In his work "Men from Mars and Women from Venus", John Gray explored the intrinsic differences between men and women in a way that has helped millions of people to understand why relationships between the two sexes could be so frustrating. Gray was correct when he talked about women cherishing love, communication, beauty, and relationships. However, he oversimplified the gender differences between the two sexes.
Though women appreciate the beauty in life and want to live with tranquility, they also corrupt by their desire for power, love for competition, and want for achievements.
The premises of John Gray’s essay were set many years ago when all men lived on Mars and all women lived on Venus. Once they got together, they respected and enjoyed their differences--until one day when everybody woke up, completely forgetting that they had once came from different planets. Ever since, men mistakenly expected women to think, communicate, and react the way men do. Gray also believes that Venusians are more concerned with living together harmonically, communicably, and loving cooperation.
Instead of building highways and tall buildings, they prefer building a Utopia. “Relationships are more important than work and technology” says Gray (523).
Rather than developing new technology, they build up their relationships with others. On the other hand, Martians get their sense of self from achievement, usually focus on a goal, ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Men, on the other hand, do not smile as much as women. They do use more gestures than females, such as sweeping arm and hand motions, in conversation. (West Virginia Department of Education) Males and females also use different body language in the realm of flirting and dating. Jo Hemmings, a behavioral psychologist and dating coach, points out some surprising differences between men and women in this aspect: A woman may pull up her sleeves…it is a subconscious way to show the soft, gentle, tender woman she is.... [tags: Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus]
1183 words (3.4 pages)
- Mars And Venus I am following up on the book of , "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus." by John Gray. "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus" was been a very interesting book. The book brought up some very interesting facts about both sexes. While also remaining very general to cover basically everyone and simple for everyone to understand. So simple in fact that I saw everything in there as being common sense; but also at the same time being hidden from the obvious senses. In the past the news has done interviews with John Gray and his recent students.... [tags: Papers]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- The Need for Understanding the Differences: An Opinion on Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus In order to have a good communication, men and women have to understand and trust one another. In a book Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus John Gray shows the differences that men and women have. Also, Gray points out plenty of techniques and ideas that men and women can use to make their relationships much stronger and happier. I argue that John Gray's book is very helpful, informative, and insightful because his guidance helped me to understand my girlfriend's temperament and differences.... [tags: Management]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus "Home Burial" poem is from Jupiter. I analyzed communications and the relationship factors from the poem, "Home Burial," in light of the guide for improving communications and relationships Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus. In the poem "Home Burial," characters do not understand one another because of a lack of communication. I found plenty of techniques and ideas that the couple in Frost's "Home Burial," could have used from the book Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus to strengthen their marriage.... [tags: Management]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Chromosomes Can't Explain This It's no secret that men and women often have difficulty communicating with one another. How many times, for example, have small disagreements combusted into gigantic tragedies with the exchange of only a few words and frustrated expressions. Despite the fact that male and female bodies were obviously made for clear interaction, our respective linguistic capabilities appear to have been scrambled. Some people may wonder how in the hell the human race continues to propagate given the disparaging gap separating the sexes.... [tags: CommunicatingLanguage Relationships Essays]
1797 words (5.1 pages)
- The Difference Between Men and Women The fact that men and women are different is well known. Some of these differences are constant and some are not; some have changed in the past and some are about to change in the future. While some physical differences are obvious, some of them are controversial; in addition, psychological and cognitive differences are always divisive. Men are considered to be physically stronger than women. First, the physical duties of a household always seem to be a job for the man of the house.... [tags: Gender Difference Human Development Essays]
666 words (1.9 pages)
- Effective Communications between Men and Women Many men and women find it quite difficult to understand exactly what their mates want. With the new boom of self-help books this is no longer a problem. Whether it is bad communication or dealing with petty arguments, there is a book out there for you and your partner. Although not all of the author’s agree and there are many critics of these works, they do offer helpful insight into the world of communication in relationships between men and women.... [tags: Social Psychology]
1235 words (3.5 pages)
- Communication Between Men and Women Communication is a crucial part of our daily lives which can be interpreted in various ways. Although, many couples think they have no problems communicating with each other; however, the issue among genders still exists. Learning to talk and listen can improve relationships in many ways. Therefore, Deborah Tannen, John Gray, Susan Page, and John Gottman focused on improving communication skills between genders. According to Deborah Tannen, a linguistic professor of Georgetown University, men and women talk differently and sometimes it might be very complex as she stated that many coupes 'grew in diverse cultures.' Men consider communication as a primary... [tags: Communication Language Gender Comparison]
1345 words (3.8 pages)
- The Differences of Men and Women Men and women often misunderstand each other. Though we do not plan or expect to make life difficult for each other, we often mistake the ideas and feelings of a person of the other sex.... [tags: Papers]
2135 words (6.1 pages)
- Introduction Men and women will never be the same when it comes to both emotional and physical aspects. So, why is it that people are surprised when men and women have trouble communicating. God gave Eve to Adam for companionship. Their differences are what make them a complete pair. Most everyone in today’s society is familiar with the book, Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus. The author, John Gray, has written many books about the differences men and women face during everyday life.... [tags: Gender, Workplace Communication]
2289 words (6.5 pages)