visible on land. Hurricanes can swallow a ship but it’s not usual for it to swallow an airplane. A ship being swallowed possible but the problem is if they in fact really do get destroyed what happens to the remains of the ships and the people? This leaves many scientist puzzled if climate changes are responsible for the disappearances then why haven’t any remains been found.
The next theory is that when the compasses are in a certain place on earth such as the Bermuda Triangle they point to the truth north instead of the magnetic north like normal. This causes many ships and airplanes to go many miles away from wher...
... middle of paper ...
... a time warp and cannot get out, or they might have entered another dimension. If this is what is happening to the people in ships and planes maybe that’s why there are no remains they might have moved to another unknown dimension or might be stuck in a time warp.
In Conclusion I believe that the best explanation is that these airplanes and ships are being misdirected because of the true north versus the magnetic north theory. Maybe the ships and planes become deviated because of their compass that they become lost and the weather just is not easy to survive in so they are never found. They other possibility is that they go so deep into the ocean that its hard for them to go anywhere because their compasses do not work. This is what I think because of the research that I have done.
Berlitz, Charles (1974) The Bermuda Triangle an Incredible Saga of Unexplained Disappearances. New York: Doubleday & Company Inc.
Gaffron, Norma (1988) The Bermuda Triangle Great Mysteries Opposing Viewpoints. Minnesota: Greenhaven Press Inc.
Kusche, Lawrence David. (1975) The Bermuda Triangle Mystery Solved. New York: Harper & Row Publishers Inc.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction The Bermuda triangle. Also known in other words, as the Devil’s triangle is a region that in the western part of the North Atlantic Ocean. The region is a mysterious place where a large number of ships and aircrafts had disappeared and each under undefined mysterious circumstances. According to the US Navy the Bermuda triangle does not even exist and the name is also not recognized by the US Board on the geographic names. Many of the popular cultures had also attributed the disappearances to the paranormal activities and also by the extraterrestrial being’s activity.... [tags: Bermuda Triangle, Atlantic Ocean, Sargasso Sea]
2299 words (6.6 pages)
- The Bermuda Triangle is one of the biggest mysterious places in the world. Its exact location is at the Atlantic Ocean, which is bounded by Miami, Bermuda and Puerto Rico. In a normal daily life, it is a part of a regularly sailed shipping lane with cruise ships and many small boats also frequently sailing through the sea. Aircraft are also common in the Bermuda Triangle with both private and commercial planes commonly flying over it. While it has a nickname that shows its horror side-the Devil's Triangle.... [tags: Bermuda, Atlantis, UFO]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- The Bermuda Triangle is considered both a coincidence by some people and a curse by others. The Bermuda Triangle (which is also known as the Devil’s Triangle) is located in the Atlantic Ocean. The Triangle is a line bordered from Florida to the Bermuda Islands, to Puerto Rico and back to Florida. The Bermuda Triangle is a mysterious place where many aircrafts and surface vessels have disappeared without an explanation. Ships and planes have also crashed in this odd location with very little reasoning.... [tags: Bermuda Triangle, Atlantic Ocean, Bermuda]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- There are many unsolved mysteries in this world, and a few of them are the Bermuda Triangle disappearances. With a map of the Atlantic Ocean, and a ruler, about anyone can outline the Bermuda Triangle. It is a region in the Atlantic Ocean touching on Bermuda, Puerto Rico, and Florida. “It covers roughly 500,000 square miles” (Obringer). The Bermuda Triangle is also referred to as Devil 's Triangle because many airplanes and ships have mysteriously disappeared in the region, without any trace. The Devil’s Triangle is one of the biggest mysteries of our time.... [tags: Bermuda Triangle, Atlantic Ocean]
1214 words (3.5 pages)
- Questions: 1) What geographic area was imaged by MODIS. List some of the features nearest to the image center (cities, rivers, lakes, or counties etc.) Its located in the Great Lakes Region. The lakes included Cooper Lake, Docker Lake and Wells Lake. The cities included Huntsville, Dwight, Baysville, Dorset which is part of District of Muskoka located in Central Ontario, Canada. 2) What is the coordinate system and cartographic projection of the raw data you downloaded (.HDF files). To answer this question you can either use web links for MODIS products you visited or by opening the “MOD13Q1….hdf” file you saved previously to the folder and examining its metadata.... [tags: Arithmetic mean, Mean, Standard deviation]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- THE ROLE OF GIS The geographic information system (GIS) incorporates software, hardware and data for capturing, observing, analysing, managing and displaying all varieties of geographically referenced information. With GIS, service providers are able to analyse, question, interpret, visualise and understand data that reveals trends, relationships and patterns through maps, charts and reports. This then enables service providers to make improvements on the delivery of services and collect baseline information on the satisfaction of the quality of services delivered.... [tags: geographic information, kensington]
632 words (1.8 pages)
- The Bermuda Triangle Off the southern tip of Florida lies a phenomenon called the Bermuda Triangle. Ships, planes, and over one thousand lives were lost in the Triangle without a trace. Theories have been put forth, but still no universally accepted explanation exists for the mystery that surrounds the Bermuda Triangle. The Bermuda Triangle covers almost 440,000 square miles of the Atlantic Ocean. An imaginary line that begins near Melbourne, Florida, extends south to Bermuda, and west to Puerto Rico before turning north to Florida, forms the Triangle.... [tags: Bermuda Triangle Phenomenon Essays]
1894 words (5.4 pages)
- Two realms are actively experienced throughout a person’s lifetime: the realm of reality, and the mythical realm. Not everyone’s realms are the same; one person’s mythical world could be another person’s real world. People often seek to find a mythical realm, a mythical life, in order to escape from their everyday reality. Sometimes this alters one’s version of reality in the process. One world cannot exist without the other; therefore, in order to cross over, a person has to leave certain aspects of one world behind to take pieces from the other.... [tags: realms, reality, mythical reality]
1466 words (4.2 pages)
- ... My opinion on the bermuda triangle is that I think its real but so weird and somehow scary, because why does this happen how come so many things disappear into nothing. There's also no clues or hints of broken ships or planes pieces anywhere. Where does it all go. This is a mystery that's been going on for a while already and people have not found the answer for the missing ships and air crafts. One of the the survivors that i've found that have made it out alive out of the Bermuda Triangle is called, Cary Trantham she is one of the marvelous people who survived flying over the Bermuda.... [tags: twiligt zone, mistery, planes, ships]
1232 words (3.5 pages)
- The Bermuda Triangle Is the Bermuda Triangle really a place where strange powers are at work. The Bermuda Triangle is a very complex and mystifying area that is noted for a high incidence of unexplained losses of ships, small boats, and aircraft. From reading this paper one will learn geographic features of the Bermuda Triangle, famous disappearances, and possible explanations for them. There is a section of the western Atlantic, off the southeast coast of the United States, forming what has been termed a triangle.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1454 words (4.2 pages)