Many psychiatrists have found that patients with anger management problems can be calmer with a pet around the house. Sometimes, just the feel of a pet in the house can do wonders on the nerves and eliminate certain aggravation. A significant point that have been brought up by animal right activists is that abuse inflicted on animals is, in many cases caused by frustration caused by an outside conflict. Outside conflicts can be caused by work stress, school, and/or relationships.
On the other hand, if you have control of your temper your should have nothing to worry about. I have found that having multiple pets around can be difficult, but with the hard work comes satisfaction and happiness. Personally, I own two birds and six fish; my two birds are in separate cages, so they do not fight or maybe even kill each other! In my fish tank, there is no predatory fish, which would endanger the other fish in the tank. Separating animals that could do harm to each other is a good method for ensuring their safety.
In addition, you must remember to spend an equal amount of time with your pets… even your...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Pets can be very both physically and emotionally beneficial to their owners. Living with and caring for them can also be a great experience and very entertaining. Even browsing YouTube, thousands of pet owners record their little friend's amusing tricks and humorous incidents to share with the world. Although these videos or pictures can encourage your desire for a similar companion, many details to keeping an animal of that sort may not be evident. There is a huge variety of species available, from tarantulas to munchkin cats, with many ways to obtain them, but not everyone can handle a giant arachnid or endure changing kitty litter.... [tags: Pets]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- Simin Ling Professor Taylor Harrison Rhetoric 105 23 April 2016 Raising pets helps kids to be considerate Have you ever had a pet. As we know, more and more families have pets in their homes nowadays regardless of which country. Data showed an estimated 82.5 million U.S. households own at least one pet in their home. The American Pet Products Association, which is also called APPA, claimed that pet ownership by household in the U.S. has risen from just 56% in 1988, when the first APPA National Pet Owners Survey was conducted, to 68% as of 2013-2014.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Pets, Ownership]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Did you know that five million to seven million companion animals enter shelters nationwide each year. Spaying and neutering pets needs to be supported by more communities of people. The American Kennel Club (AKC) is opposed to mandatory sterilization, they state that it, “creates a hardship for responsible breeders.” Spaying and neutering is typically seen by a majority of the population as inhumane and an unnecessary violation of animal rights. The American Veterinary Medical Associations recommend that state and local governments develop effective dog and cat population control programs.... [tags: Dog, Neutering, Cat, Castration]
1450 words (4.1 pages)
- A harmless visit to the neighborhood pet store turns into a ruthless encounter for me. Every Saturday, Pecan (my dog) and I visit a local pet store to purchase food and treats for her. Pecan and I pass by a dozen of shelter volunteers eagerly showcasing homeless dogs before entering the pet store. Shelter volunteers are special because they are willing to devote their Saturday morning to help homeless pets. On the way I stop and great each volunteer and dog, then I walk away emotionally grieving and trying to holding back tears.... [tags: cause and effect essays, pet adoption]
615 words (1.8 pages)
- Pet owners consider their pet part of the family most of the time. You treat your pet the best you can because they are people who are very dear to you. So why would you feed your family food that will harm their health. Would you ever think that something called BARF could be healthy for your family pet. When it stands for Biologically Appropriate Raw Food or Bones and Raw Food it certainly does mean it is healthy. Feeding your dog or cat a nutritionally balanced raw food diet is a beneficial way of allowing the, to live long healthy lives.... [tags: pet care, pet nutrition, rew food diet]
1709 words (4.9 pages)
- You wake up in the hospital, look around, and find a doctor hovering nearby declaring that you have just suffered through a heart attack; affirming that if not for your dog, you would have died. You remember back to earlier that day: sitting on the couch, feeling a little off, hearing your dog barking, sensing him nudging you, going to the phone to call the ambulance, and having your dog by your side until you were safe inside the aluminum walls of the emergency vehicle. Although it sounds abnormal that a dog would be the one to save someone’s life, situations similar to the one above are not uncommon.... [tags: Dog, Pet, The Animals, Property]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- Taking Care of Your Pet Can you hear the cries of those who do not communicate in the human language. How about the fearful mewing of a motherless kitten. Do you worry for the exhaustion of a donkey, staggering under a load to heavy to bear. Does your heart skip a beat when you hear the whimpering of a lost puppy. Are you filled with sadness when you an animal that has been hit by a car. Do you take in strays and feed them because they are all skin and bones. If so you are a pet lover. You would never hurt a pet.... [tags: Animals Pets Essays]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- When Evaluating the interview between Corey Grant and Danny Jones regarding the payroll scheme at Plush Pets, it was evident Mr. Grant used several strong interview tactics when conducting the meeting. However, there were also a few issues that surfaced which could have been adjusted midcourse, resulting in a more favorable outcome. This particular payroll scheme is categorized as a ghost employee, which is an individual on the payroll of a company who does not actually work the company. (Wells, 2014) The strength of evidence against Mr.... [tags: Interview, Semi-structured interview, Question]
1252 words (3.6 pages)
- Beneficial Animal Testing Animal testing has always been plagued with controversy on its ethical issues by animal activist groups and supportive scientists. Is it morally just to experiment and sacrifice laboratory animals on behalf of human research. Dr. Gina Solomon MD wrote her article regarding the benefits of animal testing to protect the human race and all other species. Her article “The Lesser Evil” shows the beneficial and positive aspects of animal experimentation. She approves the notion for animal testing but requests greater regulation and gentler methods of testing when scientifically possible.... [tags: Science Ethics Scientific Research Essays]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- As humans, having cats as pets they are expected to adapt to human lifestyle and living conditions forgetting the fact that houses are not their natural environment. Cats, as do all animals, behave the way they do since it is in their nature, despite the opinion of some behaviors being inappropriate. A cat has no concept of what is deemed right or wrong and has to be able to understand what is desired of them to do or not to do in order to live a contented life in human surroundings. Part of the way a cat learns to understand a human is by humans understanding them and why they do what they do.... [tags: pets, domesticated animals]
1542 words (4.4 pages)