3.1.2 Formal Report
The problem that was in need of solving was to produce a new look for
wow.com to target the 17 to 25 year olds. The look that the company
were trying to aim for was young, energetic, dynamic and flexible.
I firstly set out by comparing some current documents such as flyers,
letters and invoices. This helped me as I could gather the best parts
from these documents and use them to give me ideas to create new ones.
The documents that I selected had to be 3 of a kind that were from
three companies with two of a flyer and a letter.
I the started off by researching and designing a logo for the new look
wow.com. I produced four prototypes of the logo and selected the best
one that I felt had got the right look that I wanted. The final design
included two people which I felt really stood out from the rest of the
The next task was to design the letterhead to update the old style
into the new look. I used the documents that I collected at the
beginning to give me ideas on how to design it. These where then used
as templates for my design, my design for the letterhead was pretty
simple as I felt that I didn’t want to overcrowd the sheet.
I then brought an example of a staff newsletter and used it to get
some ideas from. I then went about designing the staff newsletter for
wow.com. It contained four pages which included a front cover, two
article pages and a fun and game...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This article discusses the essence of strong website design, including some foundational principles that should apply to just about every design you create. Will your skills be transformed simply by reading this article. No, but you 'll have a good start and a solid understanding of what separates "okay" website design from "excellent" design. First Things First: Understanding Usability "Usability" sounds like a made-up word that bears no relevance on the discussion here. Shouldn 't every site be "usable".... [tags: World Wide Web, Web design, Graphic design]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- ... 3.0 Disclosure of authors, sponsors, developers Based on my research, the Nippon Paint website was does not enclosure their authors, sponsors, and developers because it all right reserved under the act. They just stated that the website is under the Nippon Paint (M) Sdn. Bhd. Moreover, the website were stated their place of dealer which the customers can only need to entering their stated and city at the “Locate the dealer” and they can know the right location of the Nippon Paint dealers.... [tags: business and marketing analysis]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- The implications of the catastrophe of wars between states in Australia would be most interesting in the historical genre if we reflect upon the possibility (proposed by a historian) that the serene, peaceful state we are in today would probably not occur and, furthermore, that the subject of history may not be the same. The reason this has not happened is due to Federation on the date of 1st of January, 1901. Federation is when the six separate British self-governing colonies of New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia formed one nation.... [tags: informative essay]
1389 words (4 pages)
- ... When the website is scrolled down, the website is responsive. The picture stays in place while the rest of the page scrolls down, which adds a creative aspect to the background. In any great website it has some form of creativity. Creativity is everywhere, and everywhere in everyday life. One place where design is most important and needed is in websites. People I society today see this everywhere and don’t stop to think about the creativity behind a website. “Creativity is the act of turning new and imaginative ideas into reality.... [tags: developer, creativity]
549 words (1.6 pages)
The Changes in Communication Technology and Media Have Changed the Way News Companies Produce and Distribute Information to the World
- ... With this being said, newspapers will still be sold but the production and distribution of newspapers is costly. In comparison to online news outlets due to having to print millions of copies of newspapers then distributing them out to residential and business areas. This is also a time consuming task especially when the news is always occurring, however with the news proceeding to the internet the days of hefty production and distribution costs will be in the past. Therefore, having media online would be more cost effective and includes many benefits that are more appealing.... [tags: alterations in newspapers and magazines]
1043 words (3 pages)
- How a Family Could Shop for Their Groceries Using a Website Mrs George has to prepare a lesson for school about shopping on the Internet and discusses it with her family. They have just started to use the online service. Research and produce a report describing how a family could shop for their groceries using a website and discuss the benefits and limitations this might bring to the family and society. Your report should consider the effects on: * The family * Supermarket management and their employees Online Shopping: Systems that provide a secure environment for browsing and purchasing products over an on-line service, such as America Online or vi... [tags: Papers]
2964 words (8.5 pages)
- Introduction Many people will assume prescription drugs are safe, since a doctor’s credo is to first do no harm. However, according to the Centers for Disease Control, painkiller deaths are up 400% and now outnumber automobile fatalities. Recreational opiate use has been around since recording history, indiscriminately claiming lives such as beloved 1800’s author Charles Dickens and the king of pop, Michael Jackson. Due to opiate’s effectiveness in pain management therapies, the drug isn’t going away any time soon.... [tags: safety of prescription drugs]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- Plan to Promote a New Band Planning The aims of our product were to advertise and promote a new up and coming band as they planned to release their first single on a website about the band itself. This website is mainly aimed at teenagers and young adults, as they are the people who I thought would be most impressed by the style of music we were promoting, namely 'Nu-/heavy metal'. Before beginning the construction of the website I searched the internet for similar style websites by bands who perform music within the same genre as 'Vendetta'.... [tags: Papers]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- KARL MARX Many see Karl Marx as simply the writer of The Communist Manifesto: a man with a nuance of ideologies which are often times deemed, at the least, radical. Marx, however, had several intuitive and insightful thoughts on the economic analysis of capitalism in American society. Marxist methodology also contains key insights to our environmental relationship with earth and nature as well as our personal and cumulative interactions with available resources and our place(s) as humans.... [tags: Karl Marx, Communism, Marxism, Conflict theory]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Currently, New Chinatown does not hold any farmers’ market or community garden. There was, however, a weekly farmers’ market held in Chinatown a couple years ago but was discontinued recently. The reasons were unclear, though some of the residents pointed out that the overall indifference of the Chinese community to these organic food markets might be to blame. In a later interview, one of the residents and also the business manager of Wonder Bakery in New Chinatown stated that the farmers’ market was not especially popular, as they did not see a real need in paying higher prices for the same type of produce, apparently because of their ignorance about the health benefits of organic foods.... [tags: Produce, Gardens]
824 words (2.4 pages)
- Replacement Advertising on the Web - Is it Legally and Ethically
- Reviewing the Homepage of Preston's Website
- Save the teenagers from the evil inventions
- Selling and offering information on the internet brings with it a list
- Transfer of Personal Data to a Third Country
- So You Want to be a Game Programmer?