Weather has been almost an unpredictable element that the world faces every day.
Predicting weather has almost been impossible until technology came into the picture.
There have been big technological breakthroughs with satellites and radars that help forecasters predict future weather conditions all around the world. Technologies has advanced throughout the years and are continuing to become more advanced today.
Technology has helped scientist understand the most dangerous natural disasters in the world to help protect the public and allow society get to a safe location when the time is necessary.
Radar, stands for Radio detection and ranging. Radar transmits microwaves in a focused beam. The microwave energy bounces off of its primary object and returns as data to be measured (Weather Questions 1). Radar then will send pulses of energy, rather than a continuous signal, which it will then measure how far away the object was when the microwaves reflected off of it. Combined with the radar's ability to scan up and down and in a circular motion which allows the radar to detect elements in all directions, modern radars can measure three dimensionally and up to one hundred miles from the radar(Weather Questions 2). The development and advancement in the radar has progressed the ability to learn more about weather and its developments. As radar continually develops and becomes more advanced, the more likely scientist will be able to understand and predict the future directions and outcomes a storm may have.
Weather satellites have been our eyes in the sky for more than 40 years. Weather satellite images showing the advanced weather fronts are regular elements of the news station. Satellites give ...
... middle of paper ...
...fely make it through a snowstorm.
Technology has effectively improved the predictions and understanding of very serious natural disasters and storms. Radars and Satellites have greatly helped scientists predict the pathways of storms and weather fronts. Due to the advancement of technology scientists have started to learn and understand the devilments and anatomies of the most feared natural disasters such as Hurricanes, Tornadoes, and Snowstorms. Scientist’s predictions and discoveries have helped the public get into a safer location. Weather technology advanced and is continuing to improve to help prevent casualties and economic loses. Weather Technology has came a long way from the pioneering days of storm predictions, If the technology continues to improve there is a great possibility that the public will become more prepared and damages will be at a minimum.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Technology is very important in every stage of a storm. Starting at the beginning and tracking it to the end. In order to do this certain instruments are used. Here are a few instruments that are used to track storms. The observations of a storm will help meteorologists predict the type of storm that is coming and how long it will last. It will also help them to better prepare the public in case of a severe storm. There are instruments used to track the weather before the storm and they are the anemometer, the wind vane, the hygrograph, and the barometer.... [tags: Meteorology Weather Technology]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Weather forecasting can be defined in so many ways; one of such ways is the application of science and technology to predict the state of the atmosphere for a future time and a given location.” Although the concept of weather forecasting seems exciting weather forecasters are taken for granted; people fail to realize that they have so much to contribute to the economy. ‘’Is it possible by any means to make weather predictions beyond one or two weeks’’. According to Matthew E. Kahn it has been proven, atmospheric scientists reports of long range climate forecast that are among the best that they have ever had, been able to predict climate for up to six months in advance.... [tags: Climate Change, Weather Forecasting]
1653 words (4.7 pages)
- ... You see, cement is made from limestone taken from the geosphere. Cement production involves heating limestone and releasing its stored carbon as carbon dioxide. Burning fossil fuels like gasoline, diesel and coal releases carbon into the atmosphere. Every time you drive your gas car you are burning carbon that was stored underground for millions of years. Where on earth do you think this shift is most visible. You can't see the signs of climate change from one day to the next, but if you compare from year to year, the clues are everywhere.... [tags: carbon, cycle, weather, shift]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- 'I saw dancing lights in the sky, spiking straight up starting around a few hundred feet off the ground. They waved a bit like curtains’-Mike Taylor. The Aurora Borealis is a display of solar flares that collide with the earth's atmosphere and cause a phenomenal light show, but do the impact of the solar flares affect the earth in any way. If so, is it a positive or negative reaction. Solar flares are also known as space weather. It is said in many research papers that space weather has a long term effect on the earth's atmosphere.... [tags: solar flare, wind, x-ray]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- Weather in Space and the Effects on Earth For years, citizens in the United States have had access to televised weather as well as radar images of storm activity from around the world. Weather prediction has become increasingly accurate with the advancement of technology and should continue to get better. For the majority of people following the weather has become a routine part of their lives. As a society we seem to be well educated about the weather occurring on our own planet but we know little of the weather that occurs in space.... [tags: Papers]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- Certainly technology has always impacted both students and teachers in the classroom. The invention of Guttenberg’s printing press in 1451 brought the printed word to the masses and made learning more accessible to the common man. The introduction of the pocket calculator in the 1970’s freed professionals and students from the slide rule and made learning and performing mathematical calculations much less time consuming. Fast forward to today and the technological opportunities are stunning. Students today carry around cellular phones that are far more powerful and magnitudes smaller in size than many of the first computers.... [tags: Technology]
1758 words (5 pages)
- Weather Forecasting is Still an Imperfect Science Despite the increase in meteorological technology combined with the advanced skills of well-educated humans, weather forecasting is nevertheless inaccurate at times. However it is not solely due to factors such as inadequate technology or expert negligence towards observation and data interpretation. The weather is a phenomenally active and unpredictable, often astounding even the most knowledgeable of meteorologists for example when El Nino occurs; yet the significance of weather forecasting is imperative for industry, agriculture and commerce.... [tags: Papers]
433 words (1.2 pages)
- The purpose of this paper is to explain the advances being made in technology and algorithms in helping advance the accuracy of forecasting. It will contrast the forecasting methods of several decades ago with forecasting methods in use today. In discussing how errors can accumulate over time and providing simple mathematical formulas as examples, this paper intends to show how the repetition of minor errors can affect the accuracy of weather predictions. Introduction Back in the days of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, weather observations were recorded daily but not hourly or by the minute.... [tags: Meteorology]
1547 words (4.4 pages)
- Natural Technology With all the technological advancements and ingenious inventions our culture and world have been introduced to, it is difficult to remove ourselves from what we are accustomed to and what our expectations are of technology, in order to dwell on what technology really is. Technology, to many, may be any appliance that uses a battery or has to be plugged into an outlet in the wall in order to work. When a person thinks of writing technology, similar thoughts may take place.... [tags: Inventing Technology Writing Essays]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- Weather Delays. We seem to have heard so much more about them in recent years. Is the weather getting worse. Are the newer planes less able to stand the rough weather than the planes of the past. Maybe travelers just complain more What is the reason for the 70% increase in flight delays and 23% increase in cancellations blamed on the weather since 1978. Are the airlines just using weather as a catch all to cover other problems and keep themselves covered under the statemeant ”you cant control the weather”.... [tags: essays research papers]
2033 words (5.8 pages)