Buying or selling a house or an apartment is one of the biggest decisions of a person’s life. And when selling or establishing a price for real estate, people seek out real estate agents to do the dirty work. A real estate agent has to convince a prospective homeowner that he or she is trustworthy and knowledgeable. In many ways, the agent acts as a counselor to individuals and families about to embark on a huge commitment. Real estate agents have a thorough knowledge or real estate market in their community. They
know which neighborhoods will best fit their client’s needs and budgets.
Real estate agents are generally independent sales employees who provide their services to licensed brokers on a contract basis. In return, the broker pays the agent a portion of the commission earned from property sold through the firm, by the agents. They are familiar with local zoning and tax laws, and know where to obtain financing. A good real estate agent is informed about things like schools, tax rates, public transportation
systems, and should be aware of going mortgage rates.
To be eligible to become a real estate agent, he or she must first be a high school graduate, be at least 18 years of age, and pass a written test. In every state real estate agents must obtain a state license to sell and rent properties. Over 1,000 universities, colleges, and junior colleges offer courses in real estate. Many local real estate associations sponsor courses covering...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The most formidable aspect in real estate has to be maintaining one’s career. Although there are many agents in this career field, the competitive environment portrayed daily makes this career one that may prove to be unsuitable for the meek. Negotiations, persuasion, debate and often a frequent contest for supremacy in the agency are recurring tasks when trying to sell property to clients. One could think of this as similar to the board game “Monopoly”, in reverse. Rather than trying to own all the property around, these “players” attempt to sell as much land as they possibly can.... [tags: Real Estate Career Essays]
1938 words (5.5 pages)
- This paper goes into detail about becoming a real estate agent in Ontario. It talks about how there are many benefits that go along with the occupation which include making your own work schedule. It also talks about how there many negatives such as not making any money in the first few months of working as a real estate agent. In order to become a real estate agent, people must complete several courses offered by the Ontario Real Estate Association College. In addition to the completion of the courses, people must register with the Real Estate Council of Ontario.... [tags: Real estate, Property, Real property]
1471 words (4.2 pages)
- As a real estate agent in Columbia, SC with over a decade of experience in land sales, I have learned how to avoid most of the issues that arise at the closing table prior to making an offer to purchase. When buying land or acreage, you need to be informed of what you are getting into and how your property may be used in the future. It is common to have an unforeseen problem arise, but here are a few tips that may get you on the right track and questions to ask your real estate agent. The first question that you should always ask when purchasing real estate is, "Are there restrictive covenants that run with the property?" Restrictive covenants, commonly referred to as restrictions or covenan... [tags: Real estate, Real property, Home, Want]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- 5 Things You Must Know as a Real Estate Agent Starting a profession as a real estate agent is energizing and you will need to get straight down to business. Your long haul achievement depends on numerous things, yet a decent real estate business strategy is a standout. Do not let your enthusiasm and excitement to get with a customer immediately keep you from the essential business arranging and planning tasks The tips and guidelines here will offer you to concentrate on the important real estate business practices and get a quick start on building your prospect base without spending a ton of cash.... [tags: Real estate, Management, Business, Want]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Career Paper: Real Estate Agent Everyone will experience buying a house at one point or another. Why not have a real estate agent help you and guide you through the process. I chose this occupation because it interests me for many different reasons. Wouldn’t you like a job where your schedule revolved around your life. Or you could control the growth of your business. Or basically over time, be your own boss. These are a few of the many reasons the real estate industry has caught my eye.... [tags: career choices/opportunities]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- Welcome to Mique Yarbar: C. Larson Real Estate in Big Springs, TX where you will find the best services to get the ideal home that you are looking for. Our primary goal is to make you a homeowner and to ensure that you have an exceptional service during every step of the home buying process. As a local real estate agency, it is our responsibility to make sure that you are satisfied with the real estate that you purchase. Whenever you are looking for a quality estate, it is always important to find agents from a local real estate agency that are knowledgeable and know how to get the job done.... [tags: Real estate, Real property, Estate agent]
1534 words (4.4 pages)
- Many people deal in real estate property because it brings much profit. Today, selling, buying and renting property is something each person will think one day. To complete any transaction, it is important to engage the services of a top Realtor who has been in business for long. The realtor plays different roles to help a client acquire a property for use. These experts play different roles such as looking for a property on behalf of customers to buy or rent. They also get the properties and sell it to get a profit.... [tags: Real estate, Real property, Estate agent]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- The purpose of this paper is to choose an organization during any period in history that I believe is or was successful and then to explain why it is or was successful. During the explanation, I am to use least ten outside sources when writing the paper. So, the organization that I chose to write about is a regional Real Estate Company named John L. Scott. Unless you have lived in the Norwest portion of the United States, then you probably have never heard of this company. I believe that John L.... [tags: Real estate, Sales, Estate agent, Real property]
1787 words (5.1 pages)
- Real Estate Agent Taking up a real estate agent to be a profession is an exceptional choice, which holds a variety of reimbursement. But first a little information about a real estate agent is inevitable. The job description of a real estate agent is quiet simple; they buy, sell and rent properties for and to different clients. A real estate agent needs to know what the house market is in the communities that they are working in. Now coming back to our main topic, the benefits of being a real estate agent are diverse; the income potential is unlimited, (depending on the size of the premise).... [tags: properties, market, sales]
531 words (1.5 pages)
- Real Estate Agent Buying or selling a house or an apartment is one of the biggest decisions of a person’s life. And when selling or establishing a price for real estate, people seek out real estate agents to do the dirty work. A real estate agent has to convince a prospective homeowner that he or she is trustworthy and knowledgeable. In many ways, the agent acts as a counselor to individuals and families about to embark on a huge commitment. Real estate agents have a thorough knowledge or real estate market in their community.... [tags: miscellaneous]
577 words (1.6 pages)