Ever since Ford put out the first main line production car, there has been a market for gasoline. Since then, the automobile has made a humongous impact on the United States, as well as the entire world. This new invention allowed the average citizen to commute to work without the hassle of mass transit and horses. However, with this new supply of automobiles came the demand for the fuel they required to run. It was not known back then that the consumption of these fuels could actually hurt the environment, or even run dry. Today it is commonly known that these fuels aren’t unlimited, or good for the environment. Action must be taken to reduce and eventually eliminate these threats to human existence. That is why I propose to increase the tax on gasoline by one dollar per gallon. The money generated from this taxation would be spent on programs to find an alternative source of energy, stop pollution, and reduce the need for fossil fuels that the earth so heavily depends on.
Man has used fossil fuels for thousands of years. For millions of years they have rested beneath the earths surface, however, recently man has began to consume these fuels at an incredible rate. The rates are so high that many experts say the earth’s fossil fuel supply will run out in the next century unless alternative forms of energy can be found. Currently one of the most consumed fossil fuels is oil, which in a refined state provides power to a majority of the cars, buses, and planes used every day on this planet. (#1) The consumption of oil is increasing every year, and the earth’s oil reserves are becoming less. With the danger of depleting the planet’s oil supplies, humanity must keep searching fo...
... middle of paper ...
...states where you may find wind turbines, but there are also others were you wouldn’t find them. This is why I would invest more money into the alternative energy sources than alternative fuels.
Alternative energy is the future for our nation as well as the earth. By taxing each gallon of gas by a dollar and investing the money into development of my programs would help protect the environment while still supplying the United States energy needs. If you think about it, isn’t it worth one more dollar per gallon to help preserve the earth?
# 1 http://www.bydesign.com/fossilfuels/links/html/oil/oil_use.html
C 1998-1999-2000 byDesign and PowervisioN for The Greening Earth Society
Alternative Fuels Data Center
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The EPA: Can It, Will It Save Our Environment. Pollution of our environment is an issue that concerns each and every one of us. "The threat of environmental degradation now looms greater than the threat of nuclear war." Patrick Henry said, "I know no way of judging the future but by the past." In the past man has trampled on the environment. "The word 'ecology' means 'a study of home.'" It means discovering what damage man has done, then finding ways to fix it.The Environmental Protection Agency is trying to fix our home, the planet Earth.... [tags: essays research papers]
671 words (1.9 pages)
- Could Slowing the Effects of Global Warming Global warming has been a recurring issue in the news lately, but not everyone realizes how great the impact is on the Earth. One space between sentences The whole world's climate is changing. Climate change occurs naturally, but now people are not only causing it, they’re speeding it up. Scientists believe that our use of fossil fuels causes global warming (Musgrave). If the 6.6 billion people on the earth change a few daily habits, we may be able to slow the effects of global warming and ensure that the life of our fossil fuels is extended.... [tags: Proposal Essay Global Warming]
1860 words (5.3 pages)
- Proposal for Gasoline Tax Increase On a daily basis, millions of cars are driven by millions of Americans to millions of different places. For most of those millions of people, their cars are their lives and that's all that matter. A second thought is rarely given to the fact that conventional gasoline vehicles are depositing millions of harmful chemical gases into the atmosphere. Many people in America are not aware of what automobile emissions are doing to our environment. If every American knew all the facts about gasoline vehicles, perhaps then they would be motivated and willing to contribute whatever is needed to save the environment from the destruction that gasoline vehicles are ca... [tags: Environment Environmental Pollution, fossil fuels]
1363 words (3.9 pages)
- A. Develop a proposal for an online business expansion in which you do the following: 1. Discuss how you will facilitate customer payment using e-commerce solutions (e.g., how the transaction will take place, including the tools customers will use). There are a wide range of options available for shopping carts solutions related to ecommerce. Many factors go into the final decision for the payment option; funding, support staff, time and security just to name a few. A shopping cart that would be a good choice for the Cancer Care and Research Center (CCRC) is Volusion 2013.... [tags: e-commerce solutions]
2840 words (8.1 pages)
- Survey Information PCBs are contributors to the impurity of water in the environment, which is why we believe the Task Force should urge the public to use alternative, environment friendly products. Since bleached paper and dyed papers contain high levels of PCBs or chemicals related to the inadvertent production of PCBs, these types of products should be avoided as much as possible(Christie 31). The yellow legal pad is a specific example of a pigmented paper that is quite detrimental to the environment.... [tags: actions to save the environment]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction Nowadays wearable electronic devices are becoming more and more popular. On the one hand, people care more about their health. Therefore wristband with health monitoring function are highly demand. On the other hand, the trend of larger screen smartphone make it difficult to hold within one hand. So some manufacturers provide smartwatches as an accessory of their smartphones which have screens over 5 inch. Today we want to introduce Watchlife, a totally new wearable device that is truly designed to enhance people’s life.... [tags: wearable device, benefits, feasibilty]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Proposing Taxation of Products to Preserve Wildlife and the Environment “Only after the last tree has been cut down, Only after the last river has been poisoned, Only after the last fish has been caught, Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten.” ---The Cree People Wildlife is declining more rapidly each day with innumerable species already on the endangered species list and hundreds more waiting to be put on. Although great efforts are being made by organizations and individuals to save these endangered animals there are still many things needed to be done.... [tags: Environment Environmental Pollution Preservation]
1889 words (5.4 pages)
- Biofuel Proposal Executive Summary: The power and prosperity of The United States of America will be severely hindered if changes are not taken within the next few years to reduce its dependency on oil and improve its usage of biofuel. The process to become less dependent on foreign energy sources will be crucial for the stability and growth of the nation in the upcoming years. Re-examining subsidies and tariffs are essential if any positive change is to be made. A Shift Away From Oil Is Crucial The consequences of the United States’ reliance on oil have brought together the nation’s leaders in ways that few issues have in decades.... [tags: Biofuel Energy Oil Renewable]
1405 words (4 pages)
- The purpose of this report is to propose a solution to the problem of reduced drinking water quality due to chemical pollution. Some bodies of water in the United States are becoming polluted from chemicals and restrictions are needed to protect drinking water quality. THE BACKGROUND OF CHEMICAL USE AND WATER QUALITY Drinking water quality was not a concern until the last century when the use of chemicals was greatly expanded. Chemicals are used to kill weeds, insects, and other pests. Chemicals are typically sprayed on an area and are designed not to harm the crop, grass, or other plants that you want to remain.... [tags: Drinking Water Quality Essays]
1234 words (3.5 pages)
- NCE Informational System Proposal Summary Introduction The following proposal summary has been prepared by the Information Technology (IT) team describing a new information system required by our Advanced Services Network Consulting Engineers (NCEs). The information provided has been summarized and is intended to provide an overview of the proposed project. Executive Summary Within our organization we have a group of Network Consulting Engineers (NCEs) that provide Planning, Design, Implementation, and Operational (PDIO) services to contracted enterprise and service provider clients.... [tags: Business Network Consulting IT Essays]
2502 words (7.1 pages)