During the last twenty-five years, abortion has been one of the most heated topics being debated the world. The only topics that equal the abortion debate are race and war. Abortion is a discussion of human interaction where ethics, emotions, and law come together. People have different opinions usually only have two choices when confronted with abortion. They are either for it or against it. There is the pro-choice and the pro-life. These are the only two categories that people?s views fall into. A pro-choice person would feel that the decision to abort a pregnancy is that of the mothers and the government has no right to interfere. A pro-lifer would hold that from the moment of conception, the embryo or foetus is alive. Since this embryo or foetus is alive and is a person you have no moral right to abort a life. If you aborted the life you would be committing murder.
The word ?murder? is mainly used by pro-lifers to describe what happens when you abort a foetus. Murder means deliberate and unjustified killing of another person containing intent. A women cannot bear the thought of having a child that would be a constant reminder of what happened on such and such a day, such and such number of years ago. The mother doesn?t want to kill a baby; she wants to interrupt the growth of an embryo so that it will not become a baby.
My own personal opinion is that each woman has the right to decide whether she wants to abort an unwanted preg...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- During the last twenty-five years, abortion has been one of the most heated topics being debated in the United States and Canada. The only topics that equal the abortion debate are race and war. Abortion is a discussion of human interaction where ethics, emotions, and law come together. There are people that have different views of abortion but no matter what their view is they fall under a thin line. There is the pro-choice and the pro-life. These are the only two categories that people’s views fall into.... [tags: Pro Choice Pro-Choice essays research papers]
1768 words (5.1 pages)
- A mid-aged happily, married woman with a top-executive position, is a candidate for a partnership, only to discover that she is pregnant. Although, children were part of their strategic plan after education and marriage, the timing could not be worse. Pregnancy at this time will ruin her opportunity for partnership. She faces two dilemmas. First, although she is stable in every area of her life, she wants to become a partner. Secondly, her spouse wants a child and has been patiently waiting this time.... [tags: Informative Essay]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- This is paper is about the issue of Abortion. I think the discussion of this issue is important because, I think women should have the choice whether to continue with a pregnancy or not. There are a lot of reasons why women have abortions. Here are a few reasons why, rape, or physically not able to carry the pregnancy to full term, or genetic defects. Abortion is a tough decision in its self, women should not have to deal with the worry of the being convicted or condemned because of her choice. There also have been studies done involving “unwanted children” they end up suffering from physical and psychological damage done by the parent.... [tags: Freedom of Choice, Pro-Choice Essays]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- The foundation of the American Government is built on two ideologies; first, that the majority of the people govern through democratic election and second, that the power of the majority is limited to ensure individual rights. As defined by the American Heritage Online Dictionary a mother is a woman who conceives, gives birth to, or raises and nurtures a child. This paper will discuss the right of privacy of the mother versus the governments’ right to protect the unborn fetus in regard to Abortion.... [tags: Freedom of Choice, Pro-Choice Essays]
1341 words (3.8 pages)
- The topic of abortion is a hot subject among the people of America today. Some say yes, women should be able to have abortions no matter if the fetus is in the first trimester or well in to the second trimester of gestation. On the other hand the other people say that it is murder of a child no matter the stage of development. Many of the people that believe that the fertilized ovum is a human and has a soul at the conception are the pro-life people. They believe this because of their religious beliefs and cannot scientifically prove this in any way.... [tags: Freedom of Choice, Pro-Choice Essays]
493 words (1.4 pages)
- The Right to Occupy Your Freedom of Choice In the present action we call life, there are several gratifying events, and there are situations when moral issues coincide with difficult occurrences. Mistakes may happen, carelessness may appear, and this happens when abortion is involved as an option. This matter is often only whispered about, kept in the dark, and only conceived as one of the worst actions a woman can make. In the article written by Rebecca Traister “Let’s just say it: Women Matter More Than Fetuses Do” denotes that abortion is not always the incorrect and or morally false decision.... [tags: Pregnancy, Fetus, Morality, Abortion]
1213 words (3.5 pages)
- Abortion Abortion is one of the most personal, widely discussed, and controversial topics in American culture today. In most cases, people on both sides of the argument take worthy and moral positions. Who can blame someone who wishes to prevent the termination of a teen pregnancy to save the life of an unborn child. On the other hand, who can blame anyone who advocates the soon-to-be mother's right to make such a personal, heartbreaking choice. No matter what she chooses to do, should anyone have the legal right to force her to bear an unwanted child.... [tags: Freedom of Choice, Pro-Choice Essays]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- A woman’s Right to Reproductive Freedom “One of the things that makes humans different from other animals is that we are not completely governed by instincts, but have the freedom to make choices” (CCC 9). By nature Humans tend to take different stands in matters that require personal opinions. The controversy of opposite and conflicting feelings about abortion is centuries old. The word “murder” is often used by many pro-lifers to describe abortion. The American Heritage College dictionary defines murder as- premeditated, unlawful killing of one human being by another.... [tags: Abortion, Roe v. Wade, Pro-choice, Human]
1235 words (3.5 pages)
- The Freedom of Being Pro Choice Another day passes by, another new set of choices that affect your life in the smallest ways.Did you know that the littlest things you decide have the potential to affect your life in the grandest of ways. Life is a second-second-to-second thing, You cannot exist without the choices of someone else, and you makes many serious choices yourself. I believe people should choose their own path and their own future,right down to abortions. I believe in choice.... [tags: Abortion, Legal Issues, Social Issues]
327 words (0.9 pages)
- For hundreds of years women helped each other to abort their pregnancies. Without legal prohibitions, women in Europe and the United States provided abortions and trained each other to perform the procedures. In the past century different states had begun to outlaw any procedure that would terminate or avoid pregnancy. In 1973(?) the United States Supreme Court asserted a woman's constitutional right to abortion in determining Roe v. Wade. After several decades of quiet disagreement, abortion has once again become a political hotbed.... [tags: Freedom of Choice, Pro-Choice Essays]
1639 words (4.7 pages)