Evolution is a theory that’s based on science and more detailed evidence while Creationism is a faith-based theory. In no way is faith, a factor that influences the ideas and theories supported by scientists. As such, you really cannot compare one to the other; you have to just choose which one you believe is true although it is possible to believe in both at the same time. Since the beginning of human life, there has been a single question that has puzzled even the greatest of philosophers and scientists. Humans are, by nature, interested in their past. As a result every civilization through out time has sought to find the origin of life, and answered it to meet their needs. Early civilizations taught that there was a group of gods located on a far off mountain at the edge of the earth. These gods were responsible for everything.
Civilizations grew more complex and learned more about the world around them. Soon events that were once looked at as magical or supernatural were explained and proven through logic, mathematical reasoning, and the evidence available. In the early to mid nineteenth century a scientist named Charles Darwin proposed a theory that broke the away from the common threads of reasoning that looked to deity or a higher force intervening with humans. “Darwin’s proposition was labeled Natural Selection, or more commonly referred to as The Survival of the Fittest. Charles Darwin proposed that living beings evolve, or chang...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Evolution versus Creationism Evolution is a theory that’s based on science and more detailed evidence while Creationism is a faith-based theory. In no way is faith, a factor that influences the ideas and theories supported by scientists. As such, you really cannot compare one to the other; you have to just choose which one you believe is true although it is possible to believe in both at the same time. Since the beginning of human life, there has been a single question that has puzzled even the greatest of philosophers and scientists.... [tags: Evolution Bible]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- Evolution versus Creationism in the American School System “God. God. God!” My ears were ringing from my father’s latest lecture. He wasn’t very consistent with his church attendance, so I primarily learned about the ways of Christianity through his own instruction. This lesson pertained to our creation. He described how God, after his six-day creation binge, formed the first man, Adam, from dust, and the first woman, Eve, from Adam’s rib. Early on in my life, my father’s beliefs were my own. He raised me to be a good Catholic girl and due to a lack of any sort of alternative, a good Catholic girl I became.... [tags: Education System]
1958 words (5.6 pages)
- In 1859, Charles Darwin published his book On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, which proposed the theory of evolution. This book, along with others that followed, began the long dispute between evolutionist and creationist. Were we created by a supernatural Supreme Being, or did our creation occur purely by chance. First, lets look at the two conflicting theories. Common usage of the term “evolution” is that living things in our world have come into existence through unguided naturalistic processes beginning from a primeval mass of subatomic particles and radiation, over 20 billion years ago.... [tags: Creation Versus Evolution]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- Creation Versus Evolution “Creation Versus Evolution.” What’s wrong with this title. Read it to yourself a few times, and then answer that question. We’ve all heard of the argument. Creationism, the idea that God created all the species as they appear today, versus Evolutionism, the idea that all life evolved from simple bacteria to all the species that appear today, is a familiar controversy. Ever since Darwin first published the Theory of Evolution in his controversial 1859 book The Origin of Species, the debate has raged between religion and science.... [tags: Creationism Evolution Science Religion Essays]
4908 words (14 pages)
- My research of Darwinian evolution has led me to believe that there is little room for spirituality of any kind in a truly rigorous scientific theory of the origin of life. This is disconcerting, to say the least. Obviously we have outgrown a strictly creationist lens, but has religion become completely obsolete. Does spirituality have a real place amongst the scientific tenets of evolutionary theory, or is it merely a crutch that we lean on. Can God and Darwin co-exist. The constantly mounting collection of evidence for evolution by natural selection is almost impossible to ignore.... [tags: Natural Selection, Evolution Essays]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- Since the publishing of Charles Darwin’s Origin of Species, where the theory of evolution has arisen from, people have debated Creationism versus Evolution. Through supporting facts and statements the theory of evolution will be defended as being more than just a theory, and proven as fact. Evolution as a fact is reinforced through; scientific studies on DNA, genetics and its mutilation, the Fossil Record and the change in earlier species that has been found, and finally the distribution of related species of animals over a broad geographical range.... [tags: evolution]
625 words (1.8 pages)
- If the question was posed as to what is the debate between creationism vs. evolution consist of, the thought that it is ‘“God did it” vs. “Natural processes did it,”’ (Scott, 2004) may arise. Science cannot absolutely prove or disprove Creation or Evolution. Yet scientist and the remainder of society use creationism and evolution to prove our existence. Creationist believe in the Christian account of the origin as recorded in Genesis. Creationism is the belief that statements such as “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth” (NIV) found in Genesis 1:1 and also “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” (NIV) found in John 1:1.... [tags: science vs religion]
1637 words (4.7 pages)
- There is a difference between Darwinism and Creationism, one is based on data and the other is based on belief. Darwinism concerns itself as a science, that is explained by scientific methodology. Biological evolution concerns changes in living things during the history of life on earth. It explains that living things share common ancestors and over time evolutionary change gives rise to new species. On the other hand, the ideas of creation science is derived from the conviction of most Abrahemic religions that God created the universe-including humans and other living things-all at once in the relatively recent past.... [tags: Science Creationism Darwinism Papers]
1971 words (5.6 pages)
- Creationism vs. Evolution This paper will focus on the huge controversy between Creationism and Evolution. I will provide two opposing viewpoints on this subject. First, the discussion will focus on the question of why many people believe that God created the universe and all living things. On the other end of the spectrum, scientific information will be presented that substantiates the evidence against the existence of God. This creationism counter-argument known as evolution has its roots in our contemporary understanding of a progressive process of natural evolution.... [tags: Religion Science Religious Essays]
1660 words (4.7 pages)
- In a typical American high school, Mr. Doe, the science teacher begins his discussion on the theory of evolution. John, a student opposes the idea the humans came from apes and evolved. John believes that men came from God and that man was created in 6 days. Jane hears this and argues against John, “How could anything possibly be created in 6 days. This sort of project would take millions of years!” By using up all 45 minutes of class time discussing creationism and evolution, this is a metaphor to the eternal debate as to the origin of the human species.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1783 words (5.1 pages)