"To ‘learn’ history means to seek and find the forces which are the causes leading to those effects which we subsequently perceive as historical events.” – Adolf Hitler
Growing up poor in a small town in Austria he had dreams of becoming famous; some would even say this dream soon became an obsession. This fascination soon engulfed his life, viewing his goals as a catalyst for a better life. After a brief stint in the army he pursued this dream and learned to use propaganda as a springboard to achieve a high ranking position in a political party. This political party was currently in power in the country he had immigrated to in his twenties, a country he could now call his own. Two Austrian men adequately fit this description: Arnold Schwarzenegger and Adolf Hitler.
Most people do not associate Arnold Schwarzenegger with Adolf Hitler, but as one examines the lives and goals of each of these household personas, similarities arise in their upbringings, careers, and even personality traits. Both Arnold Schwarzenegger and Adolf Hitler grew up impoverished in small towns in Austria with dreams of becoming famous. Each had their own motivation that drove their successes, Schwarzenegger weight lifted and Hitler developed his notions of anti-Semitism. The goal of this paper is not to extrapolate that Schwarzenegger is an anti-Semite, nor that he has plans to execute millions of Californians in the same way Hitler used his power and influence. This comparison is to demonstrate and better understand the tactics that Arnold Schwarzenegger employed to attain his current position in California, and how his political agenda has paralleled that of Adolf Hitler’s rise to power in Nazi-Germ...
... middle of paper ...
...t Star's Father, August 26, 2003, Tuesday Racing
8: Schwarzenegger has 'no memory' of lewd 1977 interview, Thursday, August 28, 2003, CNN
9: Comment & Analysis: Arnie, the humiliator: Clinton took a hit for less, so why did Schwarzenegger's groping have no impact at the polls?, October 9, 2003, The Guardian
10: Schwarzenegger begins damage control over reports of Hitler comment, groping women, October 3rd, 2003, The Associated Press
11: Celebrity status gave Schwarzenegger options; Schwarzenegger met the press his way; Celebrity status changed media landscape, October 13th, 2003, The San Francisco Chronicle
12: Bustamante accepts UFW support while facing questions about past, August 30, 2003, The Associated Press
13: "No" On Recall; Does Not Endorse A Replacement, September 28th, 2003, Los Angeles Times
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Adolf Hitler and Fidel Castro have lots of similarities and differences. For example they both used the weakness of their enemies, propaganda and sense of nationalism. They also have differences such as Castro came into power with a revolution while Hitler didn’t. Hitler was part of Nazi Party while Castro didn’t have a party. It was just him and his supporters. On their rise to power both Hitler and Castro used the weakness of their opponents. For Hitler it was the Weimar Government and for Castro it was Batista.... [tags: Nazism, Nazi Germany, Adolf Hitler, Fascism]
1473 words (4.2 pages)
- Adolf Hitler and Fidel Castro are two sing party state dictators that when you compare them you find out they are reasonably similar. For example they both used the weakness of their enemies, manipulating propaganda and the pandering to the sense of nationalism of the public to gain support. There are some notable differences between them though such as how Castro came into power with a revolution while Hitler didn’t. Hitler was part of Nazi Party while Castro didn’t have a party. It was just him and his supporters.... [tags: Nazism, Nazi Germany, Adolf Hitler, Fascism]
1436 words (4.1 pages)
- Adolf Hitler is considered one of the world’s worst men to ever step foot on the planet, he organized one of the worst genocides in recent history, but his personal life was even worse. He had a dark and terrible past, a staggering rise to power and a very confusing psychological state, this made the man we know today as Adolf Hitler. It is an indisputable fact that Hitler had a horrific past, he was beaten by his father, his mother and father died whilst he was still young, he was left on the streets after the art school he had wanted to go to since his was a teenager denied him.... [tags: Adolf Hitler, Nazism, Nazi Party, Nazi Germany]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Adolf Hitler was a man filled with self-indulgent acts and was abominable towards others -- a man who, even to this day has destroyed his reputation. The majority of Hitler actions were filled with artifice. Everything about this man was evil. Adolf Hitler was born on April 20, 1889, at the Gastof zum Pommer , in Braunau am Inn, in an Austria town near the border of Bavaria, Germany. Hitler’s parents were Alois Hitler and Klara Hitler née Pölzl . Although Adolf was the fourth child born to his family, he was the first child to survive infancy .... [tags: Adolf Hitler Biography]
3099 words (8.9 pages)
- “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” --Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom. The Hitler youth breed hate from a young age using propaganda, and teaching disinformation. The Hitler youth had been taught that the Aryan race was a “pure” race, and everyone else is not. Just like before the war, the Nazi youth had to be “reprogrammed” to stop hating.... [tags: Nazi Germany, Adolf Hitler, Hitler Youth, Nazism]
2228 words (6.4 pages)
- Adolf Hitler, a German that was leader of the Nazi party from 1934 to 1945, was a very weird, but interesting man. Hitler was born to Alois Shickelgruber and Klara Polzl on April 20th, 1889 at the Branau Inn in Austria. His father, Alois Shickelgruber, later changed his last name to Hitler because of the man that married his mom when he was 5 years old. They are unsure on who Hitler’s Grandfather is. When Hitler was 4 years old, he was saved from drowning. Hitler was always very smart and popular in school until he dropped out.... [tags: Adolf Hitler, Nazi Party, Nazism]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Adolf Hitler Adolf Hitler is known for his actions that will never be forgotten by people all across the world. For many years, Jewish people feared they would be yanked from their homes and separated from their families by Hitler and his army. His torturing and killing has scarred people that were involved and even people not involved. At a young age, Hitler seemed to be an average kid moving to Vienna to become an artist. His dreams and mindset quickly changed as he became one of the most powerful rulers in the world.... [tags: Adolf Hitler, Hitler family, Alois Hitler]
1308 words (3.7 pages)
- Adolf Hitler Born in the Austrian town of Braunau on April 20, 1889, Adolf was the fourth child of Alois Schickelgruber and Klara Hitler. By 1900, young Adolf's talents as an artist surfaced. He did well enough in school to be eligible for either the university preparatory school or the technical/scientific Realschule. Because the technical/scientific Realschule had a course in drawing, Adolf enrolled in there. Adolf suffered from frequent lung infections, and he quit school at the age of 16, partially the result of ill health, but mainly the result of poor schoolwork.... [tags: World History Adolf Hitler]
1406 words (4 pages)
- Adolf Hitler Adolf Hitler was born on April 20th, 1889 in Braunau, Austria. He was the fourth child of Alois Schickelgruber and Klara Hitler. The couple’s first three offsprings died as children, but more two more were born later, in addition to Adolf’s half siblings from his father’s previous marriage. A housemaid described Adolf’s father as a strict but comfortable man, and his mother was known to give Adolf much love and affection. As a child, Adolf was very skilled at artwork, and even went to a special school for awhile, but he didn’t do well there.... [tags: Adolf Hitler Nazi Germany Biography Essays]
1418 words (4.1 pages)
- Adolf Hitler Adolf Hitler was one of the worst dictators that the world has ever seen. Some people called him the devil, because of what he did to the Jews during WWII. Hitler was a dictator that ordered the execution of millions of Jews and other people, during his reign of Nazi Germany. As a teenager Hitler served in WWI and years later was thrown in jail, where he wrote his book Mien Kampf. Hitler soon became the dictator of Germany and started WWII. At the age of twenty five, Hitler enlisted in the German army.... [tags: Adolf Hitler Holocaust History German Essays]
1605 words (4.6 pages)