While I love going to Romania as much as ever, the convenience of the United States of America keeps me here, leaving the temptations of Romania only as memories from my childhood and a place to visit. Visiting Romania It’s like going to the best vacation where I can eat my favorite food and drink natural flavored drinks. On the other hand living in the United States is quite different in comparison to living in Romania on a huge farm with a lot of land and animals around. Comparing the two places is like comparing an apple to a pear, which is totally different in look, shape, and color.
After living in Los Angeles for the past four years I have noticed the differences between the two countries and how the lifestyles differ from each other; the differences are: Romania is less crowded than Los Angeles, the houses are a lot larger, and Romanians live a much more relaxed life than most people in America.
To begin with, living in Romania on a big farm for eighteen years is a little bit different than living in a big crowded city such as Los Angeles. I remember when I was back home and I had to get up early to feed all of the animals before I could go to school. Living on a big farm where you have a lot of land and animals to take care of is not at all easy. On the other hand, there were good things about it because I did not have to go to the market and wait in line for hours to get some bread and milk. However, I had friends who had to because th...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As I begin to read Lydia’s story, I recall the days that led up to the named storm, Hurricane Katrina. It was the year 2005. Most of the people I came in contact with were tracking the storm and wondered if the storm would come our way. We spoke of how we would prepare for the storm. I was afraid because my husband was on the road and I was alone to take care of my five-year-old child and my home. My heart goes out to Lydia and the many people that had to live through that horrible storm. In my mind, I often try to place myself in the shoes of the people that rode out the storm.... [tags: Hurricane Katrina, Tropical cyclone, New Orleans]
709 words (2 pages)
- In the Old Testament of The Bible, the story of Leviticus states that "lying with mankind as with womankind is an abomination”. Furthermore, the story of Sodom and Gomorrah has been interpreted as condemning homosexual acts. Sodom and Gomorrah is mentioned in the Book of Genesis, both in the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament. This story is typically used as a metaphor for homosexuality and is viewed as a deviation. Some interpretations of it today believe that The Bible does condemn homosexuality, while other interpretations state that The Bible has rare or unusual words in the passages that may not be referring to homosexuality at all.... [tags: Bible, Old Testament, Homosexuality]
1557 words (4.4 pages)
- This report contains Marketing strategies and plan, conducted on behalf of GM Holden Ltd. Holden is current looking to introduce new products into the home appliance market. This product is a refrigerator, which will be branded as Holden (Scenario created for the purpose of this assignment). A SWOT analysis conducted had shown a clear summary that Holden has a high strength in its being an Australian brand which manufacture in Australia, as Australian consumers are always looking to support Australian brands.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, General Motors, Holden]
1102 words (3.1 pages)
- Place yourself in this picture; you are in an unfamiliar land where you have no idea what to expect, where to go, or what your role is. All you know is that your forefathers were promised to inherit a land all their own, and now after years of living in a foreign country as an unpaid labourer, it is time for that promise to be realised in your life. You are scared and at the same time excited to be finally going to a place you can call home… A critical moment in the story of God in the Old Testament is when Abram at around 2081BC1 (well after the flood) is told by God in Genesis 12 to, "Go to the land that I will show you".(v1) And, "I will make you a great nation" (v2)... [tags: Old Testament, Bible, Israelites, Torah]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Many characters in the history of literature, such as Odysseus were obviously portrayed as heroes and were offered accolade. However, some characters are not easily recognized as being heroic. The old man, Santiago, in The Old Man and the Sea is one of them. The old man and the sea is a novella about an old Cuban fisherman, Santiago, and his three-day battle with a giant Marlin fish. Throughout the novella, Santiago is portrayed in different perspectives. He is tough and refuses to give up at any time.... [tags: Old Man and the Sea, Steinbeck, heroes,]
640 words (1.8 pages)
- If you have decided that you are going to purchase a home, your subsequent step should be to start eyeing at homes for sale, but where do you look to find options of Sotogrande property for sale. There are a couple of resources available to you that will show you which abodes are for sale and where they are. Contracting Sotogrande real estate agents can make home-purchasing a much smoother procedure. These people know the real estate Sotogrande properties that are presently on sale and also have info regarding those houses.... [tags: Real estate, Property, Money, Home]
797 words (2.3 pages)
- Many people have repeatedly told me that if at all possible I should not get old. As I have watched others, dear friends and loved ones, grow older they talk not only about the symptoms of their bodies state of deteriorating and becoming a burden but also there is a fear of the psychological effects of aging. As we move through this life our goal should be to constitute a future of active aging, both personally and for others. There is immeasurable wisdom, both practical and transcendent, found from those of an older generation.... [tags: Gerontology, Ageing, Old age, Death]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- The Old Soldiers’ Home “They freely risked life and limb to protect the nation, and it seems but simple justice for the nation to care for them when unable to care for themselves” (Guide Publishing 1) was a shared opinion of many by the end of the Civil War. After these men have put their life on the line for the nation, any train of thought opposite of this would be absurd. Injury from the war is expected, but unfortunately, some of the blows these vets received were too harsh to bounce back from.... [tags: Military]
1578 words (4.5 pages)
- Old Man and Old Woman as Marital Guide "Old Man and Old Woman," a retelling of a Native American myth by Chewing Blackbones, a Blackfoot Indian, should serve as a lesson to all couples in how a good relationship works. In today’s society there is a great need for people to understand how to make their relationships successful. As the divorce rate gets higher every year; small children have begun to think that getting a divorce is something that is normal and to be expected. This story shows how to work through problems with a give-and-take approach where you make compromises, yet still stand up for yourself when you believe your convictions cannot be compromised.... [tags: Old Man Old Woman Essays]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- The Old Gringo by Carlos Fuentes The Old Gringo is a fiction novel written by one of Latin America's most renowned and eloquent authors, Carlos Fuentes. Filled with war, adventure, love and more, this novel takes you back to the Mexican revolution fought in 1912. This contemporary fiction is based on many themes found and experienced by the main characters in this novel. The relationship between Mexico and the United States, the drive to find one's true self and the different ways two men need a woman are only a few themes contained in this story.... [tags: Old Gringo Carlos Fuentes Essays]
2609 words (7.5 pages)