After graduation from KOREA University, I decided to enter Hyndai MotorCompany(HMC), which is the largest Korean car manufacturer and global player, to pursue a career as an international businessman. In January 1991, I joined Domestic Finance Team of HMC. My specific assignment was to plan monthly and annual financial schedules for HMC's domestic funding needs. About two years later, in January of 1993, I was transferred to Retail Finance Team from Domestic Finance Team and responsible for financing by the sales and factoring of Car Receivables.
First Challenge the expertise for strategy formulation implementation within a changing business environment. In May 1994, I was selected as a member of Task Force Team that prepare to set up HMC's own finance company. During my six-month assignment, I worked under pressured time constraints. After lots of conflicts with Ministry of Finance and Economy, we got government approval in late 1994. This opportunity provided me with valuable experience in every aspect of business and team experience. Working with the extremely qualified and professional upper management was valuable in shaping my career goals. Especially, during my business trip to Hyundai Motor Finance Company in CA, USA, the international exposure increased my confidence and desire to pursue a career in international business. After the expiration of the Task Force, I was given the option between joining the newly established Finance Company and remaining in HMC. At that time, International Finance Team(IFT) offered to work together with them. I accepted the proposal because I wanted to further expand my international exposure. Second Challenge the enhancement of the global perspective and strategic vision required to successfully compete in a globalized business setting. In January 1995, I was trasferres to IFT and took over two jobs of financing Foreign Direct Investment and Investor Relations. In march 1995, HMC was planning the biggest foreign direct investment in India ever since the failure in canada, and I, together with my two subordinates, was responsible for project. Despite the fact that only three months had passes after taking a new position. I could carry out the complicated processes on the project. partly owning to the past force team experience.
Third Challenge : Throughout my wor...
... middle of paper ...
... The program is clearly not a perfect substitute for experience, but I believe it would program would also allow me to further research my business ideas through the experiences of my peers, independent study, and related summer employment. This would let me have a deep understanding, as I hope, of financial and other market structures, competitiveness, and other factors that a consultant needs take into account when recommending whether to pursue a career as an international business consultant.
My long-term professional aspiration is to enter the field of international management consulting. A MBA from your school in interdisciplinary studies will enhance my understanding of all aspects of business. This will contribute significantly to becoming effective in the consulting profession. I am extremely enthusiastic about the future of International Business. I believe that there are major breakthroughs yet to be made in the field. After completing a MBA in your school, I hope to gain practical experience and exposure with a major international business firms. Eventually, I wish to establish my own consulting company providing various financial and managerial services.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- MBA Admissions Essays - The Art of Business We stroll through a marketplace in Beer-Sheva, inhaling a conglomeration of smells and sounds that feel as though they are part of a different century. My father and I enter a small stand. A little woman sits in the corner scanning her livelihood like a hawk monitoring her nest. She promotes her wares not for a quarterly report but to feed and clothe her family. My father picks up a small wooden camel and calls out in our native tongue, "How much?" "Fifty Shekel," she responds.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
590 words (1.7 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - An Entrepreneurial Passion My love for business is not something I was born with. It took over a decade of experience and exploration to discover my passion. This discovery began ten years ago when I accepted a position at The Pitney Bowes Corporation. My job was to make unsolicited phone calls to prospective businesses in order to sell our base model postage meter. All that was required was reading a script, word for word, to potential buyers. Yet, after a week of working at Pitney Bowes, I still didn't know important details about the meter, like what it looked like, and how it actually operated.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - International Business Ever since I was young I have always been interested in businesses and how they operate, as well as being fascinated by other languages and cultural differences. My passion for the subject expanded when I chose business studies and french, as part of my A-level education. Although these subjects are somewhat demanding, I find them extremely interesting. I believe that a degree combining both these aspects is the correct choice for me. I am confident that a course in international business studies and modern languages satisfies both these interests.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
485 words (1.4 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essay After graduation from KOREA University, I decided to enter Hyndai MotorCompany(HMC), which is the largest Korean car manufacturer and global player, to pursue a career as an international businessman. In January 1991, I joined Domestic Finance Team of HMC. My specific assignment was to plan monthly and annual financial schedules for HMC's domestic funding needs. About two years later, in January of 1993, I was transferred to Retail Finance Team from Domestic Finance Team and responsible for financing by the sales and factoring of Car Receivables.... [tags: MBA Admissions Essay]
997 words (2.8 pages)
- There were no tropical bands, smiling islanders, or readily available sun tan lotions. There were, however, three gentlemen dressed in army fatigue sporting rifles and an unhappy disposition. Margarita Island looked more like the stage for a military coup than a vacation paradise. What awaited us on the small plot of land 20 miles north of the Venezuelan coast was a run-down hotel, Porto Fino Mare. Arriving with seven classmates from school and a plane full of American tourists, it felt as if the island's population had doubled with our arrival.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
368 words (1.1 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - The Value of Dynamic Creativity In my junior year of high school I attended an assembly where potential class presidents outlined their positions and ideas for the future. I remember dozing off during the first two speeches, which covered topics such as soda machines and trips to Six Flags Great Adventure. The final individual that spoke did something different. He talked about students in our class. The thing he found special about everyone was that they each possessed character.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
664 words (1.9 pages)
- I had practiced it before, but this time it was for real. Well, as real as a college mock trial tournament can get. I objected, pointed, and did squat thrusts during 10-minute breaks. During the trial, I paused for a few seconds of silence and methodically tied up the loose ends of my closing monologue. My mock trial team sat quietly for a couple of minutes until the judges offered some feedback and tabulated the scores. Unfortunately, we lost in a landslide and would not be moving on to the final round of competition.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
642 words (1.8 pages)
- Having worked on both small and large scale internet ventures, as well as in traditional brick and mortar enterprises, I have truly fallen in love with the entrepreneur world of business. I have been the CEO of my own smaller companies and have been an integral part of large scale operations. My professional goal is to become the most effective entrepreneur and manager I am capable of becoming. My sample set of experiences has been both wide ranging and engaging, but a Harvard Business School education will serve to hone my skills and sharpen my ability to think.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
249 words (0.7 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - My Most Significant Leadership Role During the last three years I have devoted a significant amount of time and energy to the betterment of young entrepreneurs, who in this country are mistreated, stripped of opportunities, and looked down upon. In my quest to start my own business, I faced many obstacles that I later found to plague all entrepreneurs in my country. Established family heads discourage their younger members from starting separate businesses; they would rather their younger members join them in the so called "safe business." Moreover, companies and government organizations will not award contracts to young people since older people earn respec... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
346 words (1 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - My Three Most Substantial Accomplishments Although trained as an engineer, my most substantial accomplishments have been in non-engineering sectors since the management and finance divisions of my company necessitated my involvement and a change in my career goals. From the early 1990's, after the introduction of the free economy in Poland, almost all of our companies in our family owned business began losing money, and I needed to help save it. There I was, the poor little textile engineer, answering questions asked by people from Citicorp, the agents from Soros Funds, and many other local banks.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
679 words (1.9 pages)