Pollution is the introduction of harmful substances or products into the environment. It is a major problem in America and as well as the world. Pollution not only damages the environment, but damages us also. It has cause many problems ranging from lung cancer to the greenhouse effect. It is all among us but we continue to live in our own filth. What is the reason behind this flawed logic? In this paper I will examine the problems and solutions for this issue.
Automobiles are undeniable the greatest source of pollution. The noise pollution created by cars is immense. Another polluting effect of cars is the heat it creates. This heat makes it unpleasant to be near the car while its running. And of course the most famous of the automobiles evils is the exhaust. The toxic fumes given off as a byproduct of the combustion engine are slowly deteriorating our lungs and our atmosphere. The exhaust is extremely toxic to human beings. But why do we do continue to drive these walking time bombs. Some people will say it is progress, but the majority drives it for the convenien...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The detriment of air pollution is that it has far reaching consequences and most often is misplaced long distances by the wind. Polluted air shows up in places where you wouldn’t expect or desire it, like in the most remote parts of beloved national parks or barren wilderness. This can be attributed to higher power plant pipes that transport pollutants above a local community contribute to carrying pollutants sometimes thousands of miles away by wind. This can be particularly true in downwind states, where emissions from industrial boilers and power plants contribute to smog, haze, and air pollution hundreds of miles away (EPA, 2014) .... [tags: Air pollution, Smog]
2130 words (6.1 pages)
- Having been around for billions of years the earth can handle a bit of air pollution. That isn’t the case at all, with the rise in Co2 conditions on Earth have changed causing many problems. Since the clean air act the air quality has improved but it isn’t enough. China has some of the most polluted air in the world causing many health issues for its citizens. This is primarily caused by the increasing amount of Co2 in the air. Leaders around the world gathered in Paris to find a way to slow down the problem.... [tags: Air pollution, Smog, Global warming]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- Air pollution has become a significant problem in the US as well as the world over years. It’s the result of variety of sources like industrial, agriculture, mechanical and transportation. Sadly, transportation which releases a great amount of carbon dioxides, nitrogen oxides and other toxicity is proven the leading cause of air pollution. There are several transportation factors that contribute to air pollution in the US. The first factor is the excessive use of SUVs and cars. Vehicle has played an important role in the US because of its use of connecting people to anyplace.... [tags: Pollution]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- “Visual Pollution is the worst form of pollution, critically discuss.” Pollution has been affecting the earth for many thousands of years with natural causes, however as we developed as a species our technologies advanced creating more and more ways of polluting the earth. Visual pollution is often over looked in regards to the affects it has on the environment and the health of the population but could it be considered the worst form of pollution. Visual pollution is referring to the issue of aesthetics, defined as impairing ones ability to enjoy a vista or view (Stapleton).... [tags: Pollution, Global warming, Environmentalism]
1038 words (3 pages)
- First of all I love the ocean as much as I love the ocean animals and it hurts my hurts, my heart to see animals get hurt because of the pollution. This past summer I went to L.A California and I had the opportunity to go to Santa Monica and the beaches there are not really dirty but the oceans in peru and over there by south africa are full of plastic. Not necessary plastic you can see with your own eyes but plastic that has eroded for so long they are particles. I would really like to see all the oceans clean.... [tags: Ocean, Water, Pollution, Rain]
712 words (2 pages)
- There have been several environmental changes in the world recently occurring due to the pollution of the environment. Increase in production, manufacturing, the use of motor vehicles and basically dumping waste into the environment. This has brought about different types of pollution, each resulting in negative effects due to reducing quality air and other environmental features. If things keep going down this road, the future generations may not have a clean environment to come to, and it may even signify the end of our world.... [tags: Pollution, Air pollution, Environmentalism]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Pollution is a growing problem going on in today’s world. We pretend that it doesn’t exist but, it is slowly growing and taking over our planet and destroying everything in its path. How can we stop. There are certain groups and laws that are created to ensure pollution doesn’t escalate to the extreme. Air pollution is a silent killer, it lurks through our homes and surprises. There are designated agencies that are made to help combat pollution, setting regulations and making laws to protect the environment.... [tags: Pollution, Automobile, Air pollution]
1603 words (4.6 pages)
- According to the book Ten Letters (Saslow, 2011) in Chapter 7, the environment of Mexico has been endangered many years because of the poured oil, a video clip shows that “a geyser of black oil spewing from a pipe on the ocean floor, building into a cloud, and then mixing with the clear water until it painted the entire video screen grey” (p. 169). Therefore, protecting our environment is becoming more and more important. Beijing, the capital of China, also faced the environment problem---air pollution.... [tags: Automobile, Pollution, Air pollution]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- Automobiles and Pollution In years past, levels of air, noise, and sight pollution were much lower than they are today. There are more cars on the road today, and because of this we experience higher levels of pollution than before. The automobile is probably the leading contributor pollution in our cities. They release toxic emissions into our atmosphere. Automobiles are linked particularly to carbon monoxide pollution. They are noisy (especially if you are living near the highway), and they take up valuable space in the form of vast parking lots that are unpleasing to the eye.... [tags: Environmental Problems, Environment Pollution]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- A New Pollution. Abstract: Increasingly our society is being inundated with information wirelessly, through emissions of electromagnetic waves (EMF). Any room you enter is being blanketed with ever increasing amounts of, in some cases, highly powerful electromagnetic waves. These waves carry everything from cell phone traffic to wireless internet signals, to even conventional AM/FM radio signals. Although humans and animals cannot perceive most of these electromagnetic frequencies, they can affect biological organisms in many ways that scientists currently do not even understand.... [tags: Wireless Communication Pollution Dangers Papers]
2873 words (8.2 pages)