facilitates in up to 100 words.
The ‘exchange process’ is seen as the basic principle of marketing and
involves the simple concept of needs and demands.
In the world of marketing this can be any organization offering a
product, service or even an idea. The customer then agrees to pay an
amount of money for these goods. The whole exchange process works
under the important condition that both parties value the goods
offered by the other party to that extent that they are willing to
fulfil the demands of the other party in return.
The satisfaction gained from a transaction can lead to further
2. Explain how the pet food market is structured. Describe how a
number of local outlets support this structure.
The pet food market is structured into three main sectors, which
consists of Dog food, Cat food and other pet food. The market share of
Dog food (50%) and Cat food (47%) is nearly the same, whereas other
pet foods only contributes to 3 % of the total market of £ 1,684
million (Key Note Ltd 2003).
Furthermore Pet food can be categorized generally according to their
functions, which are:
- Complete food: Provides all vitamins and minerals needed
- Complementary food: To be combined with other foods, for example
meat or biscuits
- Snack, treat or training aid
Within the Dog and Cat Food sectors a further segmentation can be
The moist and semi-moist se...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 7. Carry out a SWOT analysis for this market with all inclusions referenced to the information source. STRENGTH: The increasing consciousness of people regarding the health of their pets leads to a focus on nutritious food which helps increasing the life span of their beloved animals. This benefits the pet food industry greatly as it leads to increased demand and allows manufacturers to set their prices for selected products at a high level. (PFMA) Increased competition has lead to greater effort for developing new products in order to meet customers demand.... [tags: Business Management Studies]
476 words (1.4 pages)
- The SNHU pet food store has been successful for over 10 years, seeing the demand for all natural ingredients for pet food they decided to launch new line of all natural pet food. “Only Natural Pet Food” will be offered at all three location and online. Healthy choices is in demand right now. Thus, allowing SNHU pet food store to launch this new product line to the healthy lifestyle consumers that want the same for their pets. In the meantime, providing the same quality and outstanding service they are used too.... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Target, Dog]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- It can be hard to search for a healthy pet food alternative for your pets to benefit from and enjoy. It’s a lot easier with a pet supply company that is reaching out to market and fulfill the needs and wants of its customers looking for their pet’s best choice of food. The Company makes an all-natural pet food line for cats and dogs, which is made in the United States. They serve a unique product that provides a healthy and additive-free dinner solution that pets love. With multiple flavors and a money-back guarantee, their food line is launching a new product called Pet’s Choice, where a Pet’s Choice is always met.... [tags: Marketing, Want, Need, Target market]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- 4. Draw a perceptual map for the pet food market as a whole to be included as an appendix of the final report. The perceptual map shows us the spending on advertising of different brands against the average sale price of their products. It can be seen that although some brands have very high advertisement expenses, their products aren?t classified in the super-premium price class. Whiskas products are priced averagely whereas IAMS charges a high price for its products, although it doesn?t promote its image in such a way.... [tags: Business Marketing Studies]
516 words (1.5 pages)
- The SNHU Pet Supply Store has successfully met consumer needs for pet food, toys, and other pet related items for the past ten years using online and traditional brick and mortar channels. Recognizing that their customer need and wants are changing, the SNHU Pet Store will expand into the all-natural pet food market for dogs and cats with an exciting new product, named Farm to Bowl. This product is made from organic, locally sourced meat and vegetable ingredients, and is intended to meet the changing wants, needs, and desires of today’s consumers for socially responsible and healthy food options for their pets.... [tags: Marketing, Pet food, Pet foods]
1255 words (3.6 pages)
- State of the Industry Market Overview The pet food industry as described by IBIS World is an industry in which "Major players compete on price, quality, ingredients and nutrients" (Pet Food Production in the US: Market Research Report, 2015). In this pure competition industry, there are dominant companies such as Mars, Inc. and Nestlé Purina sharing a 24 billion dollar market (Pet Food Production in the US: Market Research Report, 2015). Research indicates that “pet food is now one of the fastest growing products in world trade” with “import/export global flow of pet food increased dramatically reaching 2.5, 3.7 and over 5 million tonnes in 1995, 2000, and 2005, respectively” (De Silva & T... [tags: Food, Nutrition, Food industry, Pet foods]
1372 words (3.9 pages)
- Natural Choice Pets Marketing Plan Natural Choice has performed extensive research to develop and market natural pet products in the United States (U.S.) market. A review of the company strategy along with a SWOT analysis will discuss Natural Choices strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Looking at variables of the marketing mix will help Natural Choice Pets determine the best strategy to satisfy customers and distributers in the targeted market. Company Strategy Natural Choice will develop organic pet food and treats for dogs and cats properly pH balanced for optimal pet health.... [tags: Marketing, Pet food]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- Strategic Marketing Plan Company Overview and Market Research Overview of Company Caninantics is a start-up company based in Atlanta, Georgia specializing in making pet food dispensing equipment and toys for the American market. The company is also planning on diversifying its market to include other canine care supplies and accessories, such as Bluetooth LE-enabled pet tracking device by the end of the year. The company has been in business for one year and after getting venture capital from various companies has planned to take on the market leaders and gain a substantial market share in the six months through commercialization of its major product, CaninFeeder.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing research, Food, Research]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- My SNHU Pet Store is growing because of its success in providing quality products to their pet-owning customers. The company would like to introduce a new line of pet foods with no artificial ingredients or additives. It will be a high quality pet food that would mirror the company’s dedication to providing quality pet products and will be named “My Healthy Best Friend.” This paper will show you how we will be doing this with this new product. In addition to using the best ingredients, this product will have the added benefit of providing a much sought after supplement gaining popularity, chlorophyll.... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Advertising]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- Marketing has been built around one concept but since technology has become so proficient, then it is safe to say that Marketing has also expanded with the times. Marketing is managing profitable customer relationships. The twofold goal of marketing is to attract new customers by promising superior value and to keep and grow current customers by delivering satisfaction. (Armstrong & Kotler, 2007, Marketing: An Introduction) Marketing has just begun to tap into the resources that are available to help assist companies to retain customers by providing that key ingredient, promising superiority.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1485 words (4.2 pages)