For as long as I can remember, the week after Thanksgiving my father would get up even earlier than usual, get all bundled up in his camouflage clothes, and head up into the woods bright and early. I wasn’t exactly sure why this morning routine was so mundane compared to his usual work day routine, but as I grew older I would begin to understand. Time went on and I finally learned where he was going, though I still didn’t exactly know why he was going hunting.
At the age of 12 my Dad told me I would finally be able to go hunting with him, if I wanted. Although a pistol can be used, a...
... middle of paper ...
...ns we had plenty of time to talk about things, but I also had time to sit and think about things for myself in the calm outdoors. That first day of hunting proved to me that hunting is one of the most fun and enjoyable things to do, along with an emotional experience, as long as it is done safety.
“Ignoring hunter safety can be a fatal mistake.” Times-Picayune. 13 Nov. 2013. 36.
Kathman, Margaret. “A Reluctant Deer Hunter.” September 7, 2013, Blog Web. 4 Dec. 2013.
Feinman, Ron. Personal. Web. 4 Dec. 2013.
Slinksy, Jim “The Perfect Deer Rifle.” Web. 4 Dec. 2013.
The Ultimate Hunting Network. Web. 4 Dec. 2013.
Whitetails Unlimited. Web. 4 Dec. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Deer Hunting. As a young girl growing up in a small town in Pennsylvania, it was common for me to be around hunting. All of the men in my family were hunters, fishers, and trappers. As I grew older my view on hunting changed. I no longer viewed hunting as the normal thing to do but began to see it as wrong. Year after year I watched as the men in my family would go out to camp to chase bear or hunt deer. Each time I hoped they wouldn’t get anything. I am arguing against hunting. I feel that hunting is no longer needed for survival but rather for sport.... [tags: Hunting, Deer, Deer hunting, White-tailed deer]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- Imagine the biggest deer of our life walking in front of us. The thing is so big that at first glance you didn’t even think it was a deer. That is what the Zellmer deer camp is all about. The deer camp was started seven and a half decades ago by my grandfather’s grandfather. The Zellmer deer camp consists of nine Zellmer’s and one family friend. It consists of myself and my three brothers, my dad, my uncle, and my three cousins along with my cousin’s friend. We have carried this tradition on since 1940 when my grandfather’s grandfather started it.... [tags: Hunting, Deer, Olfaction, Odor]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- Deer overpopulation is a controversial topic. Some believe that deer overpopulation is not a real problem. Some may also believe the high numbers that studies show, is a scheme to give hunters an excuse to hunt without reason. The truth is that deer overpopulation is a true issue. Deer, especially the eastern whitetail deer population in these modern times, is out of control. “There are an estimated 30 million whitetail deer in the United States today. Under optimal conditions, whitetail deer populations will double every two years”(Rooney).... [tags: White-tailed deer, Hunting, Deer, Meat]
1436 words (4.1 pages)
- Hunting is a controversial topic. Many people think that hunting is just about killing animals; therefore, they think it is wrong. Hunting is something that people have done for centuries. It is a sport that people can learn from, so everyone should go at least once. Hunting is a tradition in a lot of families, it teaches people respect and responsibility, and it provides food for people. First of all, hunting has been a tradition in families for many of years, so people need to go at least once to experience how wonderful it is.... [tags: Hunting, Deer, Deer hunting, Deer farm]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- It’s a brisk November morning like any other day, but today isn’t any other day, today is the first day of firearm deer season. Shots are going off everywhere like world war three declared on deer. I’m wrapped in every hunting garment I own but winters cold embrace always finds its way in. My cheeks are rosy red and my breath was thick in the air. As I raise my shotgun and pull the trigger, my heart races and my hands shake. As I race after my prize, the sounds of leaves crunching beneath my feet are muffled by the ringing in my ears.... [tags: Hunting Essays]
2856 words (8.2 pages)
- The first day the hunter goes out into the woods will become a memory they will value the rest of their lives because of all the positive benefits that come with hunting. The animal population grows every day, reducing the overpopulation remains one of the major benefits of hunting wildlife. Also, hunting provides families that live in areas that can hunt to supply food for their families. When thinking of the word hunting, many people associate a gun and a dead animal, but the hunter does not compare those items to the sport.... [tags: Hunting, Food, Deer, Game]
1063 words (3 pages)
- To hunt or not to hunt. For me, the answer is to hunt. I am an avid hunter and can think of nothing I like better than the sport of hunting. There are many reasons I love to hunt, One of the biggest being for the food it provides for me and my family. There are many reasons I believe hunting is a good thing, if not a necessity. From food, to tradition, to connecting with nature, and the challenge, adventure and skill required to prosper at hunting. Along with those, and many other reasons are why I love hunting.... [tags: Hunting, Food, Game, Deer, Skill, Learning]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- When many people think of hunting they think of cruel, evil people senselessly killing innocent animals. What they don’t realize is that hunting is a passed down tradition and a way for people to bond with others who share a love for the sport. There are two main types of hunting: bowhunting and hunting with a rifle. There are strict rules and regulations that apply to hunting, so someone can’t just go out and start shooting up all the animals. Before anyone can hunt, they have to pass a class and a field test in order to get their license.... [tags: Hunting, Deer, Wildlife management, Game]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- The topic of hunting has always been filled with controversy, excitement and trepidation for the environment. Both sides have varies ideas as to what is wrong and right. I realize that many people do not understand why people have to hunt or why people do hunt. One of the questions that kept coming to mind is why so many people are against hunting when their ancestors hunted and without hunting many of them would not be alive today. This question is relevant because many people are becoming to be worried that animals are in pain when being hunted and that it is unfair for people to hunt selfless animals with modern weaponry, and with many people going against the right to own guns.... [tags: Hunting, Wildlife management, Game]
1460 words (4.2 pages)
- For as long as I can remember the guys on my dads side have always gone hunting and the first gun they used has always been passed down to the next generation. When my parents divorced, I was young around eight years old and for a while my dad and I never felt as close as we did before the divorce. So for a while I never had the opportunity. For the last four years me and my dad have been getting along great, he has remarried and I like my step-mom. I got over to their house on the weekends and this past year during fall and winter my dad decided that it was the right time to pass the tradition on down to me.... [tags: essay about my family]
651 words (1.9 pages)