The Jerry Springer Show is a rough, crude and ruthless talk show, but Jerry Springer is not. By watching the show, people would think that Jerry Springer was a crude person. Just the opposite, Jerry Springer is a very intelligent and well accomplished person. The Jerry Springer Show is considered entertainment to some, and sleaze to others. This show is a big hit and not just in the United States, but are people taking the show to literally?
I was very surprised to see what kind of man Jerry Springer is. Jerry Springer was born in London, England in 1944. At age five, Springer and his parents immigrated to New York City. Springer may seem shallow and dirty, but he actually is a very intelligent person. He has a degree in political science from Tulane University and a law degree from Northwestern University. At age 33, Springer was elected Mayor of Cincinnati. Later, Springer pursued his career in television. He was a political reporter and commentator in Cincinnati. He then became Cincinnati’s number one news anchor.
Springers employers took him to lunch and gave him a new assignment of hosting a talk show. The first Jerry Springer show was aired on September 30, 1991. After watching his show, I thought that he would be like his guest. The background of Jerry Springer shocked me. He is nothing like the guest on his show. He has many accomplishments and is very smart.
The talk show is like no other on television. The ratings of The Jerry Springer Show have surpassed The Oprah Winfrey Show. What makes this show so popular? Maybe is some of the catchy titles such as “Jerry Rescues a 1200-Pound Couple,” “Give Me Back My Lover,” or “I’m Having a Secret Affair.” Whatever the ...
... middle of paper ...
...ed to understand that it is just TV.
The Jerry Springer Show was shown during a school mid-term last September at a Bridgeport Connecticut high school. A student at Stratford High School was attacked by another student after viewing the show. The students say that the show sparked a disagreement and one student attacked another student as they left class. Besides having teenage call girls on the show there are some serious topics, such as Klu Klux Klan. You do not have to be a certain age to be targeted by the show, you just have to be entertained by it.
If you want to see fights of many kinds, tune into The Jerry Springer Show. There are many people who are opposed to this “trash TV,” but there are plenty who find it entertaining. Jerry Springer said that he does not get a lot of hate mail simply because, “If they don’t like it, they don’t watch it.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Legacy of the Jerry Springer Show For years we have heard the audience yell "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!" and go crazy for those Jerry beads. But will Jerry Springer actually be remembered years from now. Some may argue that no, Jerry Springer was just a phase and no one will care about it in the future. They may be right at some level. No one really watches the show like before, but Jerry Springer has left an impact on American culture which is something worth talking about. Springer has changed how many watch television, and in a sense, has introduced a little more explicitly violence on television.... [tags: Television Show]
1743 words (5 pages)
- Gerald Norman Springer was born on February 19, 1944 in England to a set of Jewish refugee parents who fled Germany and immigrated to the U.S while Springer was a child. Springer attended schooling at Tulane University in New Orleans, LA earning a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science in 1965. He followed this by attending Northwestern University Law School in Chicago, IL where he earned a Juries Doctorate law degree. After graduating, Springer was employed as an aide to Robert F. Kennedy. When Kennedy was assassinated, Springer became a member of a Cincinnati law firm and was elected as a councilman in the 1970’s.... [tags: Television Media]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- Television has come a long way from the first black and white silent show to its current craze, which happens to be the television talk shows. In the nineteen eighties, the daytime airwaves were monopolised by soap operas and game shows but the trend gradually evolved to talk shows towards the nineties. Being before my time, research appears to imply that the talk show intrusion of our airwaves all seemed to start with the originals such as Geraldo Riveria, Donahue and Sally Jesse Rafael. Surprisingly though, some of the morality and the topics remain somewhat similar throughout the years, such as the improvement of society and the quality of life often show on shows like the Oprah Winfrey... [tags: essays research papers]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- Defining Moment When thinking of a defining moment, most people think of happiness or a once in a lifetime type of scenery. My defining moment transpired August 2, 2007, this is the day my grandmother made her transition to her heavenly home. Many days I would relive this day and the moments leading up to her life transition. Although I wanted my grandmother to remain at her earthly home in my presence, God had an assignment for her in his heavenly home. So, I’m left with memories of her beautiful face, sweet voice, and everyday values that she instilled in me during my adolescent’s years.... [tags: Thought, Mind, The Jerry Springer Show]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- Drawing on known ethical theories assesses the BBC’s decision to broadcast Jerry Springer: The Opera in 2005. This essay will discuss whether the BBC’s decision to broadcast the scandalous musical ‘Jerry Springer: The Opera’ came from a beneficial moral standpoint. It will inform basic information about the show itself, reveal complaint numbers, discuss the issue of freedom of expression again causing offence and then apply Kantianism and Utilitarianism theories to the situation. and discuss which theory provided the most helpful guidance in making that decision.... [tags: Freedom of speech, Censorship, Morality]
1488 words (4.3 pages)
- The Deceit of Day Time Talk Shows such as Jerry Springer As you walk apprehensively onto the stage, the large audience howls those infamous expressions. You nervously seat yourself beside your fiancée not knowing what to expect; you are nervous and overcome with anxiety. Finally, Jerry, in his scratchy, high-pitched voice, utters those predictable words, "So, don't you have something to tell your boyfriend?" She turns to you, holding your hand in the most gentle and loving manner, gazes into your eyes and says, "Remember about four months ago when I disappeared that night at your parent's house.... [tags: Papers]
1343 words (3.8 pages)
- Talk Shows: Why Jerry Springer Loves our Children Jerry Springer is one of the most popular daytime talk show hosts. Each day on the Jerry Springer show, guest talk about their problems in front of national television. Jerry Springer helps his guest work through their problems by adding in comments to fuel the argument. During the show, the audience is watching the problem’s unfold with a dramatic twist to the guest’s conflicting matters. A typical day on the Jerry Springer show is filled with cursing, shouting and fighting.... [tags: Essays Papers]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- When asked "What is the trashiest show on television?" I wouldn't doubt that the majority of the population would agree that it was The Jerry Springer Show. The show deals with people and there issues in the way like many other self-help shows do, for example Oprah or Dr. Phil, but the issues that are dealt with are quite different. Although one may argue that the people on The Jerry Springer Show are simply freaks, a sociologist would say that the issues on the show are dysfunctions of society and this show is an outlet for them to show off their abnormality.... [tags: Performance Arts]
2186 words (6.2 pages)
- At the death of Jerry Lewis, the King of the Golden era comedy Jerry Lewis, the comedian slapstick-loving, innovative filmmaker and fundraiser generous for the muscle-Shareholder association, died Sunday, August 20, 2017 after a short illness. It was 91. Jerry Lewis was one of the first comic superstar. and many legendary comics (Murphy, Pryor, Williams, Carlin, Sienfeld, ect.) Tribute to the path he has made for her and to mention Laurent often as one of her comic idols grow. He was a famous comedian in the world, he made out of stock, headline show in Las Vegas.... [tags: Jerry Lewis, Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Cameron Crowe's Film Jerry Maguire In his movie Jerry Maguire, director Cameron Crowe illustrates how failures and successes are all part of life and if you have love and are happy with your life then you will surely succeed. It is part of life to experience failure which propels one forward to take risks and make changes to find the answers on how to succeed in lives little games. Jerry Maguire is an inspiring movie based on this theme, demonstrating success and failure with business endeavors, love relationships, friendships and self realization.... [tags: Crowe Movie Film Jerry Maguire Essays]
816 words (2.3 pages)