Everyone needs a best friend in her lifetime. She needs somebody that she can trust and go to with her problems. A best friend should be there for you all the time, no matter what the situation may be. In my case, I have known my best friend for my entire life. My best friend happens to be my younger sister, Brittany. She is only thirteen months younger than I am, so we are very close. Having Brittany as my best friend has made me into the person I am today. She has taught me how to trust people, how to resolve my problems, and how to open up and express my feelings.
I have always had a hard time learning how to trust people. The one person I found that I could trust with everything was my sister Brittany. I could always go to her and let her know if I had done something wrong. She would assure me that she would not tell anyone if I didn’t want her to. I knew all my secrets would be safe with her and that nobody would find out unless I told them. This was very important to me because I haven’t had very good luck in finding people whom I can trust. Brittany has never told anyone a secret that I told her. Knowing that I could trust my sister with anything helped make our relationship stronger.
Problem solving was another thing that Brittany could help me with. Whenever I had a problem that I couldn’t quite work out myself, I went to her. Whether it had to do with boys, school work, sports, or even just things running...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Man’s Best friend When I was ten years old, I was curious about all categories of animals. Although a majority of children own pets as companions, I could not convince my parents into permitting me to have one. Until one day, my mother arrived home from an exhaustingly long day at work, with an immense smile on her face acting very suspicious. Before I could ask, “Mom what are you up to?” I focused my vision down into her arms. I was in comprehensive wide-ranging astonishment. I felt so extremely blissful, tears started to dominate my expression.... [tags: Mother, Father, Storm, Black-and-white films]
715 words (2 pages)
- A best friend’s wedding in San Diego, a close family member’s funeral in Seattle, a visit to the grandkids in New York all have one thing in common for someone who does not live in any of those areas. What is it. They are all events for which air travel may be necessary. In today’s global culture, air travel is inevitable at some point in nearly everyone’s life. For someone who has never been on an airplane before, flying can be both an exciting and nerve-wracking affair. The entire process, from buying a ticket, to surviving security, to actually boarding the plane, can be enjoyable and somewhat easy for seasoned pro who knows what he or she is doing.... [tags: Airline, Airport, Conveyor belt, Avianca]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- People Let Me Tell Ya ‘Bout My Best Friend Or Sara Smile Like Rock and Roll, true friendship will never die. True friendship withstands the test of time. It can be compared to a good song; I can listen to it over and over but never get tired of hearing it, and I can pause it, and pick up right where I left off. There is only one person in this entire world who I will never get tired of listening to or who I can go weeks without seeing and feel as if nothing has changed, and her name is Sara. We have known each other since kindergarten, and have been best friends since eighth grade.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Friendship, Love]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- I was never one to have many friends. It’s been that way my whole life. Throughout all of elementary it was just my best friend Angela and I against the world. We were inseparable. She was that kind of friend that would go to war for you. This paper is not about her, though. It’s about her cousin, Joshua. He was a dorky little blonde boy, in rainbow pants with a base guitar. He was my middle school heart throb. We had been friends before, given my relationship to Angela, but never quite like in middle school.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school, Summer]
891 words (2.5 pages)
- Stressful Educational Experience Looking back to your high school years, what do you remember. Do you think of that one night that you got to get all dressed up, wear high heels, and spray pounds of hair spray onto your loose curly hair. Or, maybe you think of your best friend. The person who is supposed to be your partner in crime and always there for you when someone hurts you. Your best friend is not supposed to be the one who hurts you the most. In my case, I had exactly the opposite. I was the target of my narcissistic best friend for my entire high school experience.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Psychology]
1319 words (3.8 pages)
- Today, I look back through vague but wonderful memories, memories of childhood, memories my mother and I share. I remember playing games, cards and putting together puzzles which I still have stored in my attic. Did you ever know that "I Love Lucy" reruns were on at 3: 00 a.m.. On occasion I would run downstairs and wake my mom, who already knew that I had had a bad dream, and we 'd watch together. She was very comforting. She showed alot of affection not only for me, but also for my sister. Both of us have experienced the same happiness our mother brought to our lives.... [tags: Mother, 2007 singles, Multiple sclerosis]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- Grandparents are the best of friend and kind person you will ever meet. They love and care about their granddaughter very much. Children enjoy spending time with their grandparents because they are full of story and they always seem to have candy or cookie with them. Children are always excited to about their grandparents ' visitations especially on holidays or birthdays. They hoped that one day they will see their granddaughter grow up and change the world. A Long the way their life turn upside down and they never get to see that day comes to pass.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, English-language films]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- “Clean your room. Don’t touch that. Go mow the lawn. You better be studying and nothing else. You must do this assignment or you will fail.” We have all heard these commands scolding from our abecedaries and parents’ mouth at one point in life but now a days you see teenagers not caring for what they are being screamed at or better yet, screaming back at their guardians for giving orders. The man who started this rebel revolution was no different from the teenagers in the 1950’s till he started high school but once he acted out, it was unmistakable he did this on purpose.... [tags: james dean, rebellion, domino effect]
1412 words (4 pages)
- The sun gleamed vibrantly on August 5, 2008, but I did not sense the warmth as my thoughts were elsewhere. I was only six years old at the time and preparing to begin first grade in less than one month. As I crossed the threshold into the home of my best friend, I had a sensation everything would change. At such a young age, I was having to tell my best friend goodbye. Blake Basgall had leukemia and would not be around when I returned from vacation, according to my mom. That day, I had spent hours coloring a picture in his favorite color, blue, so I could give it to him prior to heading to my grandma’s for the week.... [tags: Family, English-language films, Trip]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Movie examples only scratch the surface of “best friends.” Viewers see the typical girl duo that gossips and shops, completely joined at the hip, never without one another. They trade secrets and inside jokes like playing cards, and their names go hand in hand. That perception is not wrong; it is just not the whole truth. Your best friend should be all that movies say, but it is so much more complex than that. Relationships are the risk you take knowing you could lose someone, but best friends and forever loves are knowing they will always be there after a long day.... [tags: Love, Interpersonal relationship, Friendship]
1016 words (2.9 pages)